What's new

The Badshahs win!

Awesome

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
A single handed victory brought by a 43 ball century by Imran Nazir.

ICL record: 11 sixes
ICL record: longest six 114m.
ICL record: highest score in 20-20 not sure if this one is true.

A single handed victory brought by a 43 ball century by Imran Nazir.

ICL record: 11 sixes
ICL record: longest six 114m.
ICL record: highest score in 20-20 not sure if this one is true.

congrats to lahore badshahs on a great comeback. nazir was un-stoppable!!!
it seemed that everyone, including the presenters and the commentators with the possible exception of tony greig desperately wanted the hyd heroes to win. i thought the commenting was very one sided.

of tony greig desperately wanted the hyd heroes to win. i thought the commenting was very one sided.

Tony Greig wasn't going good against the Pakistanis in the last week. Lot of controversies. I think you missed it.

Wow...that was a pretty impressive performance.

BTW...aren't Imran Nazir and Muhammad Yusuf part of the Pakistani National Team?

...seems that Pakistanis are far more interested in the ICL than Indians - I didn't even know the tournament was going on till I came across this thread!:lol:

Wow...that was a pretty impressive performance.

BTW...aren't Imran Nazir and Muhammad Yusuf part of the Pakistani National Team?

...seems that Pakistanis are far more interested in the ICL than Indians - I didn't even know the tournament was going on till I came across this thread!:lol:
All the good players have left the ICC. ICL is a rebel league and all Pakistani players are in rebellion mode. Rightly too, all the good players don't get a chance, or are at the most tried out for 1 or 2 matches. While players like Afridi who haven't scored a 50 in 20 months, is carrying on.

The ICC Pak team beat the Windies but still that isn't half as much of a united front as is the ICL. Partly because the ICL guys know that it is just them and they have to stick together.

Mohammad Yousuf, Imran Nazir, Inzamam, Imran Farhan, Rana Naved, Azhar Mahmood, Mohammad Sami, Shahid Nazir, Saqlain Mushtaq.

9 big names. The new guys are just the Keeper and Shahid Yousuf.

Top scorer of ICL = Imran Nazir
Top wicket taker = Rana Naved

20-20 really suits these guys. I would be interested to see some Indian national team guys join the league too. I think Sachin will join in after his retirement. But Indian top players are already very rich. Mostly its the charm of the money that brings people to ICL too. I mean Rana Naved got USD 100,000 for being man of the series. Thats a lot of money.

Yeah the commentators were WEIRD. The umpiring was weird. I think other than Kapil Dev, there hardly seemed anyone who wasn't out to just get Lahore Badshahs banned or something

The umpires gave clear benefit of the doubt type decisions against them. That too the third umpires! At one point when Mohammad Sami wasn't leaving the field (he tried to use the challenge option), it seemed like the commentators would start booing the Pakistanis.

And why was the Hy Heroes coach coming to fight Azhar Mahmood? I mean he came all the way into the Pak camp. And the commentators were still dissing Azhar Mahmood. Kapil Dev really can't do much he has to make do with what he's got.

But I'm guessing the league is just about to shoot off. If players like Sachin, Tendulkar, Dravid join in after their retirement from ICC, that would make this series a lot bigger at home.

Almost everyone I know was watching the final ICL rather than the Pak vs Windies final.

All the good players have left the ICC. ICL is a rebel league and all Pakistani players are in rebellion mode. Rightly too, all the good players don't get a chance, or are at the most tried out for 1 or 2 matches. While players like Afridi who haven't scored a 50 in 20 months, is carrying on.

The ICC Pak team beat the Windies but still that isn't half as much of a united front as is the ICL. Partly because the ICL guys know that it is just them and they have to stick together.

Mohammad Yousuf, Imran Nazir, Inzamam, Imran Farhan, Rana Naved, Azhar Mahmood, Mohammad Sami, Shahid Nazir, Saqlain Mushtaq.

9 big names. The new guys are just the Keeper and Shahid Yousuf.

Top scorer of ICL = Imran Nazir
Top wicket taker = Rana Naved

20-20 really suits these guys. I would be interested to see some Indian national team guys join the league too. I think Sachin will join in after his retirement. But Indian top players are already very rich. Mostly its the charm of the money that brings people to ICL too. I mean Rana Naved got USD 100,000 for being man of the series. Thats a lot of money.

Yeah the commentators were WEIRD. The umpiring was weird. I think other than Kapil Dev, there hardly seemed anyone who wasn't out to just get Lahore Badshahs banned or something

The umpires gave clear benefit of the doubt type decisions against them. That too the third umpires! At one point when Mohammad Sami wasn't leaving the field (he tried to use the challenge option), it seemed like the commentators would start booing the Pakistanis.

And why was the Hy Heroes coach coming to fight Azhar Mahmood? I mean he came all the way into the Pak camp. And the commentators were still dissing Azhar Mahmood. Kapil Dev really can't do much he has to make do with what he's got.

But I'm guessing the league is just about to shoot off. If players like Sachin, Tendulkar, Dravid join in after their retirement from ICC, that would make this series a lot bigger at home.

Almost everyone I know was watching the final ICL rather than the Pak vs Windies final.

LOl...I think that might explain why the Badshahs are doing so well....

I'm not too sure about the commentary and umpiring, since I never bothered to watch the series (mostly because we were busy kicking Aussie and English ***)

IPL is far more popular - and it also attracts most of the domestic talent in India for fairly obvious reasons.

ICL is like the second division football league.

There is no reason we can't have a second division league in cricket. There is obviously demand out there and there are sufficient players who can't be absorbed in the first league but are still good.

Congrates to the winning team and their supporters.

pcb should stop supporting bcci and why pcb is wasting their talent because of bcci. if we get these players in our national side no one can stop us getting champions title every time T20 will come imran nazir abdurrazzaque mohammad yousuf rana naveed ul hasssan shabirr ahmed we will get beter banch strength

Well the Hy Heroes were filled with international players too.

IPL is good too. The problem with IPL is that it is too domesticated. Hy Heroes is essentially a white club. There's a Bangladeshi team (which is surprisingly very good at 20-20). Its always more fun when playing against other countries.

ICL I think pays better than IPL at least this time it seemed so. But there are obvious reasons for IPL being the bigger tournament thus far. They have legal ICC sanction. I've heard ICL is also playing ODIs and Test Matches too.

It's not really a 2nd division. It's not marketing itself as an alternative to ICC. I'm pretty sure in Pakistan at least with all the infighting going on and the rebelling players, a rebel board along the lines of ICL would prop up too and would probably choose to collaborate with ICL.

Kapil did it in India. In Pak Imran Khan has been harping about improving domestic cricket. I think he should take the charge. I think with the exit of Mohammad Yousuf, its clear that the PCB is no where close to getting its act together and none of the good players would like to be associated with it any longer.

The example of Afridi is there. He hasn't scored a 50 in 20 months and hes still given a chance. Imran Farhat and Imran Nazir were given a chance for 1 or 2 matches before they were removed from the playing 11.

Well the Hy Heroes were filled with international players too.

IPL is good too. The problem with IPL is that it is too domesticated. Hy Heroes is essentially a white club. There's a Bangladeshi team (which is surprisingly very good at 20-20). Its always more fun when playing against other countries.

ICL I think pays better than IPL at least this time it seemed so. But there are obvious reasons for IPL being the bigger tournament thus far. They have legal ICC sanction. I've heard ICL is also playing ODIs and Test Matches too.

It's not really a 2nd division. It's not marketing itself as an alternative to ICC. I'm pretty sure in Pakistan at least with all the infighting going on and the rebelling players, a rebel board along the lines of ICL would prop up too and would probably choose to collaborate with ICL.

Kapil did it in India. In Pak Imran Khan has been harping about improving domestic cricket. I think he should take the charge. I think with the exit of Mohammad Yousuf, its clear that the PCB is no where close to getting its act together and none of the good players would like to be associated with it any longer.

The example of Afridi is there. He hasn't scored a 50 in 20 months and hes still given a chance. Imran Farhat and Imran Nazir were given a chance for 1 or 2 matches before they were removed from the playing 11.

lets end the controversey by holding a Lahore Badshah's v. Pakistan XI 20/twenty match!

i wonder who will win? tell u what - the gaddafi stadium will be full. hey marketeers out there, are u listening?

Lahore Badshah Inzamam challenges Pakistan cricket team

November 18th, 2008

Karachi, Nov 18 (IANS) Pakistan’s cricketers have been complaining of lack of cricket throughout 2008 and are of the view that their preparations for the important home series against India early next year would remain incomplete without proper match practice.With international teams preferring to stay away from Pakistan because of security fears, it seems that the national cricketers have no option but to wait for the home series against India early 2009.

But ask former Pakistan captain Inzamam-ul-Haq and he will tell you that the issue can be resolved without much effort.

“If the Pakistan team thinks it is short on match practice, then it can play a series of matches against Lahore Badshahs,” said Inzamam, who led the team to an impressive title-winning triumph in the recent season of the breakaway Indian Cricket League (ICL).

Inzamam pointed out that Badshahs have a number of quality players and can provide tough competition to Shoaib Malik-led Pakistan.

“Playing for Pakistan is the biggest honour because nothing can match it,” said Inzamam. “But people in Pakistan also love Lahore Badshahs which is why I believe matches between Pakistan and Badshahs will been keenly followed by cricket fans all over the country,” he said.

However, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is unlikely to consider this idea because it doesn’t recognise the rebel ICL. In fact it has banned all players linked to ICL.

Inzamam also said that Malik is taking Pakistan cricket towards destruction by failing to take along the team’s senior players. Supporting star batsman Mohammad Yousuf’s claim that Malik is disrespectful towards seniors, Inzamam said that no team can do well without complete unity.

holy cow! what a co-incidence eh!

Any match by PCB against ICL based teams will invite the wrath of BCCI. Given the present situation in which PCB has found itself in (no body willing to play in Pakistan), I don't think it will be willing to play a match against Badshahs.

PCS is the worst board in the world without any shadow of the doubt

Back
Top Bottom