What's new

‘The advantages are obvious’: how China’s BYD became the world’s No 1 EV maker

lol, you can write a report to refute it, but still, most Tesla were also made in China with China's supply chain.

Giga Berlin and Giga Texas are still ramping, and Texas will begin producing Cybertruck at end of year. Texas is much larger than Shanghai and the newly announced Giga Mexico will be as well.

Giga Berlin and Giga Texas are still ramping, and Texas will begin producing Cybertruck at end of year. Texas is much larger than Shanghai and the newly announced Giga Mexico will be as well.
China also builds new factories, way faster than US, so we'll see what the EV landscape will look like in the coming years.

China also builds new factories, way faster than US, so we'll see what the EV landscape will look like in the coming years.

It’s Teslas world and everyone else is paying rent. Cybertruck alone has over 1M reservations, and once the $25-30K model starts rolling out of Mexico, it’s game over. We saw how Tesla took off after the Model Y dropped. The same will happen with the Cybertruck and $25K model.

BYD is successful in China because it’s homegrown and cheap. It doesn’t have the same clout overseas.

It’s Teslas world and everyone else is paying rent. Cybertruck alone has over 1M reservations, and once the $25-30K model starts rolling out of Mexico, it’s game over. We saw how Tesla took off after the Model Y dropped. The same will happen with the Cybertruck and $25K model.

BYD is successful in China because it’s homegrown and cheap. It doesn’t have the same clout overseas.
BYD grows much faster than Tesla, Musk used to joke about BYD but look at it now, the whole EV supply chain in firmly in China's hand, it's the whole industry, not just couples of Chinese brands.

BYD grows much faster than Tesla, Musk used to joke about BYD but look at it now, the whole EV supply chain in firmly in China's hand, it's the whole industry, not just couples of Chinese brands.

Nope, it’s Teslas world. They are the globally dominate EV company. Shanghai becomes less important as Berlin and Texas reach full production, Cybertruck begins production, and Giga Mexico begins construction.

Nope, it’s Teslas world. They are the globally dominate EV company. Shanghai becomes less important as Berlin and Texas reach full production, Cybertruck begins production, and Giga Mexico begins construction.
LoL,

LoL,

Tesla buys Chinese batteries because it can’t make enough of them to keep up. Teslas goal is global dominance. Their well on track

uhh... half of BYD's electric car offerings ARE under $20k
How's their range compared to, say a hyundai ioniq-5 with extended range?

How's their build quality, and safety?

What about customer satisfaction? I haven't had a good experience with Chinese companies and their customer services.

How's their range compared to, say a hyundai ioniq-5 with extended range?

How's their build quality, and safety?

What about customer satisfaction? I haven't had a good experience with Chinese companies and their customer services.
What's that phrase again? You get what you pay for. If you only buy cheap crap from China you will get cheap crap. Pay more, and you will get higher quality products compared to similar price range from western brands.

What's that phrase again? You get what you pay for. If you only buy cheap crap from China you will get cheap crap. Pay more, and you will get higher quality products compared to similar price range from western brands.

So in other words my original comment stands.

There's a European car manufacturer that has an EV for less than 10,000$, but it's a 2 dealer and the range is small as ****.

Right now a gas powered car can get you an average of 500km on a single tank of gas, and cost around $17,000 to $20,000 to buy a brand new basic model.

That's what EVs have to compete with. Unless they can give a bare minimum of 300km for a similar price range, the EV market will continue to remain limited.

I know the tech is expensive, but they really need to try and bring down prices aggressively and make some compromises.

So in other words my original comment stands.

There's a European car manufacturer that has an EV for less than 10,000$, but it's a 2 dealer and the range is small as ****.

Right now a gas powered car can get you an average of 500km on a single tank of gas, and cost around $17,000 to $20,000 to buy a brand new basic model.

That's what EVs have to compete with. Unless they can give a bare minimum of 300km for a similar price range, the EV market will continue to remain limited.

I know the tech is expensive, but they really need to try and bring down prices aggressively and make some compromises.
The inflection point is durability of the battery, 600 mile range and 3 minute fast charge at readily available charging stations. I believe we will get there in two years.
There is no first mover advantage, Tesla and BYD et al will be significantly challenged by established auto makers like Toyota, Mercedes, GM and VW. At least Tesla has a cult following, the rest of the early movers will be in for a fight for their very existence.

The inflection point is durability of the battery, 600 mile range and 3 minute fast charge at readily available charging stations. I believe we will get there in two years.
There is no first mover advantage, Tesla and BYD et al will be significantly challenged by established auto makers like Toyota, Mercedes, GM and VW. At least Tesla has a cult following, the rest of the early movers will be in for a fight for their very existence.
Hope you're right about the 2 years, though that seems to be extremely ambitious. Personally I don't think we're going to get a cheap good EV for at least another 10 years

You can't just drop the price of cars from $40-50,000 to 20,000 within a couple of years, it's just unrealistic.

We want BYD in Pakistan , china should set up a plan in Pakistan too , it will be best selling car in pak

Hope you're right about the 2 years, though that seems to be extremely ambitious. Personally I don't think we're going to get a cheap good EV for at least another 10 years

You can't just drop the price of cars from $40-50,000 to 20,000 within a couple of years, it's just unrealistic.
you're unlikely to see bleeding edge technology solid state battery or Level 5 autonomy at your desired price point in two years. That will take longer, but yes in two years you are likely to see the above in the luxury auto segment the high end BMW's, Mercedes and such.

Back
Top Bottom