What's new

Tech Glitch:Agni-I Launch Postponed

RPK

Reaction score
Country
India
Tech Glitch:Agni-I Launch Postponed -The New Indian Express

The Strategic Forces Command (SFC) of the Army had to postpone the first night user trial of surface-to-surface nuclear capable ballistic missile Agni-I reportedly due to a technical glitch in the launcher positioned at Wheeler Island off the Odisha coast.

Earlier, the Armed Forces had planned to test fire the missile in full operational configuration in between 7 pm to 8 pm. Accordingly, the missile was integrated with the launcher and countdown had begun. Defence sources said the countdown was stopped midway following a snag in the mobile launcher.

While the missile was to be tested for the first time during night, DRDO scientists were eagerly waiting for a successful launch of the missile to prove that the weapon has the capability to be fired from any kind of terrain anytime.

“The test has been postponed. Scientists are working to fix the problem. The test is likely to be carried out on Wednesday,” a defence official said refusing to divulge the details about the technical snag.

All tracking systems along with radars and telemetry equipments have been put in place to capture real time data.

There were considerable improvements in its re-entry technology and maneuverability since Agni’s first trial. This test will reconfirm the technical parameters set for the user and check the Army’s readiness to use it.

So the test will be carried out tomorrow.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom