What's new

The 40 smartest countries in 1999? What are the rankings now?

This is RIDICULOUS....All white lands with IQ above 1o5 and China even breaking the Barrier.
Are you saying Africa is full of NumbNuts!!! I have met more intelligent Africans than whites.
Also, whole ME and India has Low IQed Humans...Give me a Break!!!

The IQ data may be correct.

However, the problem may be the lack of food and nutrition in India, Africa, and the Middle East. For example, 40% of Indian children are malnourished and 60% are stunted. The IQ tests might be mistakenly measuring the lack of mental development during an early age and the propagated effect.

We need to ensure Indians, Africans, and Middle Easterners that take the IQ tests have been fully fed when they were young. Also, we need to equalize/normalize the cultural effect of studying. For example, there is no point in measuring Africans working in the field that are trying to survive on a day-to-day basis.

I need well-fed Indians to increase my level of confidence in the IQ tests. Unfortunately, your stupid government has ruined your economy. Now, I will have to wait at least another generation (i.e. about 20 years) before Indians are all sufficiently well-fed to increase my confidence that the IQ tests are measuring Indian intelligence and not stunted mental growth.

Where are the great high IQ Chinese in the list?:coffee:

Obviously, the exclusion of high IQ Chinese from the list proves that the list is highly inaccurate.

IQ is easy to measure. It is expressed in objective accomplishments that everyone can see. The manifestation of incredible achievements in science and engineering is measured by milestone feats and not from a biased Norwegian committee.

To wit, here are a few examples of a high IQ nation (e.g. advanced aerospace technology, advanced military technology, and advanced radar technology). In other words, if you are so smart, why can't you build these to match high IQ Chinese?

6zPw7.jpg

65th test flight of China's J-20 stealth fighter. (Sourced from Xinhuanet: 65th test flight of China's stealth fighter J-20 - Xinhua | English.news.cn)

s3eXY.jpg

Type 052C AESA-equipped Lanzhou-class destroyer Haikou

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously, the exclusion of high IQ Chinese from the list proves that the list is highly inaccurate.

IQ is easy to measure. It is expressed in objective accomplishments that everyone can see. The manifestation of incredible achievements in science and engineering is measured by milestone feats and not from a biased Norwegian committee.

To wit, here are a few examples of a high IQ nation (e.g. advanced aerospace technology, advanced military technology, and advanced radar technology). In other words, if you are so smart, why can't you build these to match high IQ Chinese?

6zPw7.jpg

65th test flight of China's J-20 stealth fighter. (Sourced from Xinhuanet: 65th test flight of China's stealth fighter J-20 - Xinhua | English.news.cn)

s3eXY.jpg

I see your American flags, but it seems you are proud of a Chinese.
If by your logic, Americans are the smartest in the world. Right?
Next are Russians,...
Because, the things above they have succeeded from long time ago.
So the IQ maps above are wrong.

Next are Russians,...

I've been on multiple forums for over 3 years. Practically everyone knows I'm Taiwanese-American of Chinese origin. I've repeated this fact many times.

My flags are American, because you could originally choose only one flag. I live in Boston and flying an American flag is appropriate. When the forum offered a second flag, it presented a dilemma. I can no longer speak fluent Taiwanese or Chinese.

Though my first four languages in the proper order were Taiwanese, Mandarin, English, and Spanish, I am only presently fluent in English. People need to stop obsessing about my flags. It is the strength of my arguments that are important, not the flags.

Finally, I believe my assessment of China is objective and fair. If you don't like it, too bad. Cry me a river.

Next are Russians,...

they started the race many decades ahead of us. we are catching up!

@Martian2:

as long as China keeps lunging forward in all scientific and military development, the poor and undernourished in india will continue to suffer in large nos. because the "shining india" motto is shrouding the delusions on every indians from the the top down! They cant make 'em, they'll buy 'em.

I think Americans are the smartest in the world.
The reason is although only with the population of over three hundred million people but the U.S dominate the world. Especially today they moved all their factories to China, making China become the "factory of the world" or "factory of Americans", while they enjoy more money on every product made in China.

Then they shouldn't complain about the Made in China products, it is really ungrateful to diss someone who feeds them with its own hardworking labor. :coffee:

I've been on multiple forums for over 3 years. Practically everyone knows I'm Taiwanese-American of Chinese origin. I've repeated this fact many times.

My flags are American, because you could originally choose only one flag. I live in Boston and flying an American flag is appropriate. When the forum offered a second flag, it presented a dilemma. I can no longer speak fluent Taiwanese or Chinese.

Though my first four languages in the proper order were Taiwanese, Mandarin, English, and Spanish, I am only presently fluent in English. People need to stop obsessing about my flags. It is the strength of my arguments that are important, not the flags.

Finally, I believe my assessment of China is objective and fair. If you don't like it, too bad. Cry me a river.

Thank you for explaining!
I have only deduced following your logic. :lol:

Then they shouldn't complain about the Made in China products, it is really ungrateful to diss someone who feeds them with its own hardworking labor. :coffee:

No, goods made ​​in China which have foreign origin are very good, no one complained about they.

6zPw7.jpg

s3eXY.jpg

No it is very hard to measure IQs in a very objective way. IQs are multidimensional; moreover, It is double hard to compare IQs across borders that are objective.

Having a space program or fifth generation fighter program or building a ship doesn’t make a country high IQ one. There are other countries that have these programs, so why should Chinese claim that they are country with highest IQ? What is so unique about Chinese?

I imagine they are busy advancing their country instead of worrying about moronic 'lists'.

No, it is wrong to think that only China is on a mission to advance their country, but Chinese are the one in the PDF who bring this high IQ thing, and most of their argument about Chinese high IQ is based on a book 'IQ and the Wealth of Nations' by Richard Lynn. The work has been criticized by academics as arbitrary and manipulated.

For ex: the author says that Chinese have high IQ because they are authoritarian. Now what is that reason?

I hate these IQ rankings,they show nothing
You should look what countries are doing with what they have,not with People's IQs.

Maybe in a 50 million country,30 millions of them are stupid (but hardworking),15 million of them are average and 5 million of them are smart,this country indeed has a low IQ average,but by use of those 5 million brains,with support of those 15 million and with the force of those 30 million stupids,this imaginary country can achieve the foremost point in all fields.So please stop these IQ ranking bs.
I hope i conveyed my point well. :)

No, it is wrong to think that only China is on a mission to advance their country

I only mentioned the Chinese because you brought them up.

My intention was to point out the troll nature of this thread and the 'report'.

Check out the average SAT scores by ethnicity and get back to us. Certain ethnicities tend to score higher than others.
Do the same for higher education attainment as a percentage of population, and also incarceration rates.
If you have any doubt left, check out how differently the people of Japan and Haiti reacted when faced with a tragedy.

It could be cultural, but not all people behave in the same manner.

Rationale Being SAT Scores to Judge a Nation!!!! Human Intelligence is measure by Various Mental Tests eg - Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale, Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children, Stanford-Binet, Woodcock-Johnson Tests of Cognitive Abilities, Kaufman Assessment Battery for Children, and Raven's Progressive Matrices.

Human Intelligence Changes with following parameters ;-
Genetics
Environment
Gene
Heritability
Job Performed
Income
Crime

Ashkazi Jews are proven to be most Intelligent Humans, In this report Israel is painted at IQ score of 70 Appox. This is skewed report, could sell to Farm Boy to me.

http://www.drlehrl.de/media/b14ea9e5da164957ffff8272fffffff2.pdf

First i want to ask Wright ( not insulting) but is their national anthem (Canada) still god save the queen , secondly i read somewhere that in south korea there is so many university graduates and people going to university that they are making it so hard to get into University as nobody is doing the other jobs like cleaning etc , also China needs to change the stereotype to the world about their products and labour , when someone thinks of china they dont think of J-20 as not many people know about that (Not insulting)

First i want to ask Wright ( not insulting) but is their national anthem (Canada) still god save the queen , secondly i read somewhere that in south korea there is so many university graduates and people going to university that they are making it so hard to get into University as nobody is doing the other jobs like cleaning etc , also China needs to change the stereotype to the world about their products and labour , when someone thinks of china they dont think of J-20 as not many people know about that (Not insulting)

Forget China's spacewalk, J-20, and AESA destroyer. How about Three Gorges Dam, world's fastest supercomputer, world's fastest train, and monthly satellite launches?

Let's say you're right and most people have never heard of China's spacewalk, J-20 Mighty Dragon stealth fighter, and Type 052C AESA-equipped destroyer.

Do you think people have heard about China's marvelous engineering at the Three Gorges Dam (which generates 21 times the electricity of Hoover Dam), China's world's-fastest supercomputer last year, world's-fastest bullet train at 380km/hour, and a rocket launch every month (see citations below)?

----------

Three Gorges Dam generates the electricity of 21 Hoover Dams

The Hoover Dam on the Colorado River is an American icon. It generates a massive 4 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity each year. Astonishingly, China's Three Gorges Dam produces the electricity of 21 Hoover Dams at 84.7 billion kilowatt-hours.

chinathreegorgesdam000b.jpg

China's Three Gorges Dam is "the world's largest electricity-generating plant of any kind."

hooverdamn.jpg

"One of the nation's best-known engineering marvels, the Hoover Dam"

China fills Three Gorges Dam to capacity - CNN

"China fills Three Gorges Dam to capacity
October 26, 2010|By the CNN Wire Staff

China's Three Gorges Dam, the world's largest water project, was fully filled Tuesday, state media said.

The water level hit the dam's design capacity of 175 meters (574 feet) at 9 a.m. Tuesday, said the corporation that developed the dam.

The 175-meter milestone will "enable the project to fulfill its functions of flood control, power generation, navigation and water diversion to the full," said Cao Guangjing, chairman of the China Three Gorges Corporation.

When the dam in central China reaches full generating capacity next year, it will produce 84.7 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity, the Xinhua news agency said. That's enough to meet Beijing's needs for a year.

By comparison, the United States' Hoover Dam produces about 4 billion kilowatt-hours each year, enough to serve 1.3 million people in Nevada, Arizona, and California.

The 2,309-meter-wide (1.4 mile-wide) Three Gorges project, built in the upper-middle reaches of China's longest river, began storing water in 2003. Water is diverted to the parched farmlands and cities of China's north.

The Yangtze River has been responsible for some of the worst floods on record, with hundreds of thousands of people killed over the past century alone. The Three Gorges Dam relieves 15 million people and 1.5 million hectares of farmland in the Jianghan Plain from the threat of flood, the developer says.

Critics say the dam worsens pollution by trapping sewage and industrial waste. They also warn that an accident or natural disaster could create a catastrophe in the densely populated region. Smaller dams could have met China's needs, critics say.

An estimated 1.2 million people had to move to make way for the Three Gorges, which inundated 632 square kilometers (244 square miles) of land. Historians decried the loss of centuries of relics and antiquities, and the loss of a way of life for myriad rural residents in hundreds of villages, towns and cities."

----------

Build world's-fastest supercomputer. (Unmatched computer technology)

----------

Build world's-fastest bullet trains that travel an average of 380 kph. (Amazing mechanical engineering)

----------

Launch a record 15 rocket/satellite launches in 2010 without a single failure. (Test of rocket reliability technology)

Back
Top Bottom