What's new

The Future of Kashmir? "Seven" Possible Solutions!

It is not terrorism since the right to resist an occupation is an internationally recognized right for an occupied people.

The choice is India's, since India was the one that violated the peaceful agreement to begin with. People like you will continue regurgitating jingoism and immoral and illegal positions based on 'might is right'. There is nothign to discuss with you. Other Indians have indicated an interest in compromise, peace, development, and plebiscite in limited areas (AK and IK for example) after a decade or two. Those are the people actually interested in peace and progress.

As to the rest, read the previous posts.

your next post made a lot of sense, and I agree that under some bilateral treaty we should stop violence in kashmir. then after relative peace for a decade or two, conduct a plebiscite. so, that both the countries can move on once and for all.

but, your accusation that india was the aggressor is not acceptable.:disagree:

Its a Risk pakistan has to take, iF it feels India is an illegal entity in Kashmir and then Go onto Humiliate it. If India Doesnt Oblige, then you can wash your hands off Peace and Say, yes to Guns and Violence. I seriously would have done this If I was ruling Pakistan. India would have no choice but to play along with you if this happens!

This is what I pointed out earlier - Pakistan took to guns and violence only after almost two decades of no movement on Kashmir, and the GoI's decision (voiced by Nehru publicly in the sixties or late fifties I believe) that there would be no plebiscite in kashmir and the status quo would prevail.

That unilateral determination by the GoI is what led to the perception in Pakistan that India was not interested in peaceful resolution, which led to Op. Gibraltor and then eventually the Kashmir insurgency.

You have to look at it from Pakistan's perspective as well - given that the above happened, that we had India agree to multiple UNSC resolutions, and come to an agreement in the UN with us on conducting a plebiscite, and then back out unilaterally, what reason is there for us to act unilaterally now, when India does not even consider Kashmir a dispute?

That is why I said that there need to be negotiations and a joint declaration of the way forward, contingent upon peace in the valley - but the way forward has to be announced by both, given the history.

scenerio 7 is the best for the people
and india doesnt have to worry about losing ALL the land as that is what they are after and thats what they care for

the only difference between indian independence struggle and 'kashmir freedom struggle' is that in kashmir the presence of violence/terror launched from foreign nations in large doses!

india has only asked pak to stop violence/terror. remember, even violence in indian independence was not appreciated by the world. just like today.
pak should wake up and smell the coffee. violence wont work.

its not called violence or terror it called fighting fire with fire
if the indian troops can go around killing our people murdering our women and orphaning children then we have the right to resist anyway possible
and india has killed over 90,000 kashmiri civilians isnt that violence?
b4 u tell anyone to get up and smell the copy maybe u should know what ur goverment is really upto :tsk:

This is what I pointed out earlier - Pakistan took to guns and violence only after almost two decades of no movement on Kashmir, and the GoI's decision (voiced by Nehru publicly in the sixties or late fifties I believe) that there would be no plebiscite in kashmir and the status quo would prevail.

That unilateral determination by the GoI is what led to the perception in Pakistan that India was not interested in peaceful resolution, which led to Op. Gibraltor and then eventually the Kashmir insurgency.

You have to look at it from Pakistan's perspective as well - given that the above happened, that we had India agree to multiple UNSC resolutions, and come to an agreement in the UN with us on conducting a plebiscite, and then back out unilaterally, what reason is there for us to act unilaterally now, when India does not even consider Kashmir a dispute?

That is why I said that there need to be negotiations and a joint declaration of the way forward, contingent upon peace in the valley - but the way forward has to be announced by both, given the history.
I just wish people like you were heading the country! Man we got many good leaders among us, If Imran Khan comes in, I believe Change can happen. Same case in India, If Rahul Gandhi comes in with a good majority, then we can expect some peace!

I just wish people like you were heading the country! Man we got many good leaders among us, If Imran Khan comes in, I believe Change can happen. Same case in India, If Rahul Gandhi comes in with a good majority, then we can expect some peace!

Rahul Gandhi is not the be all end all politician. There are many others who are better than him.

Secondly, have you seen him give a speech? He's a third rate orator. You really have to see him in action and then you really need to be a hardcore Congress loyalist to think he's the next best thing after Indira Gandhi.

its not called violence or terror it called fighting fire with fire
if the indian troops can go around killing our people murdering our women and orphaning children then we have the right to resist anyway possible
and india has killed over 90,000 kashmiri civilians isnt that violence?
b4 u tell anyone to get up and smell the copy maybe u should know what ur goverment is really upto :tsk:

lets not start all over again.:hitwall:
there just seems to be a consensus of opinion. suffice to say that I dont agree with your "facts". I believe they are exaggarated and fabricated. these stories/rumours are present wherever there is army deployement.:blah:

Rahul Gandhi is not the be all end all politician. There are many others who are better than him.

Secondly, have you seen him give a speech? He's a third rate orator. You really have to see him in action and then you really need to be a hardcore Congress loyalist to think he's the next best thing after Indira Gandhi.
I am not a congress Loyalist, Infact I believe Congress is using the Minorities in many ways. But they are the lesser of the two evils! I dont have to worry about Communalism in my state as BJP is not in the fray here. In fact its said that, A Man can Live on Mars, But a BJP candidate cant win from Kerala! But I agree the BJP did rule India in a good way when they were In power.

The thing is that, A Leader should not be only measured by his Oratory skills! We have so many orators, what have they done for us?? Speaking in a great and passionate way wont help! ACTION is what we Need. I have been Following Rahul Gandhi for sometime now and He is Good, He has a vision.

Its these freaking Politicians with freaking Oratory skills that has brought In so much misery to our Country. Same goes for Pakistan, Imran Khan is the Solution I feel.

I think modi would come very close to indira gandhi. he can be a good candidtate for PM's post. recently saw even india inc encouraging him.:yahoo:

lets not start all over again.:hitwall:
there just seems to be a consensus of opinion. suffice to say that I dont agree with your "facts". I believe they are exaggarated and fabricated. these stories/rumours are present wherever there is army deployement.:blah:

i am kashmiri
i have family living in both sides of kasmir
i know what goes on in indian occupied kashmir
if u dont believe me then do some research
there are many bbc and other documentaries going on about the genocide in kashmir
just because u ignore the truth doesnt mean its not happening

i am kashmiri
i have family living in both sides of kasmir
i know what goes on in indian occupied kashmir
if u dont believe me then do some research
there are many bbc and other documentaries going on about the genocide in kashmir
just because u ignore the truth doesnt mean its not happening

you being kashmiri is irrelevant.
your personal experiences and opinions shouldnt be binding on others nor are they gospel truths.
those documentaries can be presented here, then we can discuss.

anyway, the basic point I was stressing on is that stop taking the debate back to where it started. if you accuse india, then we accuse pak .....and so on. do you like it that way? or are you interested in some solution?

if you are interested in solution then peace is the way forward not 'mujahideen'.

:cheers:

why dont they have open borders and travel without visa like us
every one will be happy
yeah, including terrorists. for open borders to be feasible, we need to have peace first, stop terrorism. then we can discuss a range of solutions. but violence cant be used as a way forward.

you being kashmiri is irrelevant.
your personal experiences and opinions shouldnt be binding on others nor are they gospel truths.
those documentaries can be presented here, then we can discuss.

anyway, the basic point I was stressing on is that stop taking the debate back to where it started. if you accuse india, then we accuse pak .....and so on. do you like it that way? or are you interested in some solution?

if you are interested in solution then peace is the way forward not 'mujahideen'.

:cheers:

have u ever heard of unrest in the ak?
no
its always the indian held kashmir that is always protesting and trying to gain independence and wants to join ak
because kashmiris arent being massacared in ak
as far as the documentaries are concerned they are posted here
just search them
also the world knows about the continuing genocide in the indian occupied kashmir
search up the news and stop being lazy
even recently the british pm told india to stop their aggresiveness in kashmir

yeah, including terrorists. for such a thing to happen, we need to have peace first, stop terrorism. then we can discuss a range of solutions. but violence cant be used as a way forward.

terrorist? meaning indian forces?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom