What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

How it became four-dimensional? Did you mis-wrote it? The fourth dimension is "the time".

Just quote inspector spacetime, but your are right it's the wrong term. It's two dimensional.

It's only up/down, which with 2 engines gives 2 dimensions of control (pitch and roll). The engine's exhausts are actually circular, but they have added IR shields which double as the thrust vectoring surfaces.

I have seen a documentation of F-22 engine. Vector thrust skewing from left to right and up and down.

Just quote inspector spacetime, but your are right it's the wrong term. It's two dimensional.

I have seen a documentation of F-22 engine. Vector thrust skewing from left to right and up and down.

You just contradicted yourself. You said it's 2 dimensional, then said it has left-right and up-down vectoring, which would make it 3 dimensional. You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

You just contradicted yourself. You said it's 2 dimensional, then said it has left-right and up-down vectoring, which would make it 3 dimensional. You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

2 dimensional: length and width / up and down as left and right in our case
3 dimensional: length, width and depth

As I said, my post was regarded to my quoting. Again, I used the wrong term 3 dimensional. You should better read @Hexciter 's reply.

The number of dimensions of a thrust vectoring system is determined by the number of degrees of freedom that can be controlled with the system.
So if there was one engine and it could turn up/down, it could only control the pitch of the aircraft. That is 1D.
If there was one engine and it could turn up/down and left/right, it could control the pitch and the yaw. That is 2D.
If there were two independent engines and both could turn up/down and left/right it could control the pitch, yaw and roll of the aircraft. That is 3D.
So in this case, yes the F-22 does have 3D thrust vectoring. Because it has two 2-D thrust vectoring engines (1st D = up/down, 2nd D = left/right) that can function independent of each other and thus make up a 3D system.

img_0870-jpg.420487

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/paki...ance-uav-programs.505322/page-18#post-9796278

As I said, my post was regarded to my quoting. Again, I used the wrong term 3 dimensional. You should better read @Hexciter 's reply.
You boy, talking about different dimension.

Wrong again. Stop arguing about things you don't know anything about.
Why are you guys arguing about the semantics of it all? I was the one that said 4 dimensional, I may have used the wrong analogy here, but within the context of the discussion it's easy to understand what were are discussing about.

The number of dimensions of a thrust vectoring system is determined by the number of degrees of freedom that can be controlled with the system.
So if there was one engine and it could turn up/down, it could only control the pitch of the aircraft. That is 1D.
If there was one engine and it could turn up/down and left/right, it could control the pitch and the yaw. That is 2D.
If there were two independent engines and both could turn up/down and left/right it could control the pitch, yaw and roll of the aircraft. That is 3D.
So in this case, yes the F-22 does have 3D thrust vectoring. Because it has two 2-D thrust vectoring engines (1st D = up/down, 2nd D = left/right) that can function independent of each other and thus make up a 3D system.
But both engine's of the F-22 seem to be only be able to go up/down though. The Russian SU-30MKM also only seems to be 2 directional, but each engine is canted at an angle:

According to the Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_Su-57#Engines, The T-50 will use engines with similar thrust vectoring to the Su-30MKM.
Quote from Wiki: "The two 117 engines incorporate thrust vectoring (TVC) nozzles whose rotational axes are each canted at an angle, similar to the nozzle arrangement of the Su-35S. This configuration allows the aircraft to produce thrust vectoring moments about all three rotational axes, pitch, yaw and roll."
Wonder if the F-22's configuration can produce thrust vectoring to all three rotational axes.

Pardon ... but since when is the TVC-version of the RD-33 "mass-produced" ?

It is related to the omnidirectional nozzles refferring to Klimov's website, Klimov is supplier for Russian aircraft engine industry. EJ-2000 can also upgraded with multidirectional nozzles, depends on who supplies them.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom