What's new

The F-35 is so stealthy, it produced training challenges, pilot says

JSOW-ER and SOM would easily destroy these radars.

SOM_cruise_missile_mockup_on_MSPO_2014.jpeg

Let's make a tiny correction.

SOM-J is for F-35 not the Original SOM.

1216009_4b27b70d2ce3bea963175a28557529d3_640x640.jpg

@gambit while we are on it, can you elaborate what kind of a missile is this ? We saw this footage months ago but still couldn't specify the missile.

Notice the sharp turn of the missile.
page-2

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading the headline of the thread only , for a second I thought the pilots couldn't find the aircraft itself to be able to fly it in all that stealth

Reading the headline of the thread only , for a second I thought the pilots couldn't find the aircraft itself to be able to fly it in all that stealth

I was thinking of the exact same one, as one of a series of corny "Yo motha so phat" jokes.

anyone who thinks a war between the U.S and China is even remotely possible must be lacking in a lot of areas.
A war ? Probably not. But a few skirmishes ? Very possible.

Both sides have much to lose in a war, China more so. But with a few skirmishes in the SCS, any losses would give each side a taste of the other's capability, just enough and withdraw. The PLA needs combat experience and the Chinese leadership will not hesitate to sacrifice a few sailors to gain what little battlefield experience against the Americans. China will fire the first shot. The US will not back down. Then China will lose. China places a higher value on 'face' than the US does. Without a withdrawal, China risks losing more than just face.

George Orwell said: 'If thought corrupt language, then language can also corrupt thought.'

China have the advantage in that the Chinese government controls what the people can access. Not entirely, but just comprehensive enough that the government's language about the SCS will allow the government to save its face.

stealth doesn't mean invisible and the U.S just doesn't rely on stealth it's a whole damn machine to take down the enemy like SEADs
I have never said 'stealth' is 'invisible'. In fact, many people over the yrs have been surprised that I declared that radar can detect the F-22 and its brothers. The issue is how close is that detection. Usually too close to make any difference.

No, we do not rely solely on 'stealth'. But what we use, the Chinese will find out the hard way.

Back
Top Bottom