What's new

The film ‘Javed Iqbal’, which was banned in Pakistan, got two awards in UK

muhammadhafeezmalik

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
1652851927250.png

Pakistani film ‘Javed Iqbal: The Untold Story of a Serial Color’ has won two awards at the British Asian Festival.
According to the report, Javed Iqbal, a film based on the real life story of the most infamous serial killer of Lahore in the 90’s, won the award for best director at the UK Film Festival despite being banned in Pakistan.

Yasir Hussain won the Best Actor award at the UK Film Festival for his lead role in the film, while the writer and director of the crime thriller Abu Aliha won the Best Director award.
According to the report, Javed Iqbal’s rating on the Internet Movie Database is 8.4 out of 10.

The film’s director and writer wrote in a tweet on Sunday night that “then at the Asian UK Film Festival, Yasir Hussain won the Best Actor award for Javed Iqbal and Abu Aliha won the Best Director award.”
He added that these are the first awards for the film and it will be screened at every prestigious festival in the world.

Actor Yasir Hussain, who played the role of Javed Iqbal in the film at the festival, said, “A man came to me eight years ago, I forgot his name. He brought me a script called Javed Iqbal and he wanted to make a documentary drama and I agreed to it. The actor said, “Then he disappeared.

Then two or three years later another producer came up with the script of Javed Iqbal and he wanted to make a web series on it. I reassured him and then he disappeared. ‘
Yasir Hussain said, “Then for the third time Abu Aliha came to me with an excellent script. I agreed and we made this film.

Actress Ayesha Omar has played the role of a police officer in the film made on Pakistani serial color and she too is happy with the success of this film. The actress shared a screenshot of ‘Internet Movie Database’ on Instagram where the film’s The rating is 8.4 out of 10.

1652851571191.png

The actress wrote in her post, “So far only a few thousand people have seen the film as it is awaiting permission from the Pakistani government for its release and it was just released as a film at the opening ceremony of the UK Asian Film Festival. Is.’

It may be recalled that the film was supposed to be released in January this year but only two days before its release it was banned by the Punjab government after which the screening of the film was postponed.
It should be noted that Javed Iqbal, a resident of Lahore, is named as the brutal killer of 100 children. According to the then newspapers and Javed Iqbal’s own confession, he had raped and killed about 100 children between 1998 and 1999.

Last edited:
View attachment 845054

Pakistani film ‘Javed Iqbal: The Untold Story of a Serial Color’ has won two awards at the British Asian Festival.
According to the report, Javed Iqbal, a film based on the real life story of the most infamous serial killer of Lahore in the 90’s, won the award for best director at the UK Film Festival despite being banned in Pakistan.

Yasir Hussain won the Best Actor award at the UK Film Festival for his lead role in the film, while the writer and director of the crime thriller Abu Aliha won the Best Director award.
According to the report, Javed Iqbal’s rating on the Internet Movie Database is 8.4 out of 10.

The film’s director and writer wrote in a tweet on Sunday night that “then at the Asian UK Film Festival, Yasir Hussain won the Best Actor award for Javed Iqbal and Abu Aliha won the Best Director award.”
He added that these are the first awards for the film and it will be screened at every prestigious festival in the world.

Actor Yasir Hussain, who played the role of Javed Iqbal in the film at the festival, said, “A man came to me eight years ago, I forgot his name. He brought me a script called Javed Iqbal and he wanted to make a documentary drama and I agreed to it. The actor said, “Then he disappeared.

Then two or three years later another producer came up with the script of Javed Iqbal and he wanted to make a web series on it. I reassured him and then he disappeared. ‘
Yasir Hussain said, “Then for the third time Abu Aliha came to me with an excellent script. I agreed and we made this film.

Actress Ayesha Omar has played the role of a police officer in the film made on Pakistani serial color and she too is happy with the success of this film. The actress shared a screenshot of ‘Internet Movie Database’ on Instagram where the film’s The rating is 8.4 out of 10.

View attachment 845052

The actress wrote in her post, “So far only a few thousand people have seen the film as it is awaiting permission from the Pakistani government for its release and it was just released as a film at the opening ceremony of the UK Asian Film Festival. Is.’

It may be recalled that the film was supposed to be released in January this year but only two days before its release it was banned by the Punjab government after which the screening of the film was postponed.
It should be noted that Javed Iqbal, a resident of Lahore, is named as the brutal killer of 100 children. According to the then newspapers and Javed Iqbal’s own confession, he had raped and killed about 100 children between 1998 and 1999.

These types of films on Pakistan society even won oscars.

Anything anti-Muslim or anti-Pakistan movie/literature gets awards in the West.

Why are we surprised?

But we are also to blame. Why make such stupid movies in the first place.

Make movies based on culture and good traditional values.

Western media is all slutty and vulgar, same with Bollywood.

View attachment 845054

View attachment 845052

criminals like javed are still moving in the society these predators should be exposed like this film is making aware of criminals who are pedophiles .

we seek validation of the western countries in every field. mental slavery.

Why are we surprised?

Life is not hunky dory and full of roses. Serial killers and child molesters exists in our society.

The guy killed 100 children in Lahore. Bringing light to it will bring awareness to the problem. Hiding and banning it serves no purpose. What is so anti-Pakistan here?

Life is not hunky dory and full of roses. Serial killers and child molesters exists in our society.

The guy killed 100 children in Lahore. Bringing light to it will bring awareness to the problem. Hiding and banning it serves no purpose. What is so anti-Pakistan here?
Yes but social problems like in the West like fornication, adultery, alcoholism, bastardry, is more common in their societies than in our Muslim societies.

I'm not saying there is no crime in our societies, but it is much less.

Yes but social problems like in the West like fornication, adultery, alcoholism, bastardry, is more common in their societies than in our Muslim societies.

I'm not saying there is no crime in our societies, but it is much less.

He killed 100 children. Should we hide that or bring light to it so that others can be saved if possible from such animals?

This has nothing to do with fornication , alcoholism.

These types of films on Pakistan society even won oscars.
Accha, and what is your argument here? Did it not happen in Pakistan? Or you like to think youre so perfect and nothing wrong ever happens in our society. Stop being so self centred, no body gives two hoots about us if not for our location. Besides we dont need others to do anything if we have people with your way of thinking.

Movie is about just a criminal pedophile,
If you check Hollywood, there hundreds of movies, are based on rapist, serial killers and even on mental illness.

this movie seems good, if any one look on trailer.
Indeed it is a good movie, I am hoping they can get an OTT to pick it up. But the shutumugh society of Pakistan does not like reality.

West left no shame. It shows the Muslim countries are not up to mark
Ahan, and name one which is up to "MARK", Koi haal nahi hai tum logon ka.

Why are we surprised?

What is your argument here exactly, you're going on a tangent. Just answer this

Was Javeid Iqbal not a Pakistani?

Did he not raped and murdered young boys in Lahore?

Did he not operate for years and years in Lahore?

Was Pakistani police capable of arresting him?

Was he not arrested only after he decided to give an interview at a newspaper?

Was he not killed in Jail along with one of his partners, instead of hanging at the gallows?

So you are complaining because...

Why are we surprised?

How this movie is anti-Muslim or anti-Pakistan??
The movie will create hatred about characters like Javed Iqbal, fear of police before committing such crimes and will provide awareness for the parents to look-after their children.
Placing dirt under the carpet is not the solution.

All the brain dead censors ban the good movies and we are then left with third rate Bollywood rip offs.

Then they ask why doesn’t anyone watch and support local movies.

Jawani Phir Nahin Aani is good enough for remakes but Javed iqbal should be banned!!

Back
Top Bottom