What's new

Tempest | the UK's Next Generation Fighter | Updates & Discussions

If you persist on saying such silly things, then people will simply not take seriously what you are saying ... Russia is dying as a nation, just look at the chart for their population and economy.. you have nerve to say that the UK is declining relative to Russia.. you are a silly little fella... The Ruskies are drinking themselves to death ..

Japan is not rising.. it has stalled ... look at the charts of their economic performance!! They have a much larger economy than the UK and have deeper pockets for sure. But, Rising is very different from "stalled". I am not saying the UK is rising, it, like most developed countries like France, Italy, Germany and Japan are stalled.. with a narrow band of growth..

S Korea is rising yes .... but they will NEVER over take the UK ever... what makes you think they will ?????? Once a country reaches a developed status like the UK/France/Germany, it will see a decrease in growth rate as there is only so much growth opportunity.

The only countries that are "rising" from your statement are China, and Turkey and both from low and medium levels to developed status.

Do some research !!
I am not being silly, you are. You are still living in 1930s when sun never used to set on British empire. Now you are nothing more than a small island. 80% of your economy is services only. For your kind information Russia is a giant. When Russian potential will be unfolded your mouth will open in awe. They have millions and millions of square kilometers of untapped resources, what do you have ? Stop living in the 30s and 40s. You have a beautiful past but a mediocre future.

tempest_02.JPG
tempest_01.JPG

Some speculative measurements based on the early mockups. The side view looks good. I do wonder if it will have TVC ( and why not have engine outlike nozzles like the F22 ? )

Last edited:
A few things stand out to me, besides the fact that it looks pretty cool even though it is a mockup.

1) First thing I noticed is that it's not a tailless design, but an "elevator-less" one, or one that doesn't have horizontal stabilizers. None of the current 5th gens out there to date are like that, not even the J-20 since it's canards basically function almost exactly like H-stabs. The only other platform that was anywhere close to this design was the YF-23, except that had full stabilators that were angled a lot more than the canted stabs on this aircraft.

2) The other very cool aspect is what he mentioned that it can be operated in the manned or unmanned scenario. This is definitely something new that hasn't been done yet.

3) They're looking for partners for the program which is interesting. So they're going about it in a similar fashion as the joint strike fighter program of the F-35 which makes a lot of sense in this day and age. It will be interesting to see who those partners end up being.

If they are looking for partners then it is good opportunity for India.

Absolutely fantastic news. This has made my day today!!! very happy.

As long as we keep the French and Germans away from this project, it has a good chance of success.

We have the core technology for Airframes, Engines(!!), Flight Avionics, Flight Control systems and with Leonardo we can ge the required radar tech.

The approach will be progressive with key systems that will be developed and tested on the Typhoon first. Hopefully they develop a pure airframe with flight control system and get that going soon to iron out the aerodynamic bugs/refinement while the systems are developed seperately and bought together near the end in an integration effort. The proposed sysyems will take some time to develop given the sophistication they are looking to achieve.

View attachment 486498 View attachment 486499 View attachment 486500 View attachment 486501 View attachment 486502 View attachment 486503 View attachment 486504
Over confidence is never good. It's just not about technology it's about economics too. Without these countries Britain has to sponsor all development costs

Looks like a medium size plane. Not Su-57 / J-20 / F-22 sized.

Anyway, it's just a concept.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom