What's new

The Conflict in Syria as it Relates to Turkey | Updates & Discussions

Turkmans shoot down a Russian helicopter with RPG at Turkman Mountain.

Bro I have to log in, don't have facebook.

Not sure if they're Turkmens, one of the FSA brigades that are TOW recipients via the CIA program said they downed one MI-8 during search and rescue with a TOW missile. The guy claiming it is famously known ''Hamza'' and has over a dozen videos on youtube.

This is a very interesting turn of events...I wonder what Russian response on the ground will be? Any ideas ?

I wrote yesteday night, that a "Thunderstorm" is coming. We can beat Russia on all conventional war fields !

[TR]AHMET

Russina CSAR forced mostly captured with the Pilot

No fak, a russian chopper hit ahahaha...

FSA guys hit one landing MI-8 with a TOW missile and used a TOW (or different ATGM) targeting two/three fully loaded (including fuel) L-39's that burned down at Mezzeh airport in Aleppo.

Edit; video of TOW hitting landed MI-8, it was reported it landed on a mountain after taking damage by pro-government twitter accounts;

It is said that they MI-8 carried Russian CSAR Forces.
L-39 are used as CC aircraft from Russia.

Oslo Pecae Institute : PUTIN is responsible for the escalation. Turkey had the right to protect his boarders. Putin risks his good Relations with Turkey and his allies. An covert occupation of Syria, as in Ukraine will not be accepted.

US warned France not to ally with Russia and Forget the sanctions cause of occupation in Ukraine.

@Yenikuyu

It is said that they MI-8 carried Russian CSAR Forces.
L-39 are used as CC aircraft from Russia.

Oslo Pecae Institute : PUTIN is responsible for the escalation. Turkey had the right to protect his boarders. Putin risks his good Relations with Turkey and his allies. An covert occupation of Syria, as in Ukraine will not be accepted.

US warned France not to ally with Russia and Forget the sanctions cause of occupation in Ukraine.

@Yenikuyu

Yeah bro, they used L-39 very extensively as it was a cheap CAS plane for them until threat of manpads increased.
The ones hit in Aleppo even went through a full re-haul.

Oryx Blog: The SyAAF: L-39s over Deir ez-Zor

If we had it my way I'd send the third army to capture the Turkmen mountain and fully annex the surrounding area.

I'm still confused about the Russian pilots. Are they KIA?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom