What's new

Thanks to india Rs.2.84-lakh cancer drug will soon cost just Rs. 8,880

Ignore the fool borther. these fools are some times needed to teach other how every one should not behave, he serves a good example for a bad apple

I understand dude..but he is literally talking non sense and I guess he has not even understood the benefits to mankind bcoz of this action taken by India..he is just posting the same thing..

What has this to do with our nearly good for nothing research labs & its highly paid scientists?

Dear samrat,

We are not paid handsomely... We have to gain a lot of experience before getting hike i payment.. In my organization for M. Pharm fresher gets 15.5 k per month.. M.Pharm, PhD fresher gets 27-30k per month.. thats not too much as owing to 9 to 14 hours hard work in labs...

then costs will increase when they establish a monopoly. Greed consumes most of the private owners when they are flooded with too much of money.

I am for a result oriented funding.I don't know how pharma industry works, but this is what I propose....Like if a lab comes up with a concept for a new drug, the Govt should fund its development in return for complete or partial control of its marketing and pricing.

people die without food too. Why doesn't Indians rob German of their food too and give them token 2 rupees.
Theft is theft.

Why don't Germans file patent for it in India?? In fact why don't you advice them to do so.. Even Pfizer which is largest Industry in world make generic products...

Super stupid Aramsogo ,what have the above mentioned comment have to do in this thread?

Why don't Germans file patent for it in India?? In fact why don't you advice them to do so.. Even Pfizer which is largest Industry in world make generic products...

It can't be generic if it's still under patent. Generic is for expired patents.

Dear samrat,

We are not paid handsomely... We have to gain a lot of experience before getting hike i payment.. In my organization for M. Pharm fresher gets 15.5 k per month.. M.Pharm, PhD fresher gets 27-30k per month.. thats not too much as owing to 9 to 14 hours hard work in labs...

If I don't mind asking did any Indian lab came up with a new drug like the one under discussion now?

Also 15,000 is not a bad salary for a fresher.

Reuters:

The Bayer ruling is likely to unnerve international pharmaceutical companies that see emerging markets like India as a major growth opportunity, but remain worried about intellectual property protection in such countries.

UPDATE 6-Pfizer scraps insulin deal with India's Biocon

Its them who look at us for growth not we....these people in Europe have become lazy...they invent (buy from original inventor) something, patent it and live rest of their life on royally ..Patent holders charge abnormally high as they know there is no monopoly prevention act against them…I understand the cost of invention, but there has to be some limit as how long the patent will remain obligatory on others…Its not like that the generics are easily made available, they(companies who produce them but don’t have the patent) too spend time and money on R&D, still they manage to sell the product at 1/100th the cost that Patent holders sells and that too by keeping profit margin of more than 33%....so what else u want to know? Its like, US/Russ had invented Nukes so no other country can produce nuke…if done, it’s a theft!

Can someone explain what this compulsary license is? How can it be used to by-pass patents of drugs?

A compulsory license, also known as statutory license or mandatory collective management, provides that the owner of a patent or copyright licenses the use of their rights against payment either set by law or determined through some form of arbitration.
Many patent law systems provide for the granting of compulsory licenses in a variety of situations. The Paris Convention of 1883 provides that each contracting State may take legislative measures for the grant of compulsory licenses.

Its simply like use our name and manufacture and market. For it pay agreed amount of market share per anum.

This will help you
http://www.genengnews.com/gen-news-...ayer-s-nexavar-cancer-drug-to-natco/81246489/

Bloomberg:

Bayer (BAYRY) is “disappointed” with India’s decision to issue a compulsory license, the company said in an e-mailed statement. “We will evaluate our options to further defend our international property rights in India.”

Bayer, Apple, Trademarks Rise, News Corp, Allergan: Intellectual Property - Bloomberg

A thief that Ctrl+C Ctrl+V then brags about it. That's "India Shining".
you are a disgrace to True Chinese who are seeing the future as the time of the east. Trolling has been a mantra for you.

The reason this case has so many people in the 1st world rattled is its granting of a compulsory license on a non-commutable disease like cancer. For commutable diseases you can argue there is some world public health benefit to the original patent holder if HIV or SARS is stopped. For expensive non-commutable diseases like cancer their is no such public health benefit.

Copying drugs is easy. It's 19th century organic chemistry. If I were China, I would not pay higher prices if the Indians are stealing. Before long, no more new cancer drugs (just like there are hundreds of unprofitable diseases now with no cures). Thanks India (sarcasm).

A compulsory license, also known as statutory license or mandatory collective management, provides that the owner of a patent or copyright licenses the use of their rights against payment either set by law or determined through some form of arbitration.
Many patent law systems provide for the granting of compulsory licenses in a variety of situations. The Paris Convention of 1883 provides that each contracting State may take legislative measures for the grant of compulsory licenses.

Its simply like use our name and manufacture and market. For it pay agreed amount of market share per anum.

This will help you
GEN | News Highlights:Big Biopharma Shudders as India Orders Compulsory Licensing for Bayer Cancer Drug

Back
Top Bottom