What's new

Tejas nears missile test after I-Derby integration

theman111

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Israel
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/a...issile-test-after-i-derby-integration-439175/
  • 10 JULY, 2017
  • SOURCE: FLIGHTGLOBAL.COM
  • BY: ARIE EGOZI
  • TEL AVIV

Rafael has completed the integration of its I-Derby beyond-visual-range air-to-air missile on India’s Aeronautical Development Agency Tejas light combat aircraft, with a first test firing scheduled for the end of this year.

Yossi Horowitz, director of marketing and business development at the Israeli company’s air superiority systems division, says the I-Derby will become the Tejas fighter’s main air-to-air weapon following the completion of testing. India could also later equip its single-engined aircraft with Rafael’s latest extended-range (ER) version of the missile, he adds.

According to Rafael, the I-Derby ER has a range of up to 54nm (100km), with the weapon also carrying a new radar seeker. The missile can be deployed from a fighter’s rail launchers, or by using a “shove” pyrotechnic charge that jettisons it from a fuselage stores station before its rocket motor ignites.

Meanwhile, Rafael is also preparing to offer its Spike ER air-to-surface missile to meet an Indian requirement for helicopter-launched weapons. A previous tender failed to advance after potential bidders were unable to match New Delhi’s requested technical specifications. Rafael will offer the 4.3nm-range Spike ER in combination with a new launcher.
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/a...issile-test-after-i-derby-integration-439175/

Whats the use? Govt is going to scuttle this project in return for US India pact.

Anyways for this small amount we did develop a nice bird.

Are you for real?
Govt going for another single engine cause within 2025 most Migs will retire..That's a stopgap measure..
Air force has already ordered huge numbers of Tejas..

Tejas will go the Marut/Gnat way. 150 odd air frames(mk1 & mk1a) is not huge.

There is no plan for mk2 as of now.

Haha Israel having to save the junk fighter Tejas, you couldn't have made this up.

Haha Israel having to save the junk fighter Tejas, you couldn't have made this up.
Well we still don't have the skill set nor the technological expertise to paint a Chinese junk fighter with some cheap chinese paint in PAF colors and call it indigenous or jointly developed. India should definitely send some painters to Pak so you guys could teach em how to paint foreign fighters in indigenous colors and call it co-developed

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom