What's new

The Formula1 in India

sam27

Reaction score
indian-gp-track.jpg
YouTube - India Formula 1 Preview!

Paris/New Delhi, Sep 9: The schedule of the longest 2011 Formula 1 racing season unveiled on Wednesday, Sep 8 features Indian Grand Prix for Oct 30, 2011. Yes, that's right, F1 comes to India provided the circuit near New Delhi is ready in time.

In an opportunity that could give a major boost to the country's motor sport sphere, India has been handed over a chance to host its inaugural Formula 1 race in Oct 2011.

The World Motor Sport Council on Wednesday, Sep 8 released the schedule for the 2011 Formula 1 season, which is set to be the longest one in the sport’s history with a total of 20 races.

2005 and 2010 have been the years with the longest seasons so far with 19 races each.

The Indian Grand Prix will be part of this historical season provided the circuit being built near the national capital gets completed and passes the final inspection before the scheduled time - July 2011.

The 2011 season opener will be held at Bahrain on Mar 13, 2011. Brazil will be hosting the final race on Nov 27, 2011.

Here is the 2011 International Automobile Federation (FIA) Formula 1 World Championship calendar:

March 13, 2011 - Bahrain
March 27, 2011 - Australia
April 10, 2011 - Malaysia
April 17, 2011 - China
May 8, 2011 - Turkey
May 22, 2011 - Spain
May 29, 2011 - Monaco
June 12, 2011 - Canada
June 26, 2011 - Europe
July 10, 2011 - Great Britain
July 24, 2011 - Germany
July 31, 2011 - Hungary
August 28, 2011 - Belgium
September 11, 2011 - Italy
September 25, 2011 - Singapore
October 9, 2011 - Japan
October 16, 2011 - Korea
October 30, 2011 - India (Subject to the homologation of the circuit)
November 13, 2011 - Abu Dhabi

First Delhi GP is in 2011, isn't it? Then the racetrack must be close to completion now, if not completely finished. Can't wait to see what Force India does in India. You never know, despite being a die-hard supporter of Filippe Massa and Ferrari, I might be cheering for Force India for that race.

InshaAllah, I will be at the Canadian GP in Montreal in 2011 and Abu Dhabi GP in 2012. Look out for a fat guy with a Pakistani flag, that'll be me.
what is the difference between F1 and A1?
AFAIK, there is no more A1GP. The idea was a flop from the start. F1 is the top-tier open-wheel racing league in the world.

this place is out of this world.

the amount of facilities in sports cities and the speed of construction, you just cant believe these are same Indian worker who couldn't finish a damn commonwealth game on time.

they are working so fast, the work pace is if not better than atleast at pace of dubai construction sites.

if only they could have handled the national sporting occasions.

the roads , the landscaping, the signage, the construction is top notch, it doesn't look like same noida we see at atta market.

wats the status of its structure presently??
any pics??,2011 july is dead line

went there recently and its friggin far away from south delhi, but man was i shocked, just see it to belive it, i was there to find out about some residential project, they have evry damn thing stadiums , pools , indoor stadiums, f1 circuit is going guns blazing , its a private project so there wont be no delay since jaypee will have to provide round 100 million $ if the project is delayed and not up to mark - since they will have to shift it to new destination.

Bring Narain Kartikeyan Back .... He is an Ace driver....

Back
Top Bottom