What's new

Technical education body gets autonomy

Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Technical education body gets autonomy
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government has awarded autonomy to technical education and vocational training agency and approved restructuring of the directorate of technical education.

The government renamed the agency as Technical Education and Vocational Training Authority (TEVTA) and granted it autonomous status in a meeting held here on Saturday with Chief Minister Pervez Khattak in the chair, said a handout.

The meeting decided that in future students of technical training would spend three days a week in a vocational centre to learn theory and three days in a factory for practical work. All admissions will be given on the basis of the demands of local industry and market.

The products of the under-training students will be marketed and the profit will be distributed among the students and institute on the basis of a fixed formula of 80:20 per cent.

At the end of the technical training, the graduates would be given employment in the relevant sector through local entrepreneurs.

The meeting also decided to vocationalise the schools throughout in province. The subject of technical training will be made compulsory from class 6th to class 8th.

The chief minister appreciated TEVTA team for implementing his directives and making considerable progress in a short span of time. He said that government would leave no stone unturned to provide the required funds TEVTA.

“Today the certificates and degrees of our technical education have no worth as no one takes care of its standard. If the situation remains the same, spending of millions of rupees fund is useless,” Mr Khattak said.

He said that he wanted spending of each and every penny of public exchequer in a transparent and result-oriented manner. He said that government was determined to prepare domestic skilled manpower for industrialists and investors, who intended to make investment there.

TEVTA Chairman Eng Nauman Wazir, Adviser to Chief Minister Rafaqatullah Babar, Chief Secretary Amjad Ali Khan, Additional Chief Secretary Khalid Pervez, Higher Education Secretary Farah Hamid, Law Secretary Mohammad Arifeen, Industries Secretary Mohammad Ali Shehzada, University of Engineering and Technology Vice-chancellor Syed Imtiaz Hussain Gilani, Islamia College University Vice-chancellor Dr Qibla Ayaz, University of Peshawar Vice-chancellor Dr Rasool Jan and Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Mohammad Ishfaq Khan besides other officials attended the meeting.

Technical education body gets autonomy - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

This is what we need to do, delegate authority, make autonomous institutions.

Soon Pakistan will also be churning out Engineers at a rate similar to India's. :P

Skilled manpower of Pak vs Skilled manpower of India- round one :D

Soon Pakistan will also be churning out Engineers at a rate similar to India's. :P

Skilled manpower of Pak vs Skilled manpower of India- round one :D

hope, we all start to think like competing economically, than being macho against each other !

Pakistan Zindabad !

Jai Hind !

hope, we all start to think like competing economically, than being macho against each other !

Pakistan Zindabad !

Jai Hind !
Oye aap ke munh me ghee shakar....par ye ki kitta??
You would be shredded to pieces for "Jai hind".

Oye aap ke munh me ghee shakar....par ye ki kitta??
You would be shredded to pieces for "Jai hind".

lol... nai yar, apart from some hyper nationalists, mostly wont mind it. close your eyes for a moment and think, if we dont fight with each other, rather watch each other's back against external competition, how great this would be to eradicate social problems, rather basic human rights related problems that we both countries face...

A defence pack between India-Pakistan would be great achievement..

lol... nai yar, apart from some hyper nationalists, mostly wont mind it. close your eyes for a moment and think, if we dont fight with each other, rather watch each other's back against external competition, how great this would be to eradicate social problems, rather basic human rights related problems that we both countries face...
Hmmm you got me into an introspection mode.
But how many of us actually exist?? ppl like you and me who're called secular walls and double agents (very often) get split and sliced for propagating such thinking.
I do wish India and Pak can get over their issues(which I think 're non issues in the first place) and that our countries instead of burning the bridges, bridge the gap.

Hmmm you got me into an introspection mode.
But how many of us actually exist?? ppl like you and me who're called secular walls and double agents (very often) get split and sliced for propagating such thinking.
I do wish India and Pak can get over their issues(which I think 're non issues in the first place) and that our countries instead of burning the bridges, bridge the gap.

Armies are breed to think on confrontation lies, its the duty of the civil society to remain intact with great ideals to keep the direction right, if France and German can be friends, why cannot, we? look at europe they have shift the war to other worlds, everyone know what they did with each other for centuries.. but we are fools who fill their heads and hearts with hatred for each others...

This if you know was first suggested by Jinnah, a common defence for both countries, then Ayub and Nehru did workout alittle bit on these lines, then after things went on the wrong direction. @Areesh need to cool down, if Karachi weather sucks, not my fault, its raining in Lahore :)

Same @Leader would be calling Modi as a terrorist and your Army as savages and murderers in IOK.

These are just temporary emotional outbursts. Signs of an immature personality.
Ofcourse!!
And this is coming from the most matured person on the forum, isnt it??? :coffee:
Leader's opinion on Modi and Indian army 're his personal POVs,I respect it.
And I also 've a thing or two to say about ISI,whats the big deal??
Everything can not be black or white. But then you wont understand it,oh how I wish you did. :( :( :(
But then that would be expecting too much :P
Armies are breed to think on confrontation lies, its the duty of the civil society to remain intact with great ideals to keep the direction right, if France and German can be friends, why cannot, we? look at europe they have shift the war to other worlds, everyone know what they did with each other for centuries.. but we are fools who fill their heads and hearts with hatred for each others...

This if you know was first suggested by Jinnah, a common defence for both countries, then Ayub and Nehru did workout alittle bit on these lines, then after things went on the wrong direction. @Areesh need to cool down, if Karachi weather sucks, not my fault, its raining in Lahore :)
I concur!!!

Loved your weather report!!! :D

I hope you won't come on a Kashmir thread and condemn Indian army next time. As I said these are just signs of an immature personality.

@Leader
Did I not warn you about it ?? :coffee:

Yeah, I didnt expect this...lol... now look at his mentality here, he is trying to instigate hatred between those two who are trying to reconcile, build bridges and find common grounds... :)

Ofcourse!!
And this is coming from the most matured person on the forum, isnt it??? :coffee:

My dislike for your country is permanent. It won't change like @Leader . Trust me. ;)

Leader's opinion on Modi and Indian army 're his personal POVs,I respect it.

And then you and other Indians would abuse him and his country for his "POV". Idiots.

Everything can not be black or white.

Yeah just like Indian secularism. Killing minorities and being secular at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom