What's new

The 76th Anniversary of Nanjing Massacre

Another Worst aspect.

Japanese know little about Nanjing Massacre

A CCTV correspondent asked people on the streets of Tokyo about what they know about the Nanjing Massacre. Many people said that they had never heard of the massacre.

A former professor of Hokuriku University who has been studying the history of World War Two said that Japan has destroyed evidence to avoid taking responsibility, and Japan should reflect and respect history.

CCTV reporter asked: "Have you ever heard of the Nanjing Massacre?"

Japanese answered: "No, I don't know about it."

CCTV reporter asked: "Do you know anything about the Nanjing Massacre?"

Japanese student answered: "No."

CCTV reporter asked: "Have you learned anything in history books?"

Japanese student answered: "No, I don't think so."

"Ordinary Japanese, even some politicians have never heard of the massacre, and many doubt whether it happened. Until now, many Japanese believed that the Tokyo War Crimes Trial is some sort of punishment of Japan, they think it is unfair. Germany punished the Nazis after the war, however, Japan didn't do the same, so many don't know the crimes Japan committed in the war time," a history scholar said.

Japanese know little about Nanjing Massacre CCTV News - CNTV English

I have seen one or two documentaries. Can you guys share more documentaries ?

BTW RIP to the dead.

how can someone be so cruel ???

m sorry i had no idea about nanjing massacre

nice to see tat china is a powerful country today

peace be upon the victims of this brutal massacre

China have never commit such atrocity against any nation in Asia, Japan on the other hand, they are as cruel as they come, Japan not just committed war crime against China but also Vietnam, Philippine.

China never forget Japan for what they did to Chinese in WW2, Japan is only nation mostly fearful of China rise and retaliation for Japanese past crime.

"Ordinary Japanese, even some politicians have never heard of the massacre, and many doubt whether it happened. Until now, many Japanese believed that the Tokyo War Crimes Trial is some sort of punishment of Japan, they think it is unfair. Germany punished the Nazis after the war, however, Japan didn't do the same, so many don't know the crimes Japan committed in the war time," a history scholar said.

This is really shocking and painful that ordinary Japanese simply does not know what their Imperial army had done in China. This is shame.Forgetting History according to our own convenience is so helpful, isn't it?

But @KRAIT, the Chinese still remembers Dr.Dwarkanath Kotnis,even after 76 years. They still have not forgot the little effort we Indians put which still intertwines the two great nations in an emotional thread. Today,we have border disputes and other subjects of attrition,but they did not forget the little help that their poor,enslaved neighbor had provided to them..

RIP, Chinese never forget it forever. For Japan, show no mercy.

110426182597b4fd0aebe4509c.jpg

thumb_940__1341456426927.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe you guys should start a Tibet thread, clearly this is off topic. We should respect the fallen during the Nanjing Massacre.

John Rabe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In his diary Rabe documented Japanese atrocities committed during the assault upon and occupation of the city. On December 13, 1937, he wrote:

It is not until we tour the city that we learn the extent of destruction. We come across corpses every 100 to 200 yards. The bodies of civilians that I examined had bullet holes in their backs. These people had been presumably fleeing and were shot from behind. The Japanese march through the city in groups of ten to twenty soldiers and loot the shops ... I watched with my own eyes as they looted the café of our German baker Herr Kiessling. Hempel's hotel was broken into as well, as almost every shop on Chung Shang and Taiping Road.[6]

In his interactions with Japanese authorities, Rabe first took a conciliatory tone. On December 14, 1937, Rabe handed a letter of thanks to the Japanese army commander stating that the people in the Safety Zone were all safe and not one shot had been fired. The following is a part of his letter of thanks.

Dec. 14, 1937,

Dear commander of the Japanese army in Nanking, We appreciate that the artillerymen of your army didn't attack to the Safety Zone. And we hope to contact with you to make a plan to protect general Chinese citizens who are staying in the Safety Zone... We will be pleased to cooperate with you in anyway to protect general citizens in this city. –Chairman of the Nanking International Committee, John H. D. Rabe–[7]

On December 17, 1937 he wrote in a very different tone:

Two Japanese soldiers have climbed over the garden wall and are about to break into our house. When I appear they give the excuse that they saw two Chinese soldiers climb over the wall. When I show them my party badge, they return the same way. In one of the houses in the narrow street behind my garden wall, a woman was raped, and then wounded in the neck with a bayonet. I managed to get an ambulance so we can take her to Kulou Hospital... Last night up to 1,000 women and girls are said to have been raped, about 100 girls at Ginling Girls' College alone. You hear nothing but rape. If husbands or brothers intervene, they're shot. What you hear and see on all sides is the brutality and bestiality of the Japanese soldiers.[8]

On December 17, Rabe wrote a letter as chairman to Kiyoshi Fukui, second secretary of the Japanese Embassy. The following is an excerpt:

In other words, on the 13th when your troops entered the city, we had nearly all the civilian population gathered in a Zone in which there had been very little destruction by stray shells and no looting by Chinese soldiers even in full retreat... All 27 Occidentals in the city at that time and our Chinese population were totally surprised by the reign of robbery, raping and killing initiated by your soldiers on the 14th. All we are asking in our protest is that you restore order among your troops and get the normal city life going as soon as possible. In the latter process we are glad to cooperate in any way we can. But even last night between 8 and 9 p.m. when five Occidental members of our staff and Committee toured the Zone to observe conditions, we did not find any single Japanese patrol either in the Zone or at the entrances![9]

Having received no answer to his request, Rabe wrote again to Fukui the following day, this time in an even more desperate tone:

We are sorry to trouble you again but the sufferings and needs of the 200 000 civilians for whom we are trying to care make it urgent that we try to secure action from your military authorities to stop the present disorder among Japanese soldiers wandering through the Safety Zone... The second man in our Housing Commission had to see two women in his family at 23 Hankow Road raped last night at supper time by Japanese soldiers. Our associate food commissioner, Mr. Sone, has to convey trucks with rice and leave 2,500 people in families at his Nanking Theological Seminary to look after themselves. Yesterday, in broad daylight, several women at the Seminary were raped right in the middle of a large room filled with men, women, and children! We 22 Occidentals cannot feed 200,000 Chinese civilians and protect them night and day. That is the duty of the Japanese authorities ...[10]

On the February 10, 1938, Rabe wrote in his diary:

Fukui, whom I tried to find at the Japanese embassy to no avail all day yesterday, paid a call on me last night. He actually managed to threaten me: "If the newspapers in Shanghai report bad things, you will have the Japanese army against you", he said... In reply to my question as to what I then could say in Shanghai, Fukui said "We leave that to your discretion." My response: "It looks as if you expect me to say something like this to the reporters: The situation in Nanking is improving everyday. Please don't print any more atrocities stories about the vile behavior of Japanese soldiers, because then you'll only be pouring oil on fire of disagreement that already exists between the Japanese and Europeans." "Yes", he said simply beaming, "that would be splendid!"[11]

John Rabe gave a series of lectures in Germany after he came back to Berlin on April 15, 1938, in which he said, "We Europeans put the number [of civilian casualties] at about 50,000 to 60,000."[12] Rabe was not the only figure to record the Japanese atrocity. By December 1937, after the defeat of the Chinese soldiers, the Japanese soldiers would often go house-to-house in Nanking, shooting any civilians they encountered. Evidence of these violent acts come from diaries kept by some Japanese soldiers and by Japanese journalists who were appalled by what was transpiring.[13]

I have been trying to avoid any coverage on Naijing massacre for fear that I might go mental like what happened to Iris Chang.

All those massacres happening in modern history just make me wonder whether we humans are worse or better than our ancestors or even apes. Will apes kill other apes just for the heck of it, let alone torture?

how can someone be so cruel ???

m sorry i had no idea about nanjing massacre

nice to see tat china is a powerful country today

peace be upon the victims of this brutal massacre

That's because after 1949, China fell to communism and then cold war ensued while Japan was embraced into the "peace loving" democracy block. Everything Japan did in WWII became second to the cold war agenda. Dirty politics again ignored the flesh and blood of living humans.

Last edited:
Every ignorant Japs should take a good look at these evidences.

The Forgotten Holocaust: The Rape of Nanking

These inhumane attrocities shall never be forgotten, to deny this on their part is pushing the Chinese to extreme hatred. They will regret it for not taking the Germans as a good example for future generations.

the Chinese still remembers Dr.Dwarkanath Kotnis,even after 76 years. They still have not forgot the little effort we Indians put which still intertwines the two great nations in an emotional thread. Today,we have border disputes and other subjects of attrition,but they did not forget the little help that their poor,enslaved neighbor had provided to them..
Yes. Most Chinese know this name: 柯棣华(Dwarkanath Kotnis), as international friend who helped China at the most difficult time.

John Rabe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In his diary Rabe documented Japanese atrocities committed during the assault upon and occupation of the city. On December 13, 1937, he wrote:

It is not until we tour the city that we learn the extent of destruction. We come across corpses every 100 to 200 yards. The bodies of civilians that I examined had bullet holes in their backs. These people had been presumably fleeing and were shot from behind. The Japanese march through the city in groups of ten to twenty soldiers and loot the shops ... I watched with my own eyes as they looted the café of our German baker Herr Kiessling. Hempel's hotel was broken into as well, as almost every shop on Chung Shang and Taiping Road.[6]

In his interactions with Japanese authorities, Rabe first took a conciliatory tone. On December 14, 1937, Rabe handed a letter of thanks to the Japanese army commander stating that the people in the Safety Zone were all safe and not one shot had been fired. The following is a part of his letter of thanks.

Dec. 14, 1937,

Dear commander of the Japanese army in Nanking, We appreciate that the artillerymen of your army didn't attack to the Safety Zone. And we hope to contact with you to make a plan to protect general Chinese citizens who are staying in the Safety Zone... We will be pleased to cooperate with you in anyway to protect general citizens in this city. –Chairman of the Nanking International Committee, John H. D. Rabe–[7]

On December 17, 1937 he wrote in a very different tone:

Two Japanese soldiers have climbed over the garden wall and are about to break into our house. When I appear they give the excuse that they saw two Chinese soldiers climb over the wall. When I show them my party badge, they return the same way. In one of the houses in the narrow street behind my garden wall, a woman was raped, and then wounded in the neck with a bayonet. I managed to get an ambulance so we can take her to Kulou Hospital... Last night up to 1,000 women and girls are said to have been raped, about 100 girls at Ginling Girls' College alone. You hear nothing but rape. If husbands or brothers intervene, they're shot. What you hear and see on all sides is the brutality and bestiality of the Japanese soldiers.[8]

On December 17, Rabe wrote a letter as chairman to Kiyoshi Fukui, second secretary of the Japanese Embassy. The following is an excerpt:

In other words, on the 13th when your troops entered the city, we had nearly all the civilian population gathered in a Zone in which there had been very little destruction by stray shells and no looting by Chinese soldiers even in full retreat... All 27 Occidentals in the city at that time and our Chinese population were totally surprised by the reign of robbery, raping and killing initiated by your soldiers on the 14th. All we are asking in our protest is that you restore order among your troops and get the normal city life going as soon as possible. In the latter process we are glad to cooperate in any way we can. But even last night between 8 and 9 p.m. when five Occidental members of our staff and Committee toured the Zone to observe conditions, we did not find any single Japanese patrol either in the Zone or at the entrances![9]

Having received no answer to his request, Rabe wrote again to Fukui the following day, this time in an even more desperate tone:

We are sorry to trouble you again but the sufferings and needs of the 200 000 civilians for whom we are trying to care make it urgent that we try to secure action from your military authorities to stop the present disorder among Japanese soldiers wandering through the Safety Zone... The second man in our Housing Commission had to see two women in his family at 23 Hankow Road raped last night at supper time by Japanese soldiers. Our associate food commissioner, Mr. Sone, has to convey trucks with rice and leave 2,500 people in families at his Nanking Theological Seminary to look after themselves. Yesterday, in broad daylight, several women at the Seminary were raped right in the middle of a large room filled with men, women, and children! We 22 Occidentals cannot feed 200,000 Chinese civilians and protect them night and day. That is the duty of the Japanese authorities ...[10]

On the February 10, 1938, Rabe wrote in his diary:

Fukui, whom I tried to find at the Japanese embassy to no avail all day yesterday, paid a call on me last night. He actually managed to threaten me: "If the newspapers in Shanghai report bad things, you will have the Japanese army against you", he said... In reply to my question as to what I then could say in Shanghai, Fukui said "We leave that to your discretion." My response: "It looks as if you expect me to say something like this to the reporters: The situation in Nanking is improving everyday. Please don't print any more atrocities stories about the vile behavior of Japanese soldiers, because then you'll only be pouring oil on fire of disagreement that already exists between the Japanese and Europeans." "Yes", he said simply beaming, "that would be splendid!"[11]

John Rabe gave a series of lectures in Germany after he came back to Berlin on April 15, 1938, in which he said, "We Europeans put the number [of civilian casualties] at about 50,000 to 60,000."[12] Rabe was not the only figure to record the Japanese atrocity. By December 1937, after the defeat of the Chinese soldiers, the Japanese soldiers would often go house-to-house in Nanking, shooting any civilians they encountered. Evidence of these violent acts come from diaries kept by some Japanese soldiers and by Japanese journalists who were appalled by what was transpiring.[13]

Yes, a Nazi told what the Japs are doing is worse than any animals. We will not forget this. Someday the Japs will pay for this.

The crimes of the Japanese against their Chinese neighbors should never be forgotten. The crimes of the Chinese Communist Party against the Chinese, orders of magnitude worse, should also be remembered for all eternity. Mao and the CCP have been more evil then were the Japanese conquerors.

The crimes of the Japanese against their Chinese neighbors should never be forgotten. The crimes of the Chinese Communist Party against the Chinese, orders of magnitude worse, should also be remembered for all eternity. Mao and the CCP have been more evil then were the Japanese conquerors.

Wasn't Mao great leave forward policy which caused China economy collapse combined with the great famine at that time killed 10 millions of people? you can't equate failed Mao intention of wanting spearheaded China economy to Japan intention and deliberate massacre and tortured innocent with the war crimes committed by Japanese military in China during WW2.

The black "Japanese" word should be "Chinaese", "Correcting" it!

Even now speak for Japanese, condemning China, bitch is bitch!

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom