What's new

The day nothing happened - 1965 Indo-Pakistan war

Funny thing is same people laughs their a** off when ajai shukla article doesn't suit them.

The day when nothing happened- nice title.....Sure w were recovering from the china war faught 3 yrs back...and clearly PAF backed by USA was better equiped and trained. We got to accept that .

On side note the last 15 days or so in Pakistan can be called" the days that Pakistan stood still"
Sure, why not? It's not like Pakistanis will deny it, but this has nothing to do with Pakistan's political situation, and more to do with IAF's military history.

Sure, why not? It's not like Pakistanis will deny it, but this has nothing to do with Pakistan's political situation, and more to do with IAF's military history.
This commemoration is not for any glorious deed, but 1965 has certain importance for IAF. In words of Shiv Aroor (livefist), IAF 'came of age'. The lesson learnt helped extensively in 71'.

Besides, regardless of results, commemorating the veterans is commendable.

Shukla ji phir se dawai lena bhool gaye or yeh blog Likh diya :rolleyes:

MBI Munshi said:
Pakistani commandoes were airdropped around Indian air bases to launch attacks on the ground. Fortunately, the villagers around Pathankote, Halwara and Adampur captured scores of disoriented commandoes, who had little idea of what to do after reaching the ground.

Source: The day nothing happened - 1965 Indo-Pakistan war

After that disaster; the SSG was even disbanded........ and re-raised much later.
Nope, no one is disbanded.

Instead of saying something stupid like that, can you dispute the article with evidence?
i am not
Folland_gnat_xr991_sideview_arp.jpg
disputing the article as a whole, my point is simply that sabres equipped with sidewinder missiles couldnt have been inferior to the IAF gnats.

Alongside the PAF air strikes, Pakistani commandoes were airdropped around Indian air bases to launch attacks on the ground. Fortunately, the villagers around Pathankote, Halwara and Adampur captured scores of disoriented commandoes, who had little idea of what to do after reaching the ground.
Captured by villagers? Disoriented troops who knew nothing to do? The Pakistani commandoes were competent - and not boy scouts. :mad:

There are captured Pak aircraft and tanks on display all over the country.

The rest of the OP's post contains no reference. Quoting references to rebut them is a complete waste of time. If someone considers Pakistan won the War - Congrats to them. :tup: Only in that case the debacle at Asal Uttar (just for example) would have never happened... but anyway, believe what you wish to. The author does.

And @MBI Munshi - please mention your priceless book for the benefit of out progeny.

i am not
Folland_gnat_xr991_sideview_arp.jpg
disputing the article as a whole, my point is simply that sabres equipped with sidewinder missiles couldnt have been inferior to the IAF gnats.

AAAA DUDE!! :P I think ur forgetting something remember what happened to this funny looking fighter of urs ? LOL ,Dude!! that Pilot of urs named Brij Pal Singh Sikand was the Flight Commander of IAF Gnat Squadron LOL :dance3::pakistan:
f86_gnat.jpg

Last edited:
I have personally taken a piece of loose wire which was hanging from a PAF plane on display in Kalaikunda air base when I was a kid, it was captured during one of the wars . True story.

What memory ? Indians care today about the Japan-India tour of Modi. Keep these memories within Pakistan for glory or for shame.
Thats our War Trophy they are forgetting something :D :pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom