What's new

The Great Game Changer: Belt and Road Intiative (BRI; OBOR)

there was a time when people said same thing about Japan, you always start from somewhere and no one can produce best quality from day one. Right now China is supplying low quality products to billions around the world who couldnt afforded high quality products from Germany and US, but in time those low quality user will have improvements in their life and be able to use high quality products, in the mean time china will graduate into high quality product club and still keeping his products users.
JP can got Tech transfer from US when China never get US's high tech, and Chinese r not smart enough to make high tech products by themselves.

Last edited:
Curbs on banks' yuan trading to be relaxed

e89a8f5fc4c2160d8e2804.jpg
A bank clerk counts money. [File photo]

China will relax restrictions on banks' yuan trading from next year, in a small but significant move toward relaxing its capital controls.

The changes will replace daily caps on banks' foreign exchange positions with weekly limits, and for the first time establish unified standards for total foreign exchange positions that banks can hold.

The State Administration of Foreign Exchange published a set of new rules on Tuesday to simplify 14 sets of related regulations and add new provisions liberalizing banks' forex trading practices.

"The timing is well chosen," said a senior dealer at a major European bank in Shanghai.

"With the dollar strengthening globally and emerging market currencies suffering from lingering weakness, it is a good time to relax restrictions."

The yuan has lost 1.3 percent so far this month and looks set to close the year down 2.8 percent in the face of bearish pressure, which is expected to last well into 2015.

Starting Thursday, the SAFE will check banks' position compliance status each week, according to the rules published on the regulator's website, www.safe.gov.cn, leaving them leeway to short dollars within that period, traders said.

However, the SAFE appeared to discourage this interpretation in its statement.

"While banks manage their positions on a weekly basis, their average daily positions should be kept within the limits defined by SAFE," the regulator said, in what traders said was an apparent signal that banks should not go too far.

While position caps for shorting dollars will remain unchanged, the SAFE has published standards for total forex positions that will apply to everyone.

Banks previously needed to apply for quota individually.

All banks with less than $100 million worth of forex settlement business in the previous year will be allowed total positions of $50 million on average by the end of each day in a week, with a maximum short position value of $3 million, according to the new rules.

Those recording a value between $100 million and $1 billion will be granted total positions of $300 million and short positions of $5 million.

Those doing more than $1 billion of business can have total positions of $1 billion and short positions of $10 million.

"Those banks that cannot meet their business demand via the above-mentioned positions can apply to SAFE for additional quotas," the regulator said.

The rules also apply to China-based foreign banks; overseas lenders that have more than one office in China must appoint one key office to manage the positions, the rules said.

JP can got Tech transfer from US when China never get US's high tech, and Chinese r not smart enough to make high tech products by themselves.
No matter what , We are far more better than you guys .

Pls show that China can make a good car like JP-German :pop:
Pls show that Viet can make a good car before you talk shit.

No matter what , We are far more better than you guys .

Pls show that Viet can make a good car before you talk shit.

This is a Vietnamese made helicopter. It cost 70% of the Viet government's annual budget to produce and it can't fly because Viet scientists encountered technological difficulties when they put the rotor in the wrong location. Also, the instrument panel is actually an old Made-in-China black and whiteTV superglued to the front dash. :rofl:

20140926113424-scitech-helicopter[1].jpg

U.S. sanctions undermine int'l cooperation with Russia
English.news.cn 2014-12-31

Russian FM said Tuesday U.S. sanctions on Russian officials put in question bilateral cooperation.
• US Department of Treasury Monday added 4 Russians to its sanctions list.
• Russian FM criticized US for its "wilful" choices to pressure on Moscow by imposing more sanctions.

MOSCOW, Dec. 30 (Xinhua) -- Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Alexander Lukashevich said Tuesday the latest U.S. sanctions on Russian officials put in question the bilateral cooperation on major global problems.

The sanctions particularly hinders the efforts to reach a comprehensive agreement on Iran's controversial nuclear program and to find a peaceful solution for the Syrian crisis, according to the spokesman.

"It seems as if there are people in Washington who are itching to destroy the foundation of our bilateral relations," RIA Novosti news agency quoted Lukashevich as saying.

The spokesman said that the move was "totally politically motivated", warning that Russia has never left and will never leave such unfriendly moves unanswered.

The U.S. Department of Treasury on Monday added four Russians to its sanctions list under a law enacted two years ago following the death of Russian lawyer Sergei Magnitsky, who was described by the U.S. as a fighter against corruptions among Russian officials.

The Russian Foreign Ministry on Saturday posted a year-end statement on its website, criticizing the U.S. for its "wilful" choices to step up pressure on Moscow by imposing more sanctions, which only resulted in the escalating tensions between the two countries.

The ministry also called for the restoration of bilateral relations, which is only possible when Washington is ready to respect Moscow's interests and conduct an equal dialogue.

Spotlight: Amid tighter Western sanctions, Russia says retaliation in making

MOSCOW, Dec. 21 (Xinhua) -- Russia vowed Saturday to take retaliatory measures against a fresh round of punitive measures, after the United States and Canada followed EU steps to rachet up sanctions over Crimea and for what they say Russia's role in the ongoing Ukrainian crisis.

U.S. President Barack Obama on Friday signed an executive order, imposing a ban on new investment in Crimea and barring export or import of goods, technology or services with the region, which joined Russia after a referendum in March.Full Story

Spotlight: Besieged Russian economy to ride out recession

MOSCOW, Dec. 19 (Xinhua) -- It has been more than a decade since Russians woke up to find again their ruble savings sharply depreciate against the U.S. dollar and the euro. Even worse, they would probably have to endure a few years of recession coupled with high inflation risks.

Meanwhile, both the Russian leadership and experts agree that the economy will ride out recession, as the country has started accelerating economic restructuring and diversification.Full Story

Russia vows to retaliate against new U.S., Canadian sanctions

MOSCOW, Dec. 20 (Xinhua) -- Russia vowed Saturday to take retaliatory measures against fresh U.S. and Canadian sanctions, calling the moves an evidence that the West lacks interest in settling the Ukraine crisis.

"The United States and Canada still cannot put up with the results of free declaration of will in Crimea and Sevastopol," Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Alexander Lukashevich said in a statement.Full story

Russia must focus on innovation to gain economic independence: Medvedev

MOSCOW, Dec. 19 (Xinhua) -- The Russian government should focus on supporting the innovation sector as a way to cut the country's independence on import and facilitate the solution to current economic woes, Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said Friday.

His remarks came at a time when the Russian economy hit the buffers following a plunge in the value of the ruble as well as the free fall in crude oil prices since June. Full story

Out of control economic crisis in Russia not in EU interest: German FM

BERLIN, Dec. 19 (Xinhua) -- German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier on Friday warned against a further tightening of EU sanctions against Russia.

In an interview with German news magazine Der Spiegel, Steinmeier said he was concerned that Russia would be destabilized if Europe does not loosen the sanctions. Full story

News Analysis: New U.S. sanctions could add to Russia's economic woes, albeit indirectly

WASHINGTON, Dec. 18 (Xinhua) -- Although a new round of U.S. sanctions against Russia might not have a direct impact, they could increase Russia's sense of panic and ratchet up pressure on the country's embattled economy, experts said.

U.S. President Barack Obama on Thursday signed into law a new round of sanctions against Russia, but for now, does not intend to use them, saying the administration is keeping an eye on the situation in Ukraine. Full story

We admit that we dont have good high tech like JP-German, so we dont boast abt economic war like some Ah Q Chinese :pop:
Yeah , you do not have such ability so you dont boast about the eco war but you boast about contain china blabla

Does that mean you guys have that military ability ?

This is a Vietnamese made helicopter. It cost 70% of the Viet government's annual budget to produce and it can't fly because Viet scientists encountered technological difficulties when they put the rotor in the wrong location. Also, the instrument panel is actually an old Made-in-China black and whiteTV superglued to the front dash. :rofl:

View attachment 180009
You kdding me , right ?

Yeah , you do not have such ability so you dont boast about the eco war but you boast about contain china blabla

You kdding me , right ?

I'm only joking a little. That's indeed a Viet produced helicopter. The pride of Vietnam. I think they're referring to it as 5th generation helicopter. Because it took 5 generations of Viets to finally come up with a piece of crap like that. :lol:

You kdding me , right ?
Thats true, we have been contained ur expansion to the South for hundred years. Mao's plot to occupy sub_mekong region failed,too.:pop:
I will say more to you comrades so that you may see more of the military importance of this matter. Mao asked me:

In Laos, how many square kilometers [of land] are there?

I answered:
About 200,000 [sq. km.].

What is its population? [Mao asked]:

[I answered]: Around 3 million!

[Mao responded:] That’s not very much! I’ll bring my people there, indeed!

[Mao asked:] How many square kilometers [of land] are there in Thailand?.

[I responded]: About 500,000 [sq. km.].

And how many people? [Mao asked].

About 40 million! [I answered].

My God! [Mao said], Szechwan province of China has 500,000 sq. km., but has 90 million people. I’ll take some more of my people there, too [to Thailand]!

As for Vietnam, they did not dare to speak about moving in people this way. However, he [Mao] told me: “Comrade, isn’t it true that your people have fought and defeated the Yuan army?” I said: “Correct.” “Isn’t it also true, comrade, that you defeated the Qing army?” I said: “Correct.” He said: “And the Ming army as well?” I said: “Yes, and you too. I have beaten you as well. Did you know that?” I spoke with Mao Zedong in that way. He said: “Yes, yes!” He wanted to take Laos, all of Thailand – as well as wanting to take all of Southeast Asia. Bringing people to live there. It was complicated [to that point].

Comrade B in 1979 : the comment and prediction of a Vietnam leader on China aggression (Mao, Deng)

Thats true, we have been contained ur expansion to the South for hundred years. Mao's plot to occupy sub_mekong region failed,too.:pop:

"Comrade B" sounds like a liar. Why the hell would someone randomly announce his intentions to invade a large swathe of land to the very people he intends to invade? Are all Viets brainwashed to believe that? Also, that piece of Viet propaganda doesn't even sound realistic. If the Viet government is going to fabricate an interview that never happened, at least get a better writer and lose some of the !!! exclamations.

Tell you what. If the Viet government pays me 1 trillion Dong, I will write a new Chairman Mao/Viet Comrade B interview for you guys. :rofl:

The third military power of this world !!

We should nominate Viet , the 6th permanant memeber state of UN .

That loser runs out of trolling ideas, it's not creative to repeat the same old shit on a daily basis. But ofcourse that has never stopped him. He likes to laugh at countries who have bigger economies, more advanced than his own jungle. The dude looks down at the Pinoys despite the Philippines is doing better than that uncivilized habitat of his. I don't see the point coming from him making comparisons between China and Japan or whatever advanced nations he has in mind just to proof something to us which isn't relevant to begin with. We all know what China is capable of developing, it's just too difficult for such a simple minded creature to grasp unfortunately. Or perhaps he's the product of some American defoliant and today we are witnessing the effects of this legacy left behind by the Americans. I do feel a bit of sadness for our so called "child" client state :cray:

Back
Top Bottom