What's new

The 2010 FIFA World Cup!

Well if you give us the SUBMARINES we will support germany :coffee:

I personally would like to see , Argentina vs England and maradona in mix but even Argentina vs Germany in quarter finals would be nice

I got no problems with giving them to you

Argentine vs Brazil would be a great match to see!! :AGREE:

In next matches between top 16 there will be extra time if there is a draw?

yes..first the extra time and still if there is no result then the penalty shoot out and then sudden death..and it continues,until a result is achived..

yes..first the extra time and still if there is no result then the penalty shoot out and then sudden death..and it continues,until a result is achived..

So no draw in England Vs Germany. If England will win it will be like winning the cup for them.

South Korea and Uruguay played a very intense and good game!

I am happy for Uruguay (since I have 2 of their players at Fantasy Football :D)

Now tonight I'm torn. I am pro Ghana, since it is the last African team and they have been a very likable team.
On the other hand I will be in the US in less than one week and would like them to go ahead to the quarter-finals so the party is still on when I get there! :D And they are also a surprise to even get that far of course!

So no draw in England Vs Germany. If England will win it will be like winning the cup for them.

its a very special game for both of us. Although for Germany, Italy is arch enemy we still have a "special" football relationship with England. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow, beer is ready :)

Last edited:
Ghana leads US 1-0

GO Africa... goooo.... get the yankees out of the tournament.

Do you think that the penalty for Ghana by referee was right decision?

South Korea and Uruguay played a very intense and good game!

I am happy for Uruguay (since I have 2 of their players at Fantasy Football :D)

Now tonight I'm torn. I am pro Ghana, since it is the last African team and they have been a very likable team.
On the other hand I will be in the US in less than one week and would like them to go ahead to the quarter-finals so the party is still on when I get there! :D And they are also a surprise to even get that far of course!

its a very special game for both of us. Also for Germany, Italy is arch enemy we still have a "special" football relationship with England. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow, beer is ready :)

ayinger+weizen.gif

Vs

3364413806_8c256502b3.jpg

:):agree:

I actually opted for this:
bitburger.jpg

Go Go Germanyyy!

1782z.jpg

brdfusballi.jpg

deutschlandfussballaufk.jpg

Giant Football in inner city of my hometown:
viewfotocommunity100561.jpg

England vs. Germany Preview, 2010 FIFA World Cup
England vs. Germany Preview, 2010 FIFA World Cup | Bleacher Report
Date: Saturday, June 27th. 10 a.m. ET by Chris Bennett Contributor

England (Group C runner-up) vs. Germany (Group D winner)

Only the second match in the knockout stage and fans will be given a treat. A showdown of two world powers and potential World Cup champions. Both England and Germany had less than stellar group performances, but that is in the past.

After a underwhelming performance against Algeria, English fans were irate. Everyone from Wayne Rooney to coach Fabio Capello were on the hot seat. Those frustrations were not silenced with the team's 1-0 win over Slovenia, and England is under the gun to advance.

The big guns need to wake up and contribute for England to advance. Rooney is still scoreless, and his shot off the post in the Slovenia game shows he is close to breaking out. The highly talented midfield, led by captain Steven Gerrard, also needs to turn it on. The silver lining for England was its defensive performances in the group stage. A bit shaky in 2006, the defense allowed no goals (I am not counting Robert Green's fumbled goal to the US).

Germany is again primed for a run, or are they? The Germans have made it to the final eight in the last four World Cups and after their first game looked to be real contenders for the Cup. Then their loss to Serbia put that into question. Talented but young, the Germans need to play consistent, efficient ball. The return of Miroslav Klose will help out.

Key Players:

England : Wayne Rooney : Rooney is overdue. Going all three games without a real presence is not typical for the Manchester forward. Jermain Defoe seems to be a good companion up top and he should break out of his shell this weekend.

Germany: Phillip Lahm: The youngest captain to ever play for Germany, Lahm has shown why he was chosen to replace the iconic Michael Ballack. Lahm is all over the field, aiding in scoring drives and making key defensive stops when Germany needs him. He will need to help keep Wayne Rooney in check while pushing up and delivering the ball from the corners. If Lahm can run free and play his game, Germany will be in good shape.

Prediction: Both teams are talented and both are capable of winning. Although England barely got out of the group stage, its experience and talent as well as a break out game from Wayne Rooney see it through with a 2-1 win. Germany is a great team but just a bit too young. Look for them to come back and dominate in Brazil in 2014.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom