What's new

The Case for India: Free to Succeed

Wow, u r unbelievable, you post this, looking for a fight highlighting the part comparing india with China, then you turn around and blame Chinese? You fuking wanted this!

If you indians aren't so insecure about China, why the hell in almost every post you have to compare with China? If a post is only about india, trust me, most of us wouldn't bother to look at it at all.

Open your eyes wide and read the article. IT IS NOT WRITTEN BY ME. The article highlights plus points of both China and India. You believe only the China part, and rubbish the India part, coz it hurts your hot air filled ego ! Go let off some steam

That's because India's economy has balanced sources of growth. Strong domestic demand drives India's GDP, offering the economy protection from external shocks. China has no such cushion. Its economy is overly dependent on investment and exports. Economists believe China needs to encourage more domestic private consumption — to "rebalance" — to promote sustainable economic growth. In other words, China has to become more Indian. That became obvious during the Great Recession. India charged through the downturn because the resilient Indian consumer propelled the economy forward. When the financial crisis hit China, however, Beijing was forced to unleash a tsunami of government stimulus and credit from state-controlled banks to keep growth going. Even though the world's economists lauded the effectiveness of China's recession-fighting methods, these were, in fact, a sign of the economy's frailties.

china also has big internal market. author is wrong.

or does he want to say that china's internal market is closer to being saturated?

china also has big internal market. author is wrong.

or does he want to say that china's internal market is closer to being saturated?

Compare And Contrast

Government policies in China and India have been very different in terms of the approach to generating growth. The difference illustrates the importance of the consumer sector in a modern economy.

China has directed the massive investment percentage of GDP into the creation of industrial capacity, aimed substantially at export markets. It is therefore vulnerable to downturns in global markets, particularly in the USA. Significantly since 2004 China has commenced a slow re-orientation towards strengthening consumption in the home market relative to investment. The savings rate in China has been exceptionally high, and the level of credit in relation to GDP has been very low by world standards. The level of consumption had fallen to 38% of GDP by the end of 2005, just about the lowest level of any major world economy. Coupled with this we note that the excess capacity generated by the high level of investment relative to consumption has resulted in overcapacity, stagnating or reducing prices, growing levels of unsold inventory and pressures on profitability. Excessive construction and the reluctance of the majority of the population to draw down on savings have prompted falling prices in the property sector. One economist has recently calculated that if personal consumption in China as a percentage of GDP had remained at its 1990 level it would be 30 per cent above current levels - a more rational balance in relation to other GDP components (Lardy 2006). There is sufficient spare capacity and inventory backlog in China to enable consumption to rise significantly without resulting in price inflation.

India has followed a different path. The major point of difference has come about as a result of demographic change. The size of India’s middle class has quadrupled to almost 250 million people over the past 15-20 years. Overall population growth has slowed considerably, with large gains in per capita income. India’s demographics are beginning to resemble those of the developed West - a move away from a high birth rate, overpopulation and predominant poverty towards smaller families and increased average income. There still remains, of course, a major issue of poverty and poor education. If, however, one looks at the economy as a whole, as the current generation of potential baby boomers matures and the consumer sector of the economy continues to prosper, spending power and modern consumer behaviour look set to “trickle down” through the economy for decades. The big issue in all this is that India has relied considerably on a combination of growing domestic market demand and investment in knowledge-intensive industry and services, which has meant that India has been to a great extent insulated from global downturns affecting physical trade. Personal consumption accounts for just over 60 per cent of Indian GDP, making it increasingly comparable with a fully-developed Western economy. Thus it has been argued (for example Das 2006) that India’s “boom” is intrinsically more durable than China’s, noting that China’s population is likely to peak around 2030, whereas India’s will continue to grow, on current projections, till about 2065.

Economic growth in India and China - Implications for market research

Full of loopholes ? Why for a change this article praises India ? WE will build our economy, infra and democracy. You can build just the first two

Right. You should write "we WILL build our economy, infra and democracy".

Open your eyes wide and read the article. IT IS NOT WRITTEN BY ME. The article highlights plus points of both China and India. You believe only the China part, and rubbish the India part, coz it hurts your hot air filled ego ! Go let off some steam

Oh give me a break, it is posted by u, and posts don't highlight parts by itself. When you post something comparing both countries, don't cry about it when Chinese are defeating u in almost every point!

Did I say anything about what I believe? u don't know jack *** about what I think and frankly I don't care. What I care about is the nonsense you are still spewing. It's what indians like u are good at, when get caught, just steer away the topic or simple resort to personal attacks.

STOP TRYING TO PUT WHAT U THINK INTO OTHERS' MOUTHS.

Most Chinese don't have a problem with indians until we meet the ones like you, unreasonable ones who just do no good and always, always turn around and blame others.

Oh give me a break, it is posted by u, and posts don't highlight parts by itself. When you post something comparing both countries, don't cry about it when Chinese are defeating u in almost every point!

Did I say anything about what I believe? u don't know jack *** about what I think and frankly I don't care. What I care about is the nonsense you are still spewing. It's what indians like u are good at, when get caught, just steer away the topic or simple resort to personal attacks.

Most Chinese don't have a problem with indians until we meet the ones like you, unreasonable ones who just do no good and always, always turn around and blame others.

Parts are highlighted to make reading easier. I have highlighted both India and China parts, so that you dont miss out on China part;)

Again , you are directing your anger at the wrong person. I cant help it if you cant digest it. Why dont you mail the author and relieve some gas ?

And I care a tiny rats behind for you and your ilk

this Intocraps guy is in a serious denial, he only lives in the slum dont get a chance to see the real world rather than their bollywood propaganda which made him a funny simpleton``the fact is the level of development China outpace India cannot be imagined in his tiny brain, and also he is deeply frustrated by the fact that his country is only good at ranting and bragging but deliver none (world famous the Indian style).

I guess his fake dignity and ego will ultimately collapse once he came to China to live for awhile and actually read chinese local news where he will find that Chinese people enjoy way much more freedom than the bragged india 'democracy' where there is no equal social rights (I have been there and saw really sad for women, childern and minorities).

most importantly this guy alone with other few you just cannt reasoning them with solid facts, figures and reality they will always to use other ludicrous reasons to fool themselves

Just curious, do people still judge others by their caste status or religious belief or social status rather than the actually characters of them?

OK, You chose the caste system . Poverty and malnutrition is already mentioned here, right ?

this Intocraps guy is in a serious denial, he only lives in the slum dont get a chance to see the real world rather than their bollywood propaganda which made him a funny simpleton``the fact is the level of development China outpace India cannot be imagined in his tiny brain, and also he is deeply frustrated by the fact that his country is only good at ranting and bragging but deliver none (world famous the Indian style).

I guess his fake dignity and ego will ultimately collapse once he came to China to live for awhile and actually read chinese local news where he will find that Chinese people enjoy way much more freedom than the bragged india 'democracy' where there is no equal social rights (I have been there and saw really sad for women, childern and minorities).

most importantly this guy alone with other few you just cannt reasoning them with solid facts, figures and reality they will always to use other ludicrous reasons to fool themselves

Man, you guys are so predictable. You should make these highlighted words your signature, Saves you the trouble of typing again and again.

Seriously, mail the author and puke on his face

[/B]

Parts are highlighted to make reading easier. I have highlighted both India and China parts, so that you dont miss out on China part;)

Again , you are directing your anger at the wrong person. I cant help it if you cant digest it. Why dont you mail the author and relieve some gas ?

lol you know it very well your rat mentality to post this article, or just read all the China related articles put on by you, your frustration of inferior complexity to chinese makes you to seek revenges of few Chinese laughing at you indians.

[/B]

You don't get it do u? First what a ego assuming ur highlighting will make reading easier, not everyone needs help like u.

