What's new

The Chamalang Coal Reserves, Luni & Marri Tribes and Pakistan Army

brilTek

Reaction score
An ISPR documentary

The Chamalang coal reserves were first discovered in 1885 during British rule. In spite of prosperity a bloody war started between the Pashtoon Luni and Marri tribes. Finally Pakistan Army intervened. This was a journey of sacrifices, jawans and officers of Pakistan Army lost their limbs, their lives but were determined to bring these people out of darkness.

This documentary is a slap on the terrorists group BLA.

Pakistan Army Zindabaad
:pakistan:

Last edited by a moderator:
About Chamalang

Chamalang mountain range is situated about 40-45 KMs north of Kohlu in tehsil Duki of Balochistan province. The reserves are spread over at an area of 7x60 KMs.

View attachment 3f9cf9f7f5183661326bf8a6426ebf4e.jpg

The Chamalang coal mines due to fine quality of coal and its availability close to surface has the potential to generate significant economy activities in the area including employment capacity, revenue generation to the stakeholders and the government.

It is believed that the coal mining activities would benefit people of the area and would ensure peaceful/friendly environment for development, thereby enhancing the public confidence people friendly policies of the federal and provincial governments.

It has been learnt that the project will generate employment for approximately minimum of 10,000 and maximum of 40,000 individuals.

Has the production capacity of initially about 6000 tons per day once only two companies will start excavation. However on its full operational sation, excavation of approximately 25,000 tons coal worth Rs. 100 million per day is expected.. The coal was being explored 500 feet below the surface in the Sorenj and Digari coalfields while the fine quality of coal would be available even from less than 20 feet depth in Chamalang coalfield.

Good news and i pray everything goes good now on amin and i hope balochi people get close to rest of the states amin

MOha

It's sad but not all the gold, copper, iron or coal, or oil or gas, will help the balouchi -- Lives of dignity cannot coexist with tribal sardars, with tribes and attitudes about education that can only lead to ignorance and despair.

With such social structures and attitudes, with all the riches of the world, the best the Balouch can hope to aspire to is to live as if Arabs, a make believe life, with a thin veneer of prosperity underpinned by social and cultural attitudes of a time gone by and with no chance of succeeding in the real life.

y cann't ppl of our country differentiate between pashtoons n balochs, balochistan is not the home of only baloch's almost 40% is owned by the pashtoons, n chamalang is the sole property of Luni tribe (pashtoon). y r we ignored every time .....?????????

y cann't ppl of our country differentiate between pashtoons n balochs, balochistan is not the home of only baloch's almost 40% is owned by the pashtoons, n chamalang is the sole property of Luni tribe (pashtoon). y r we ignored every time .....?????????

why cant WE all just be proud PAKISTANIS?????
is it really too much to ask?
and that goes for me too 'cause even sometimes i talk like that!

My Dad sells coal to Brick makers. Chamalang Coal is, by far, the best quality coal in Pakistan. My Father has also worked in Pakistan Steel Mills and according to him, with a little bit of modification, the Chamalang coal can be used in Steel Mill.

I don't know about Luni but isn't Marri a Baloch tribe?

why cant WE all just be proud PAKISTANIS?????
is it really too much to ask?
and that goes for me too 'cause even sometimes i talk like that!

pakistan is not home to only single race, our religion might b same but our language, traditions, even dressings almost everything is different frm each other,
Proud to b Pakistani's doesn't mean we'll av to forget our identity as punjabi, sindhi, pashtoon or baloch.... equility, justice, peace n good governance is the guarantee to stable n prosperos Pakistan.

Last edited:
Pakistan first should be our identity. My mom is kashmiri, dad punjabi, relatives from India in Sindh, sister married to a Pashtoon, so what's the big deal. My identity is Pakistani first.:pakistan:

Pakistan first should be our identity. My mom is kashmiri, dad punjabi, relatives from India in Sindh, sister married to a Pashtoon, so what's the big deal. My identity is Pakistani first.:pakistan:

My dear, i'm concerned abt the rights n responsibilities of various races, castes, lingual groups, or Provinces or ppl with same language n culture living with in Pakistan. u can't deny who u r? u r Punjabi like u said Ur father is Punjabi... u can't escape Ur this identity, move around Pakistan u'll b known as Punjabi, n u definitely 'll b a guardian or at least sympathizer to the rights of Ur family, kins, relatives, Ur caste or Ur province.... N its a proved fact. I'm criticizing govt. policy, favoring one over the other... which is not just... I'm Pakistani n 'll b, but I'm also Pashtoon as well, part of this country. My identity with in this country and its countrymen is Pashtoon, n i'v the right to speak n fight 4 my rights knowing my responsibilities as a Pakistani.

Pakistan Army has done a wonder full job... we salut army for creating reconciliation among the mari and luni tribes

Back
Top Bottom