What's new

Tesla sold 35,478 vehicles in March, smashing China monthly sales record

F-22Raptor

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
Tesla nearly doubled its sales in China from February to March, recording their best monthly sales total since Giga Shanghai officially began production in January 2020.

According to figures just released from the China Passenger Car Association (CPCA), Tesla sold 35,478 vehicles in March. That is an increase of nearly 94% compared to February where Tesla sold 18,318 in the 28-day month.

The strong sales figures also set a new watermark for Tesla in China. Previously their best sales month was in December 2020 when 23,804 vehicles were handed over to new owners.

Part of the reason for the increase in sales is the introduction of the Model Y in China. Demand has been high since its launch in January, with delivery times now extending into June.

https://driveteslacanada.ca/news/te...-china-with-more-the-35k-units-sold-in-march/

Tesla nearly doubled its sales in China from February to March, recording their best monthly sales total since Giga Shanghai officially began production in January 2020.

According to figures just released from the China Passenger Car Association (CPCA), Tesla sold 35,478 vehicles in March. That is an increase of nearly 94% compared to February where Tesla sold 18,318 in the 28-day month.

The strong sales figures also set a new watermark for Tesla in China. Previously their best sales month was in December 2020 when 23,804 vehicles were handed over to new owners.

Part of the reason for the increase in sales is the introduction of the Model Y in China. Demand has been high since its launch in January, with delivery times now extending into June.

https://driveteslacanada.ca/news/te...-china-with-more-the-35k-units-sold-in-march/

Well, this is a difficult number for some to see. I was told 2 months ago, it was the beginning of the end for Tesla in China.

Market big enough for many players. If want greener transport does not matter who dominates.

all ev companies in china had good sales in march

all ev companies in china had good sales in march

But I was told it was the end for Tesla in China. :lol:

But I was told it was the end for Tesla in China. :lol:

US and UK citizens used to take everything and laugh at others.
Now the Chinese (and others around the world) take everything and laugh.

Not sure why a US citizen would laugh about the Chinese consuming everything but I will try as a Canadian.

"haha look the Chinese, Arabs, Indians, Germans and others have everything haha."

Nope, not very funny. More fun to get the new stuff.

Tesla is dominating, and they continue to ramp Model Y in China:D
Respect. Tesla is unstoppable. Look at the shares of chinese EV carmakers: falling like stones. Time to dump chinese stocks. There is a prediction Tesla may be worth 3 trillion USD. Simply crazy.

Look at the shares of chinese EV carmakers. Falling like stones.

Their share prices are actually closely following the market leader, which is Tesla. All EV shares saw a major correction in Feb/Mar.

Respect. Tesla is unstoppable. Look at the shares of chinese EV carmakers: falling like stones. Time to dump chinese stocks. There is a prediction Tesla may be worth 3 trillion USD. Simply crazy.

Tesla will become a $5-10 trillion company by 2030, and I have seen compelling models of $10-15 trillion. Tesla is in multiple multi trillion dollar TAMs. Automotive, energy, software, insurance, Full Self Driving, Insurance.

Tesla is a once in a generation company and probably the safest 10X+ company by 2030. Once you do your research on Tesla, your mind will be blown.

Their share prices are actually closely following the market leader, which is Tesla. All EV shares saw a major correction in Feb/Mar.
Yes and no
Tesla performs much better, inline with US technology stocks.
All major chinese stocks from alibaba to Byd suffer a heavy blow.

Anyone pointing to a relatively successful company and saying it's the end for them is usually wrong. That said, I expect Tesla to be the more popular until Chinese companies develop a comparable product. Apple used to dominate the Chinese market for smart phones but now holds only a small percentage while Chinese brands fill the bulk of demand.

Anyone pointing to a relatively successful company and saying it's the end for them is usually wrong. That said, I expect Tesla to be the more popular until Chinese companies develop a comparable product. Apple used to dominate the Chinese market for smart phones but now holds only a small percentage while Chinese brands fill the bulk of demand.

No one is close to catching Tesla, and manufacturing a smartphone is much simpler than an EV.

Yes and no
Tesla performs much better, inline with US technology stocks.
All major chinese stocks from alibaba to Byd suffer a heavy blow.

Which is great for me lol. Just bought some of them because I'm bullish on China's economy in the long term.

They are trading at half of S&P 500's PE ratio despite growing double digit for the past few years, and still having massive growth potential ahead.

Back
Top Bottom