What's new

The financing of PAK DA project has already been started

Arzamas 16

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
pakda226.jpg

The financing of PAK DA (Russian next-generation strategic bomber) project has already been started; it will be a part of the new State Arms Program for 2016-2025, Director of Department of Aviation Industry of Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade, Andrey Boginsky, said at Singapore Airshow 2014, RIA Novosti reports.

The contract for development of PAK DA between the Ministry of Defense and an enterprise was signed in December 2013.

"The financing of the project has already been started; it will be a part of the new State Arms Program for 2016-2025", — Boginsky said. At present Russia’s long-range aviation operates Tu-160 and Tu-95 strategic bombers.

The financing of PAK DA project has already been started - News - Russian Aviation - RUAVIATION.COM

ПАК ДА

Of course it will only be used for peaceful purposes:D

Huh, finally making an equivalent to the US B-2 spirit, I see. Good job.

I don't know why people keep posting that picture when it has already been confirmed by Tupolev and VVS generals that PAK DA is will be a flying wing design.

Last edited:
Huh, finally making an equivalent to the US B-2 spirit, I see. Good job.

It would be waste of time and money not to mention pointless in trying to match an 40 year old American design, the goal is to make an aircraft roughly equivalent to the Long-range strike program in the US.

But in keeping with a time honored Russian tradition, PAK DA will most likely be the biggest flying wing aircraft ever built:-)

Last edited:
It would be waste of time and money not to mention pointless in trying to match an 40 year old American design, the goal is to make an aircraft roughly equivalent to the Long-range strike program in the US.

But in keeping with a time honored Russian tradition, PAK DA will most likely be the biggest flying wing aircraft ever built:-)
I didn't say match, I said equivalent, as in the same category. Whatever you want to call it, the fact is that Russia doesn't currently have an equivalent aircraft to the spirit, and if they do, please let me know. This will probably be more advanced, but it'll still fit in the same category.

Back
Top Bottom