What's new

The Great Emu War - 1932 AD

image.jpg

General Emunus Wildus .. The commander n chief of the Republic of Emustan:

image.jpg

Emu soldiers seen relaxing after a battle against the Australian military - Great Emu wars:
image.jpg

Australian propoganda poster :

image.jpg

Emu soldier chillaxin after victory :

image.jpg

Ostrich and EMU are not same
I know,that is why I said that I have heard about their troubles with ostrich.However, I wasn't aware that Aussies have fought huge war with one of ostrich's close relative (they are placed in same order of birds but not family)
Regards

I have heard once that Aussies have troubles with Ostriches ,but never knew that much.True-we laugh at nature as it means to nourish us,but we have to admit, that even nature gets nasty sometimes.
Instead of heavy weapons,I believe that they should have used light weight guns.Their strategy was faulty for fast running birds. :)
Regards

they should use poison...........

Lol
what did I expect and what did I get! :lol:
The best part of the OP was.....
jhungary said:
Also the Australia have seriously underestimated the command structure and the tactics employed by the Emu, where the head honcho Emu would direct half of its force to charge the Australian Machinegun, some resulting overheat and jamming, the head honcho would also instruct another group to take advantage of the situation and get off with the wheat. And by the end of the conflict, the Emu also smart enough to understand well the range of a Lewis Machinegun and post non-essential combatant just outside the range. Couple with the fact that Emu Stampede was actually quite scary, it contribute the result of 987 emu kill, unknown wounded over 19,000 bullet, a rate that did not even remotely put a dent in the population. And defeated the Australian Effort.

Btw I 've heard of a similar pig war between America and Britain. It was not really a war but named so, it was a confrontation of the 2 armies when some British soldier shot a pig on American soil (in 1850s). Fortunately the only casualty was the pig. Dont know why its called a war though.
I am emu, I want to be the brave and smart emu :coffee: , and let @Armstrong be the foolish soldier. :P

Sorry for the delay in reply, I 'd gone out of town. :)

Last edited:

Blitzkrieg (Lightning War)
In the first phase of World War II in Europe,Germany sought to avoid a long war. Germany's strategy was to defeat its opponents in a series of short campaigns. Germany quickly overran much of Europe and was victorious for more than two years by relying on a new military tactic called the "Blitzkrieg" (lightning war). Blitzkrieg tactics required the concentration of offensive weapons (such as tanks, planes, and artillery) along a narrow front. These forces would drive a breach in enemy defenses, permitting armored tank divisions to penetrate rapidly and roam freely behind enemy lines, causing shock and disorganization among the enemy defenses. German air power prevented the enemy from adequately resupplying or redeploying forces and thereby from sending reinforcements to seal breaches in the front. German forces could in turn encircle opposing troops and force surrender.

Germany successfully used the Blitzkrieg tactic against Poland (attacked in September 1939), Denmark (April 1940), Norway (April 1940), Belgium (May 1940), the Netherlands (May 1940), Luxembourg (May 1940), France (May 1940), Yugoslavia (April 1941), and Greece (April 1941). Germany did not defeat Great Britain, which was protected from German ground attack by the English Channel and the Royal Navy.

Despite the continuing war with Great Britain, German forces invaded the Soviet Union in June 1941. At first, the German Blitzkrieg seemed to succeed. Soviet forces were driven back more than 600 miles to the gates of Moscow, with staggering losses. In December 1941, Hitler unilaterally declared war on the United States, which consequently added its tremendous economic and military power to the coalition arrayed against him. A second German offensive against the Soviet Union in 1942 brought German forces in the east to the shores of the Volga River and the city of Stalingrad. However, the Soviet Union launched a counteroffensive in November 1942, trapping and destroying an entire German army at Stalingrad.

Germany proved unable to defeat the Soviet Union, which together with Great Britain and the United States seized the initiative from Germany. Germany became embroiled in a long war, leading ultimately to its defeat in May 1945.

Blitzkrieg (Lightning War)

"They just come in pack, they were everywhere, when they charge you, they charge at 50 or so together, me and the lads were armed with the Lee-Enfield, while the other lads have its Lewis trained on the Emu, we fire about 3 shots, Then the Lewis gun jam, that poor bloke tried his best to unjam that bugger, but the Emu just too fast, I got out, two other lads got out, the machine gunner leave the gun but still didn't left in time and get all buggered. He got stamp on, pegged everywhere This is absolute horror."

Ex-Australian Militiamen recounting his experience during Emu War

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom