What's new

The 11th Anniversary of 9/11

Fatman17 just insulted me as an American...Pakistan, eh? Wonder if they have a consulate close by....

552158_432766883425643_1482072109_n.jpg
Perhaps I should react the same way they did 9/11

No. As an American, you must be better than that.

Stupidity combined with arrogance and a huge ego has been the downfall of most great empires, so learn from history and drop the superior complexity.

9/11 was a tragedy but... How on earth could these terrorists know how to fly Boeing 76/57s? To my knowledge, no African/Middle Eastern airlines use them.

I try to remain neutral on this subject but... I think we all know what 9/11 really was...
They were flight students to start. It does not matter if any airlines fly what aircraft. What mattered is that they learned from US on how to fly.

Flight licenses are graduated. First you learn for a private license, in which you are qualified for Visual Flight Rules (VFR), then Instruments, then Solo. But you are not licensed for a commercial license, even though you may be fully capable of flying some cargo. Then you learn and license for multi-engines. And so on...

You gain experience BEFORE you are licensed. It make logical sense. You have to prove to the licensing authority that you can fly via instruments before they can publicly declare that you can do so. You have to prove to the licensing authority that you can take off and land safely before they can publicly declare that you can do so. And so on...

Now...If all you desire to fly from point A with no landing at all, then what is the point of learning how to land a large airliner anywhere? All you have to do is learn how to take off in one. Back in WW II, the Japanese kamikazes learned how to take off, not land.

Back
Top Bottom