What's new

Tendulkar's world-record 200

wellll if any guy plays 500 odi one day he can get 200 runs but saeed anwar 194 i stilll bellieve one of the best odi nothing takinf away from tendulkar but saeed played just 280 half games of tendulkar and tendulkar manage to get around 170 5 times but saeed was better i think but sachin is maestro for sure

I agreed on few things Saeed Anwer still on top in front of me because Saeed Anwer score 194 against India. And Match between Pakistan and India you guyz knows about situation and feelings and pressure as compare to south Africa Tendulkar score + (ON HOME GROUND) Saeed Anwer score against India IN INDIAN GROUND. So its a huge difference between both scores. Anyway good work both of them!

relax guys, even if sachin scores 300 in odi and 500 in test match, you will still face trolling from the trolls.
do you think sachin needs certificate from these trolls to prove that he is the best player cricket world got now.

I perfer pitches that offer some swing , some movement some height and some speed ...

I presonally love Australian pitches , which offer more to bowlers
Most Pakistanis prefer that, just like most Indians prefer flat tracks. Every country in the World prepares pitches that suit their players. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to produce a bowling track in Pakistan (except Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore) so you don't see Pakistani bowlers breaking record after record at home.

Of course this particular pitch was also very flat (when a team scores 401 runs, it's difficult to say it wasn't). However, scoring 200 runs in an ODI Cricket innings is a feat only one man has managed so far, and he must get 100% credit for it. Flat track or no flat track, Tendulkar friggin rocks.

Oh, and I saw people bad-mouthing Inzimam in another thread. It's sad that even after producing quality players like Tendulkar, some Indians won't let their cheap mentality go. Inzi was a heckuva player, and as a Pakistani, he is as big of an icon to me as Tandulkar is to you. The least you can do is appreciate talent and class, rather than whining like little b*tches.

I congratulate all indians! Sachin really deserved the record. At 36 years to smash 200* in the 50 over format is no easy task.

Oh, and I saw people bad-mouthing Inzimam in another thread. It's sad that even after producing quality players like Tendulkar, some Indians won't let their cheap mentality go. Inzi was a heckuva player, and as a Pakistani, he is as big of an icon to me as Tandulkar is to you. The least you can do is appreciate talent and class, rather than whining like little b*tches.

Whenever I think of Inzamam, I remember three things -

1. His violent outburst against an Indian fan in Toronto.
2. The manner in which he used to get run out.
3. His hit-wicket dismissal.

Other than that, I think he was a cool person and a good cricketer.

As far as the icon of Pakistani cricket is concerned, that honor should definitely go to Wasim Akram. What a bowler! What a sportsman!

The best batsman South Asia has produced - Sachin Tendulkar.
The best bowler South Asia has produced - Wasim Akram.

Congrats to Sachin , fine innings , he scored his score in ODI , I must admit that the pitch was flat , even South Africans were scoring large but what can you say ... the pitches in India are unpridictable

TEST and ODI is something else 20/20 can't match class with TEST/ODI

Would you like to congratulate the Indian bowlers, who made this FLAT pitch UNPREDICTABLE. :azn: :partay:

has anybody watched Dhoni's expressions when Sachin denied the second run?

Last over > second ball > Dhoni pulled the ball towards the square leg > fielded by SA player > Dhoni wants two but Sachin denied (he was on 199)

Do any one have that video? I came to know that Dhoni was pretty unhappy after Sachin's denial for second run. :undecided:

I don't think any record is unbreakable. Records are made to be broken. I hope that if this record is broke, it's done by Pakistani cricketer. I firmly believe that Saeed Anwars 194 (5 6's , 22 4's ) against India in 1997(Chennai) came at a time when such scores were not imagined possible. .There was no T20 at that time so no one knew a way forward for such a score.

Would you like to congratulate the Indian bowlers, who made this FLAT pitch UNPREDICTABLE. :azn: :partay:

has anybody watched Dhoni's expressions when Sachin denied the second run?

Last over > second ball > Dhoni pulled the ball towards the square leg > fielded by SA player > Dhoni wants two but Sachin denied (he was on 199)

Do any one have that video? I came to know that Dhoni was pretty unhappy after Sachin's denial for second run. :undecided:

already Sachin can't run quickly so he stays with singles...!

What about this...?

Last over > fifth ball > Dhoni played down the leg side stopped by Amla i think but Sachin wont take that single:smitten:

Nicely done.

Good thing it was sachin who broke saeed anwars record and not some one random from newzeland or australia.

I don't think any record is unbreakable. Records are made to be broken. I hope that if this record is broke, it's done by Pakistani cricketer. I firmly believe that Saeed Anwars 194 (5 6's , 22 4's ) against India in 1997(Chennai) came at a time when such scores were not imagined possible. .There was no T20 at that time so no one knew a way forward for such a score.

IVA Richards 189* 170 21 5 111.17 West Indies v England Manchester 31 May 1984 ODI # 264

N Kapil Dev 175* 138 16 6 126.81 India v Zimbabwe Tunbridge Wells 18 Jun 1983 ODI # 216

GM Turner 171* 201 16 2 85.07 New Zealand v East Africa Birmingham 7 Jun 1975 ODI # 20

Previous Record Holder ha ha ha it is only of the mightiest innings..

Congrats, Sachin!

When Charles Coventry was hovering in the 180s against Bangladesh, I voiced my fear that Saeed Anwar’s record seemed in danger of being broken. In response, a friend said, “Bah! Don’t get too attached to records, it’s a sign of mediocrity.” While it was some consolation that Coventry didn’t actually break the record – he equalled it – the gloss was still removed from that proud feeling that my countryman held the world record for the highest individual ODI score. That too, one of the finest left-handed batsmen of his time, and there’s no hiding the fact that his feat was made extra-special owing to the fact that he scored the runs against India.

Once again, as Sachin Tendulkar reached 150 against South Africa, my fellow sports fan at Dawn.com and I gave each other nervous, knowing looks. He said that whenever Tendulkar reaches 150 (he has done it on no less than three previous occasions!), he starts getting anxious.

We stopped working when Tendulkar got to 160 and started calling and texting friends to inform them that Saeed bhai’s record was under threat from the master-blaster. And as he reached 180, with almost eight overs to spare, we had resigned ourselves to the fact that Tendulkar was on his way to another record.

So when he did it, there was nothing left to do but stand up and applaud the monstrous effort. I mean, if there is anyone who deserves to hold the record, it’s Tendulkar. I’d rather have Tendulkar break Anwar’s record than any other batsman, especially if that batsman is an Indian. How would I have felt, for example, if Sourav Ganguly had done it? (Apologies to Indian fans, but that guy was really annoying). Or, for that matter, would my feelings have been as bittersweet if Coventry had actually broken the record?

The fact that Tendulkar smashed his way past Anwar’s grand total against a highly respected South African side – albeit on a cemented Gwalior pitch where the Protean bowlers averaged eight short-pitched deliveries per over – made the accomplishment even more commendable. I even found myself getting mad at M.S. Dhoni for taking most of the strike after Tendulkar had crossed 194, reducing his chances of making a double ton. Who makes 200 runs in an ODI, anyway?

Watching Tendulkar break Anwar’s record was surreal. It was also heartbreaking at times. But most of all, it was fantastic! Really, Sachin ala re bhaiya!

The Dawn Blog Blog Archive Congrats, Sachin!

^^^ I was watching the match in which COVENTRY equalled the record of great saeed anwar... i was like "what the hell" ... i always wanted any asian to do the JOB....but never thought SACHIN will do it...

I don't think any record is unbreakable. Records are made to be broken.

but this record will be remembered
deprive numerous attempts(late 180s & 190s)
Its the first time in one dayers anyone reached the 200..so it will be remembered...
World always remember first person to reach the milestone & noone remembers the second
{eg : world knows Neil Armstrong was first to land on moon .....but do world remember the second person to land on moon ???}

~~~snip~~
I perfer pitches that offer some swing , some movement some height and some speed ...

~~~snipped~~

Naw dub gaya, phirbhi nehin utrenge.. (The boat is sinking, but won't climb down from my mast)

BTW, no pitch in the world offers swing...

Any pitch where my team wins is a good pitch...

That is why I agree with you.. Australian pitches are also good.. Because last time we played there, we white washed Australia in the best of three tri-series finals, in the Australian pitches...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom