What's new

The Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2011—-debarring Pakistan and Bangladesh

There is nothing wrong in this rule...This for Indian , by Indian.

It the exclusionary definition of Indian that is the problem .... It extends to great grandparents of Bangladeshi or Pakistani origin. Only these two countries are specified. Partition happened more than 60 years ago and 1971 more than 40 years ago. This obviously has something to do with the situation in West Bengal and the Seven Sisters which is not a concern for Pakistan .... The problem as I see it is that Indians are allowed to obtain various benefits in Bangladesh and are not specifically identified for exclusion from benefits ..... My point is if India can do this then so can Bangladesh.

That Bangladesh does not have a similar system excluding Indians from voting and getting other special treatment.
Did we ever demanded you to implement this system.Voting and other rights are for Indian citizens only.

PIO means person of indian origin...it allows 2nd / 3rd generation indian origin people from all over the world to connect with india..
i dont think any indian will be running after a similar card issued by pakistani or bd govt.

no PIO can vote... voting is for indians only.. not even NRIs I think... why should a PIO be eligible to vote in india when he does not live in india.
NRI with a valid Indian passport can vote :)

It the exclusionary definition of Indian that is the problem .... It extends to great grandparents of Bangladeshi or Pakistani origin. Only these two countries are specified.

No Need of Bangladeshi or Pakistani origin here in India ... Just Live in your country.

It the exclusionary definition of Indian that is the problem .... It extends to great grandparents of Bangladeshi or Pakistani origin.
:woot:
Indian nationality law largely follows the jus sanguinis (citizenship by right of blood) as opposed to the jus soli (citizenship by right of birth within the territory)
Article 9 of Indian Constitution says that a person who voluntarily acquires citizenship of any other country is no longer an Indian citizen.

LOL! the grandparent acquired citizenship of other countries when they moved to Pakistan and thus they are not citizens of India.

Why are Bangladeshis crying horse sh!t about the defination of Indian are you bored of your Bangladeshi indentity :undecided:

There are 5 lakhs Indians working in Bangladesh but we do not have such a discriminatory system against them.

The problem is with their children who may automatically acquire citizenship of both countries. If Bangladesh were to pass a similar law to India then this would be stopped and these Indians would no longer be allowed to vote here or have any other rights associated with citizenship.

Okay, your concern is valid. But are you sure you are talking of the same thing as the issue in this article?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom