What's new

Terry Glavin: If Pakistan didn’t scare you before, it should now

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what you call, damned if you do and damned if you don't. The west kept crying that Pakistan should not focus on Inida, and now that they have shifted the focus, they are using that as saying "OMG, Militants must be winning there".

Geez...

First of all there is no official confirmation that ISI has indeed said that.

Junk time.... waste of PDF space.

what so wrong with the artilce. i totally agree with it. if USA will help us for yet another year, then it will also convince us for strategic level decisions,

like for example,

1.recognition of israel,
2.stopping any present work over second strike capability, or production of any more nucler material.

the americans are not kids. why do WE think that they need to make a warholica , starving child like pakistan and that too on the other part of the world to be a NON NATO ally.

ps: all pakistanis can now tag me as "paid" disinformant or a jihadi terrorist. my request, open your eyes. pakistan is on the brink of extinction.

Well written Article..BuT It will hardly affect the decisions of policymakers sitting in Islamabad.

Terry Glavin: If Pakistan didn’t scare you before, it should now

see link:-

Terry Glavin: If Pakistan didn’t scare you before, it should now | Full Comment | National Post

The Sound of Pennies Dropping:

1. Pakistan’s main spy agency says homegrown Islamist militants have overtaken the Indian army as the greatest threat to national security, a finding with potential ramifications for relations between the two rival South Asian nations and for the U.S.-led war in Afghanistan. A recent internal assessment of security by the Inter-Services Intelligence, Pakistan’s powerful military spy agency, determined that for the first time in 63 years, it expects a majority of threats to come from Islamist militants, according to a senior ISI officer.

2. Much now depends on the ability of the government and its foreign allies to bring relief to flood victims. Tens of thousands of Pakistani troops and virtually the army’s entire helicopter fleet are now involved in the effort. But its resources are way overstretched, and for months to come the army is unlikely to be in a position to even hold the areas along the Afghan border that it has recently won back from the militants, let alone initiate any new campaigns against the Taliban. That means the war in Afghanistan is about to become even more bloody.

3. Pakistan has taken an awfully long time to understand that it faces an unprecedented terrorist threat that is not a result of conspiracies hatched in Washington, New Delhi or Tel-Aviv, as many in the public believe, but that is the result of the Pakistani state’s nurturing of extremist groups since the 1970s.

4. There appears to be a deeper reason that the global community is not responding as generously to Pakistan today: that country’s rampant corruption and links to Islamic terrorism. Quite simply, there is grave suspicion that aid will end up in the wrong hands: those of the Taliban.

National Post

Journalist, author and blogger Terry Glavin is an adjunct professor of creative writing at the University of British Columbia and editor of Transmontanus Books. He was awarded the 2009 B.C. Lieutenant-Governor’s Award for Literary Excellence.

Journalist, author and blogger Terry Glavin is an adjunct professor of creative writing at the University of British Columbia and editor of Transmontanus Books. He was awarded the 2009 B.C. Lieutenant-Governor’s Award for Literary Excellence.
------------
That explains

Another crap article to create hysteria against Pakistan. And we say that hawks exist only in our countries. :no:

Quite Simply: Bull Sh1T..............I believe my stance on this piece of trash has been explained quite clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom