What's new

The Future of Kashmir? "Seven" Possible Solutions!

So basically you are saying that to hell with refrendum or will of Kashmiri people because at this moment India is in a better position to exploit this issue in their favour ? :undecided:

Why not refrendum ? If you guys are right then what are you scared of ? Where are your democratic values gone now ?

Let the world know that what does Kashmiris want . You guys may be able to opress Kashmiris of their right now, magar kab tak ?

Gone with Kashmiri Pandits who were forcefully driven out of the Valley....

Politicians, military rulers and 'non-state actors' have complicated this issue to such an extent that it has become too difficult to even think of a plausible solution.

so your point is that if refrendum is done then people of Kashmir will go definitely against India and that you guys dont want to see this happening.

So basically screw Kashmiris ,screw their rights and screw refrendum.

Thanks Lallu, I have got my answer :wave:

btw i wanna tell u,this problem exist in kashmir region only,due to some provoked ppl.btw whole freedom is possible if china,pak,india leaves there portion.which is impossible.so u will have to start first.u have lot of problems bigger than this.

So basically you are saying that to hell with refrendum or will of Kashmiri people because at this moment India is in a better position to exploit this issue in their favour ? :undecided:

Why not refrendum ? If you guys are right then what are you scared of ? Where are your democratic values gone now ?

Let the world know that what does Kashmiris want . You guys may be able to opress Kashmiris of their right now, magar kab tak ?

Let me elaborate my point

first and foremost, I accept, that India has made mistakes when it comes to kashmir. We're all humans, we are not infallible. We made mistakes.

1. We should never have taken it to UNSC
2. We should have given kashmiris full autonomy they were promised at the time of accession to India

Apart from these two we made small mistakes here and here but mostly matters were beyond our control since after 1989, Pakistan involved itself into kashmir by supporting the insurgency etc. (we all know what followed). What GoI did after that was an after effect and not a proactive policy.

We HAD TO deploy army after 1989. There was none earlier

And my dear friend, let's accept it, an army is a very lethal weapon and when employed to control populations or revolts, there are bound to be human rights violations. A case in point being the Pakistan army whose genocide in east pakistan is well documented. (please use google, I could post genuine videos from CBS, NBC etc. but this is not the thread)

So there have been human rights violations. Now after 1989, seperatists also arose and hence became another angle of the problem.

Years went by and things continued like this. Slowly and slowly, people got fed up with all this violence which ruined their lives and what stone pelters you are seeing now are those youth who are disgruntled because all their lives they have seen only violence and bloodshed.

In the meantime, India started becoming economically stronger. This increased our influence in world affairs and now we are heard all over the world.

To cut long story short, there will be two aspects of solution as far as India is concerned.

1. External aspect:- This will be vis a vis Pakistan and for this solution you can refer to my earlier post.

2. Internal aspect:- This will be direct fallout of the external settlement with pakistan. India will grant autonomy (bordering azaadi) and kashmiris will have to be content with the prospects of being associated with a rising star called India.

One very important part which people often don't talk about is the will of the kashmiris is itself very divided.

In short,

Jammu and ladakh don't want to have anything to do with any prospect that alienates them with india. They are integral parts of india in true sense of the word. They will never...never ever agree to leaving India neither for joining pakistan nor for independence.

That leaves us with people in and around kashmir valley. Like I said, they will have to tone down somewhere as will India and Pakistan.

All three, India, Pakistan and Kashmiris of the valley will have to make concessions.

A referendum is not possible for two reasons:

1. It goes directly against our interest.
2. jammu and ladakh wil never...never ever...want to leave India. So a referendum will leave kashmiris divided which they themselves do not want.

"Kisi ko mukammal jahan nahin milta, kisi ko zameen toh kisi ko asmaan nahin milta"

All of us will have to make concessions. That's the only way forward.

Trust me, none of us can go beyond this. So let's move forward. :cheers:

well there are many Kashmiri dissidents living in Western countries who are doing something --and should do more -to highlight the atrocities waged against them

mumbai-like incidents take place then they wonder why somebody would want to do such a thing.....Kashmir will always be a mumbai-like incident except the guns/''laathis'' etc. are in real sissy hands this time

well there are many Kashmiri dissidents living in Western countries who are doing something --and should do more -to highlight the atrocities waged against them

mumbai-like incidents take place then they wonder why somebody would want to do such a thing.....Kashmir will always be a mumbai-like incident except the guns/''laathis'' etc. are in real sissy hands this time
u also mean to say baloch's in the different countries shud protest n do it hard,then y such incidents happen in pakistan except the guns/''laathis'' etc. are in real sissy hands this time.
mr x,just think abt this.can u give freedom.advice is better for others not for self.

Gone with Kashmiri Pandits who were forcefully driven out of the Valley....

A country looking to catch up with the world powers has such a fragile democracy that it will expose itself by the actions of few ?

There is definitely something seriously wrong with Indias democratic values then.

Let people of Kashmir decide what they want. Until when you guys will supress their FREE WILL with bullets . :undecided:

It won't remain so for long. GoI has realised that this is the only possible solution. At one time, Musharraf had also realised this and trust me, we were very close to a solution then.

The new Pak army establishment has taken a harder line as compared to Musharraf. Now, to be frank, India is simply buying time. Once the realisation that dawned upon Mushy, makes its way to the current PA establishment, the issue will be resolved in days. MMS is very very eager to bury this issue before leaving office. Trust me on this!

u also mean to say baloch's in the different countries shud protest n do it hard,then y such incidents happen in pakistan except the guns/''laathis'' etc. are in real sissy hands this time.
mr x,just think abt this.can u give freedom.advice is better for others not for self.

we're talking about Kashmir, a disputed territory.

people like you keep bringing up Baluchistan.

out of things to say it seems, troll? :hang2::lazy:

we're talking about Kashmir, a disputed territory.

people like you keep bringing up Baluchistan.

out of things to say it seems, troll? :hang2::lazy:

kashmir is a disputed territory for pak not for india.it's our integral part.i thought u were intersted in the human right violation, n hard protest,i just showed u.first line gives the answer of any ur queston

A country looking to catch up with the world powers has such a fragile democracy that it will expose itself by the actions of few ?

There is definitely something seriously wrong with Indias democratic values then.

Let people of Kashmir decide what they want. Until when you guys will supress their FREE WILL with bullets . :undecided:

Already you have half the country under free will. Let talibs decide what they want.

In the Indian administered Kashmir area, many Kashmiri people vote and elect their leaders.

FREE WILL is a very loose term. If 'free will' is allowed across the world, there will be too many problems.

Back
Top Bottom