What's new

The chinese look down on india

I'm sure you meant regional power. China never had much influence beyond her local hood. They actually have more international clout now than any time in her history.

Regional power is correct.

They actually have more international clout now than any time in her history.

Don't agree with this part.

According to the Financial Times and the Economist, China made up around 30-40% of global GDP for more than a thousand years.

So in relative terms, we definitely had more clout back in historical times. Nowadays we make up only about 11% of global GDP which is very crap for a country of our population size.

Regional power is correct.

Don't agree with this part.

According to the Financial Times and the Economist, China made up around 30-40% of global GDP for more than a thousand years.

So in relative terms, we definitely had more clout back in historical times. Nowadays we make up only about 11% of global GDP which is very crap for a country of our population size.
When I say clout I mean external influence. Most of China's GDP in those days was internal trade. There may have been more Chinese swapping goods between each other, Rome's networks were more broad....and influenced external peoples more.

When I say clout I mean external influence. Most of that GDP in those days was internal trade. There may have been more Chinese swapping goods between each other, Rome's networks were more broad....and influenced external peoples more.

It's hard to say really. If you mean "widespread" external influence than maybe you could say China is doing well today compared to the past. But if talking about the "degree" of influence then maybe not.

For example, during our strongest Dynasties, most of the countries in our region agreed to be "vassal" states to us.

Nowadays, even countries like North Korea tell us to p*ss off, like when we told them to get back into the six-party talks.

As for the Roman Empire they definitely had a lot of external influence, almost to the point of being classified as a superpower, even in modern terms.

I agree. China's influence now is more wide-spread....which is what I am talking about, but yes, back in the day her local influence was far more pervasive....and overwhelming in the region.

It's hard to say really. If you mean "widespread" external influence than maybe you could say China is doing well today compared to the past. But if talking about the "degree" of influence then maybe not.

For example, during our strongest Dynasties, most of the countries in our region agreed to be "vassal" states to us.

Nowadays, even countries like North Korea tell us to p*ss off, like when we told them to get back into the six-party talks.

As for the Roman Empire they definitely had a lot of external influence, almost to the point of being classified as a superpower, even in modern terms.

A lot of people think that, but the fact of the matter is this, China is being penalized for being too big. The Spring/Autumn period had about a hundred states and more before the start of Warring states.

We spread our influence in South Asia, sent people to Africa, Russia, and Japan. The reason Rome is seen as more influential is largely because it divided into many different countries, while Modern China is actually bigger than previous Dynasties, except Qing at it's height.

A lot of people think that, but the fact of the matter is this, China is being penalized for being too big. The Spring/Autumn period had about a hundred states and more before the start of Warring states.

We spread our influence in South Asia, sent people to Africa, Russia, and Japan. The reason Rome is seen as more influential is largely because it divided into many different countries, while Modern China is actually bigger than previous Dynasties, except Qing at it's height.
And because China was ethnically more hegemonous, it doesn't count as external influence. Such as if most in the Roman Empire were Latin peoples.

wow, the chola incident is something I didn't even know about. Thanks for sharing

The reason many of us dont know about Chola Incident because we don't chant it five times a day.

@Topic
RIP dear logic

Last edited by a moderator:
@Chinese-Dragon
Thanks for a nice discussion. A good intellectual break from the usual psycho-rants I trade with the Chinese members.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Chinese are an incredibly racist lot. We Indians are also. In fact, all of Asia hates each other and are all under the belief that they are the best.

That's because no one else in the world knows about made up imaginary 'wars' by Indians to soothe their bruised ego after 1962. They cannot defeat us in a real war so they make up 'wars' and pretend to win them :lol:
LMAO this war was so imaginary that China had too release statistics on the amount of soldiers it lost. :omghaha:
Do you think 80,000 vs 10,000 is real war? HAHA Chinese IQ in action.:coffee:

Now do we also need to care about how China looks at us? Silly!!

The Chinese are an incredibly racist lot. We Indians are also. In fact, all of Asia hates each other and are all under the belief that they are the best.

We don't believe we are the best, we damn well know we are the best.

It's not only our destiny to rule this world, it's our damn birthright!

We don't believe we are the best, we damn well know we are the best.

It's not only our destiny to rule this world, it's our damn birthright!

You are just hot air!!.. and that's all you are.
'Rule the world' ..LMAO...your govt does not even think, your people have enough brains to rule your own country..how can ever rule world!!??

Back
Top Bottom