Then, if you actually read or understand what I wrote, you will see I have no problem with the article or indians trying to make their point about the issue at all. Agian I have a problem with your non-sense

And no, my highlight isn't gonna make reading easier but to emphasize a point, just like what you were actually doing.

For the third time, I guess that's how much times I have to repeat to make you understand, when you post something like this, don't cry about it when your points are been defeated, learn from it!
This thread is infected by the Chinese. If they are not insecure about India, they wouldn't even bother to visit this thread. All I here from them is China is great :blah: and India is poor :blah:

Man, you guys are so predictable. You should make these highlighted words your signature, Saves you the trouble of typing again and again.

Seriously, mail the author and puke on his face

this is how your propaganda machine brainwashes you (same BS over and over again), i'm just doing a bit favour to drag you back a bit closer to reality by telling you how simple you are

OK, You chose the caste system . Poverty and malnutrition is already mentioned here, right ?

Y don't u just answer my question? It is not about poverty, not about malnutrition
I was just curious how a normal indian would be treated in his daily encounters, too hard for u to understand?

I'd rather say open your brain wide to think independently instead of opening eyes reading foolish article by hunky-dory authors like this one.

If you can learn to analyze stuff independently like the following example, India will fly:

Beijing's bureaucrats may be better at building roads, but government dictates and human-rights abuses won't ensure the country's economic success.

India has worse human rights situation. Death due to starvation, religious violence, caste discrimination are rampant. But, since India copied/pasted western system, West world is reluctant to expose that, only some limited human right watch dogs are monitoring it. Does this author realize that some 30% of Indian parliament members are criminals? Hello!

sustained development ultimately depends on entrepreneurship, a strong private sector, rule of law and political openness.

Entrepreneurship makes more than 50% companies in Asia Forbes being Chinese. Rule of law in India cause 30% criminals to reside in parliament, political openness in Indian make India more corrupted than China.

Since the Chinese economy is more than three times the size of India's, the Middle Kingdom's growth rate will inevitably slow, allowing India to close the gap. For a developing economy, China is aging rapidly because of the distortions caused by its controversial one-child policy, giving India a demographic advantage in generating future growth. Much more important, and contrary to what many believe, India possesses a superior economic model to China's — sturdier, healthier and better equipped to maintain rapid progress over the long term.

Did the author forget that in 1950, India’s economy was bigger than China’s? Now India’s is only 25% of China’s? Did the author know that the more India to close the gap the bigger is the gap? An aging but educated population is far better than young but illiterate population. Japan is a typical example. Hong Kong is yet another example. Professor Samuel Huntington also hinted: a young but under-educated, jingoistic population is a perfect soil for social unrest and terrorists.

Oh, yeah, if it is indeed “sturdier, healthier and better equipped to maintain rapid progress over the long term “ why the heck in the past 60+ years India is lagging more and more behind China in economy, literacy, life expectancy, infant mortality, nutrition, … Either this clown’s long term is 600 years, or his “sturdier, healthier and better” means worse economy, illiteracy, short life expectancy, higher infant mortality, malnutrition. If so, leave India be “sturdier, healthier and better”, and we the others take the different direction.

When the financial crisis hit China, however, Beijing was forced to unleash a tsunami of government stimulus and credit from state-controlled banks to keep growth going.
Like QE3 in USA looming larger? :lol:

Fitch figures that at the end of 2010, bank credit represented 139% of GDP in China compared with a mere 49% in India.
Hello! India’s public debt is 64% (IMF), China’s is 33% (IMF) List of sovereign states by public debt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

India is Free to Succeed only in the blinded-eyes of perhaps India-bribed author like this fool of hunky-dory vendor. But India will not succeed if vast Indians fall to the prey of the hallucination created by this type of evil intentioned westerner.

BTW, success will never be free. You have to pay to be successful.

This original article is an insultation to the people of India.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom