What's new

The Ancestry of Indian Missile

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the heck am i reading here? India built the missile from scratch? Are you guys kidding me? Significant collaboration with France, Germany and United States helped them to create missiles, and lastly powered them.

Same case with Pakistan. Technology of the No-dong based on the single engine Scud design (even the Iraqis and Iran have the access to them) was incorporated in the Ghauri II to create an operational nuclear ballistic missile and test them in response to the development of Indian nuclear missiles.

Now Pakistan has technological expertise and time frame to develop different missiles projects indigenously at home. The results are Shaheen, and Shaheen II, and other projects are under development.

India started its development by stealing and recieving help from France, Germany and United States.

hello stealing miisile technologyhas been done by all.

Chinese invent ancient rockets - European take rocket tech back to Europe and for some strange reason Chinese donot follow it up. Germans make the first missile in the WWII. Germany Looses. Half the German scientist go USA and the rest to Russia. America now develops its own missiles and teaches, France, UK the basics. Parallely Russia develops its own missile and sells it to China and North Korea etc

Moral of the story no ones missile is indegenous ( I dont mean the Indian word but the latin word).

Regards

The ancestry of Indian Missile is in the Mahabharat (?) ;) :)

Actually, I have never bothered about any equipment's ancestry or things like that.

I only cared it if worked efficiently.

As far as AQ Khan is concerned, it is the concern of Pakistan and if the international community and more so the US (they knew about it) did not stop him then, there is no idea of blaming him as such; even though the moral and other issues can be discussed.

The fact that the US is not pressing Musharraf on AQK, indicates that they (the US) would be exposed!

It is just like US and Saddam. After using the person, drop him like hot bricks!

That is what I think and I have no credible proof as such. Only an opinion!

Here's an excerpt from an interesting post by an Indian blogger Vijainder Thakur at sawf.com:

August 22, 2008 - While Indian defense industry has had little success with indigenous design and development of weapons system (Arjun, LCA) its record with license production has been equally dismal (Hawk trainers, Su-30MKI fighters and T-90S tanks).

It is amazing how after years of 'license production' of weapon systems like Gnats, MiG variants, Jaguars, Vijayanta tanks our defense industry has failed to come up with a product of its own that our defense forces are ready to buy.

Russian newspaper Kommersant, reporting on a deal between India and Rosoboronexport for the license production of Smerch multiple launch rocket system mocks Indian capabilities saying:

"India has had little success with military equipment production, and has had problems producing Russian Su-30MKI fighter jets and T-90S tanks, English Hawk training jets and French Scorpene submarines."

Rosoboronexport, is facilitating the manufacture of the Smerch multiple rocket system both in India and China and the news report hints at the radically different approaches adopted by the two countries towards assisted production.

China first developed an unlicensed analog to Smerch called the A-100 in the 90s. However, they were unable to indigenously develop solid-fuel rocket motor matching those of the Smerch system. So their current deal with Rosoboronexport for Smerch focuses only on the transfer of solid propellant rocket motor technology through Perm Powder Mill.

The Indian deal on the other hand simply entails license production in India. My hunch is it entails no transfer of critical technology.

The Russians will come here set up the plant for us and supply the critical manufacturing machinery. Indian labor and technical management will run the plant which will simply assemble the system. Critical components and the solid propellant rocket motor fuel will still come from Perm Powder Mill. However, bureaucrats in New Delhi and the nation as a whole will be happy. The Smerch system will be proudly paraded on Rajpath every republic day as an indigenous weapon system.

A decade or so down the line, Smerch will get outdated and India will negotiate a new deal with Russia for the license production of a new multiple rocket system for the Indian Army.

India's unenviable reputation as an Arms Manufacturer

China and India Make Smerch Rockets - Kommersant Moscow

I don't think that people deny the fact that India received help in the development of missiles and satellite launch vehicles. What is debated is the nature of help. Was is simply something like imparting knowledge about the theoretical aspects of such systems or more detailed critical information? If it is the former then it becomes more like a university education system. After all no one is asking one to repeat inventing the wheel. A little bit of the latter is not too harmful either as even US and Russia sought help for German scientists and engineers.

The allegations Pakistan faces are much more leaning towards the latter state where it is said that there was an international system in place through which nuclear knowhow and missile technology were exchanged between friendly countries. All this while of course it is alleged that the US did nothing to stop this process. So too many players are complicit at least on paper. Proving the charges is a difficult matter.

This is not the case with India as India never transferred sensitive technology/subsystems to other players.

It will be interesting to read about this matter after a decade or so when the anti-Pakistan hysteria dies down. Only then will the accounts be less biased and a proper opinion about proliferation be known. I am waiting for such less-biased accounts.

We did not beg borrow or steal, We asked there help, who ever they are... today our missiles stand tall... ISRO is known to the whole world.... We are progressing and thats what matters at the end of the day..

Mr RiazHaq has replied to a thread that is almost 2 & 1/2 years old !!!

Among these engineers was A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, the Agni missile's chief designer. After the Indian nuclear tests last month, he was also hailed as the "father" of the Indian atomic bomb.

The article is seriously flawed, but I guess everyone already knows that. The very first line is stupid to say the least. Abdul Kalam is not called the father of Indian atomic bomb, he is known as the Missile man of India.

Raja Ramanna is known as the father of Indian Nuclear Bomb. But he is not famous, since Indians don't believe in glorifying atomic scientists.

Abdul Kalam is an aerospace engineer and not a nuclear scientist.

Every one here Has to appreciate ONE Fact :

India didnt stick to the Original First generation Missiles and kept developing new technologies and missiles.

The Height of Indian Rocket technology matches that of Major world powers as Only Five nations Including India can Launch a Geo Orbit Satellite which is a superb achievement.

Similarily, The Advaned "Hybrid" Shaurya Missile and the Submarine Launched "Sagarika" are Peaks New Missile Technology and NOT THAT THESE ARE NOT BALLISTIC MISSILES WHOSE TECH IS UNDER DISCUSSION IN THE ARTICLE.

India will soon Test 5000KM Range Agni 5 , u have to credit India for make Huge upgradation to the "IGMDP" and reaching this level.

Jai Ho.

Every one here Has to appreciate ONE Fact :

India didnt stick to the Original First generation Missiles and kept developing new technologies and missiles.

The Height of Indian Rocket technology matches that of Major world powers as Only Five nations Including India can Launch a Geo Orbit Satellite which is a superb achievement.

Similarily, The Advaned "Hybrid" Shaurya Missile and the Submarine Launched "Sagarika" are Peaks New Missile Technology and NOT THAT THESE ARE NOT BALLISTIC MISSILES WHOSE TECH IS UNDER DISCUSSION IN THE ARTICLE.

India will soon Test 5000KM Range Agni 5 , u have to credit India for make Huge upgradation to the "IGMDP" and reaching this level.

Jai Ho.

my brother how many of they toys actually work??

All of them work but only in indian dreams :)

indian missile are russsian made but paint in india

For your kind information indian missile program started in indra gandhi government under guidence of Dr. apj abdul kalam. india is spending lot of money on missile program not only to paint russian missile. at least india trying to develop their own indigenous missile technology and not buying from china.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom