What's new

The Concept of the Pan-Malay Union: A discussion

What does a Malay name look like ? Can you give me an example ? Advanced Thanks.

I had thought that Islam was wide practiced in the states of Sarawak and Sabah. Is this not true ? Please clarify.

not really, peoples in Indonesia and Malaysian side in Kalimantan/Borneo they call it largely still hold their ancient ritual deeply. Although they registered as a Muslim or Christian but is just for convenient stuff in administration and so on, not really they interested for the religion

not really, peoples in Indonesia and Malaysian side in Kalimantan/Borneo they call it largely still hold their ancient ritual deeply. Although they registered as a Muslim or Christian but is just for convenient stuff in administration and so on, not really they interested for the religion

Thank you, ma'am. :)

I can't verify this, but I do know they are regular church goers for those Sarawak natives. I know them, mostly through those drafted into army station in peninsular Malaysia. So about administration register other religion for sake of convenience is a quite a surprise to me. They were easier target to convert than the Malays. One thing for sure, you can't simply register yourself as a Muslim. Force child conversion, and dead body snatching by the shariah law is no laughing matter.

I can't verify this, but I do know they are regular church goers for those Sarawak natives. I know them, mostly through those drafted into army station in peninsular Malaysia. So about administration register other religion for sake of convenience is a quite a surprise to me. They were easier target to convert than the Malays. One thing for sure, you can't simply register yourself as a Muslim. Force child conversion, and dead body snatching by the shariah law is no laughing matter.

That's for Indonesian cases, in which we only regulated the administrative regulation for only six denominations in which has been acknowledge by the States (Islam, Christian, Hindhu, Buddha, Catholic and Kong Hu Chu)

That's for Indonesian cases, in which we only regulated the administrative regulation for only six denominations in which has been acknowledge by the States (Islam, Christian, Hindhu, Buddha, Catholic and Kong Hu Chu)
LOL, you surpise me. Indonesia very liberal, you guys even have Christian talk show while Malaysia is now clamping down on Bible and the word 'Allah'.

what has happened cannot be undone now since the descendents of the first Chinese immigrants into Malaya , as well as those of India/ South Asia call Malaysia as their home

But they keep themselves aloof and consider themselves superior to the native Malays.

. I do hope that within time, the Malaysian Government can eventually remove the Bumiputra and focus on not just a Malay identity, but on a 'Malaysian' identity.

As long as minority elites continue to engage in ethnic nepotism, the government needs to step in and balance it out. The financial sector in Malaysia is almost entirely staffed by Chinese. The IT sector is run by Indians. It's so bad that Indians and Chinese bosses import IT workers from India rather than hire local Malays.

This discrimination is rationalized using racist stereotypes that Malays are lazy and unqualified.

The amount of racism from the Indian and Chinese elite in Malaysia towards the local Malays is unbelievably strong.

Last edited:
As long as minority elites continue to engage in ethnic nepotism, the government needs to step in and balance it out. The financial sector in Malaysia is almost entirely staffed by Chinese. The IT sector is run by Indians. It's so bad that Indians and Chinese bosses import IT workers from India rather than hire local Malays.

I never heard of such thing. Chinese are the most selfmade prosperous community in Malaysia while Indians are poorest of them and Bumiputera laws is exclusive for Malayas and serve Malayas only.

I never heard of such thing. Chinese are the most selfmade prosperous community in Malaysia while Indians are poorest of them and Bumiputera laws is exclusive for Malayas and serve Malayas only.

Yes, Chinese work hard -- no one denies that -- but it is also true that they engage in rampant ethnic nepotism.

Just as Indians work hard, and also engage in rampant ethnic nepotism. Just look at Africa for examples.

Why do you think the Indian IT companies thrive in the West, but don't succeed in China, Vietnam, etc?

It's because Western whites are stupid enough to let the Indians get away with rampant ethnic nepotism in IT -- giving high paying 21st century technology jobs to barely-qualified Indian imports while their own citizens clean toilets -- but there's no way the Chinese will allow the Indians to do that in China.

Last edited:
Yes, Chinese work hard -- no one denies that -- but it is also true that they engage in rampant ethnic nepotism.

Just as Indians work hard, and also engage in rampant ethnic nepotism. Just look at Africa for examples.

Why do you think the Indian IT companies thrive in the West, but don't succeed in China, Vietnam, etc?

It's because Western whites are stupid enough to let the Indians get away with rampant ethnic nepotism in IT, but there's no way the Chinese will allow the Indians to do that in China.

I am not surprised at all to see your blindly supporting the institutionalized discrimination in Malaysia only because of one obvious reason, no need to mention it. So, no surprise why blaming the discriminated people. :wacko:

Yes, do you have any idea about the disparity in the per capita income of western countries vs China and Vietnam, and thus western countries can save lots of money by hiring Indian companies, Indian IT industry also gets clients in Singapore(Chinese majority country) because of high labor cost. How, I am very much impressed by imagination power. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Whatever migration or territorial changes happened during colonial era, most of the countries now live with it, there is no need to discriminate against the section of the population because of their foreign ancestry.

It's because Western whites are stupid enough to let the Indians get away with rampant ethnic nepotism in IT -- giving high paying 21st century technology jobs to barely-qualified Indian imports while their own citizens clean toilets -- but there's no way the Chinese will allow the Indians to do that in China.

Dude, West don't send their children to call centre for a living !!

Yes, do you have any idea about the disparity in the per capita income of western countries vs China and Vietnam, and thus western countries can save lots of money by hiring Indian companies, Indian IT industry also gets clients in Singapore(Chinese majority country) because of high labor cost. How, I am very much impressed by imagination power. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

The issue is whether there are lower-wage people willing to take the IT jobs which are given to barely-qualified Indian imports.

That is true in many Western countries. In Singapore, by contrast, there are very few poor Chinese.

Whatever migration or territorial changes happened during colonial era, most of the countries now live with it, there is no need to discriminate against the section of the population because of their foreign ancestry.

Wrong again.

Most Anglophone countries have affirmative action policies to help the victims of colonialism overcome discrimination by those who benefited from colonialism.

This is exactly what the Malaysian policy implements.

I invite the Indonesian, Malaysian, Indonesia, Bruneians to this thread. This is a question to all of you , dear ladies and gentlemen, is there a concept of Pan-Malay Union in your societies?

Is there a movement that calls for the union of all Malay nations into one ?

I do know, from my readings of Indonesian history, that there was a concept of 'Melayu Raya', or 'Greater Malaya', which was espoused by early leaders such as Muhammand Yammin during the 1920s. In the Philippines, Dr. Jose Rizal also espoused of a Malay Brotherhood. So there is that historical premise.

Malay and Indone differ from words themselves.
In Indonesia, they have Malay ethnics and Malays are not majority.
In Malaysia , you have huge Malay population prior to the event of British bringing in minorities like Chinese and Indians to the Malay Peninsular.

As to why Western explorers of the past name generalize the whole continent as Malay Archipelago is not known, possibly due to facial similarities perhaps

Many of the middle- to low-end jobs in IT pay well enough, and the Indians who fill those roles are so utterly clueless, anyone with six months' training can replace them.

I have worked with people from IBM India -- IBM, not kidding! -- who did not know the most basic things about IT. Stuff you learn in the first month in your first yer at university.

There people were wife, cousin, etc. of someone who worked at IBM. Even fruit vendors who knew someone at IBM. No kidding!

The issue is whether there are lower-wage people willing to take the IT jobs which are given to barely-qualified Indian imports.
That is true in many Western countries. In Singapore, by contrast, there are very few poor Chinese.

You compared China/Vietnam with Western countries. My first question is can a Vietnamese or Chinese company can make cost saving by allowing Indian companies by outsourcing it to India just like Western countries do :wacko: Even China will need few centuries to match the per capita income of Western countries. Indians dominate in IT Industry because of cheap labor cost and proficiency in English language while other parts of Asia aren't that proficient in English except Philippines.

Wrong again.

Most Anglophone countries have affirmative action policies to help the victims of colonialism overcome discrimination by those who benefited from colonialism.

The exact same thing is happening in Malaysia.

Yes, the native and migrants all were discriminated by White Europeans like blacks in Americas and they have such policies for benefits of natives and migrants they brought to serve them. As I told you Indians are the poorest among all ethnic groups of Malaysia just like black are in America. thus You comparison is full of stupidity.

They do it for cost saving and even ready to accommodate Indian accent for cost saving. BTW its not just confined to call centre but also outsource their software development while keep marketing with themselves. It is mostly the low labor cost and English proficiency that Indians dominate the sector.

You compared China/Vietnam with Western countries. My first question is can a Vietnamese or Chinese company can make cost saving by allowing Indian companies by outsourcing it to India just like Western countries do :wacko: Even China will need few centuries to match the per capita income of Western countries.

China's per-capita is 4x that of India. That's plenty of room for savings.

Indians dominate in IT Industry because of cheap labor cost and proficiency in English language while other parts of Asia aren't that proficient in English except Philippines.

India's English and technology advantages are exaggerated. Other countries like Vietnam and Philippines, can do the job just fine. Many Australian companies prefer Vietnam and Philippines as a destination now.

Anyway, getting off-topic.

Yes, the native and migrants all were discriminated by White Europeans like blacks in Americas and they have such policies for benefits of natives and migrants they brought to serve them. As I told you Indians are the poorest among all ethnic groups of Malaysia just like black are in America. thus You comparison is full of stupidity.

The Indians to which I was referring in Malaysia were the IT companies. I don't know if they are indigenous or India-based.

The dominant ethnic minority in Malaysia is Chinese.
That dominance is mirrored by Indians in Africa.

Both these minorities worked hard, but it is also true that they engage in ethnic nepotism and hold themselves aloof from the majority natives.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom