What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

But dont forget in turkey salaries of technican engineer workers etc. very less then usa and other countries...

I read it as 15 as well, and we're not ready to produce the planes atm are we ? if they invest 5,7 billion TL every year for 15 years and we expect 12 planes a year we'll end up with 180 planes. usd exchange ration is 5, so every plane will cost around 95 mio. usd.

or am I wrong.

I'd say unit cost of $100mil per plane would be a good ballpark figure till we get more accurate costs as project progresses into LRIP within next decade....

15 years is the estimated date for factory to start operating. It could be pretty successful project if we start producing MMU in 2033, and start accepting platforms into Airforce in 2034/2035.

Haven't heard any news on the TF-X in a while, anyone know the latest developments?

hurjet-son.png

There is a CGI of Hurjet showing a targeting pod. Not sure if it is beneath port intake or centreline.

@Combat-Master I will utilize your brilliant sig/quote.

"The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question.. it's to post the wrong answer."
- Cunningham's Law

The TF-X has been cancelled! :woot:

P.S. The Hurjet is looking like a sweet trainer, that can also be used for light attack in a pinch

Dassault Claims TAI PLM Order is the Biggest of the Year and a Win-Back from Siemens

Asking questions like who is the “greatest”, “best” or “most beautiful" always arouses strong emotions, no matter the topic. PLM is no exception.

When Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) recently announced their purchase of a digital twin solution from Siemens PLM, engineering.com noted that "this is one of the largest global PLM orders so far this year."

This is true, says Dassault Systèmes' Aerospace & Defense manager David Ziegler, but with a caveat.

“Certainly, Siemens received a big order, but the order we took on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform for the development of the TF-X fighter aircraft is significantly greater,” Ziegler said. “We talk about a value of approximately 50 million euros (about $58 million USD) over 10 years, only in software. If you include implementation, maintenance and services, we’re talking about a total of about 60 million euros (close to $70 million).” This is significantly more than the $13-14 million that Siemens discussed.

First, a summary of TAI’s big PLM order. According to engineering.com’s estimates, the order for Siemens is worth around $13-14 million, extending over 11 years.

All in all, TAI has placed $85 million worth of PLM-related orders within a short period of time. This may seem like big money, but there are certain perspectives that change this impression. For example, the breakdown in annual PLM investment amounts to about $8.5 million. In light of TAI’s 2017 total revenue of about $1.9 billion, this PLM investment represents less than half a percent.

https://www.engineering.com/PLMERP/...-of-the-Year-and-a-Win-Back-from-Siemens.aspx

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom