What's new

Team USA

Did I ? My confusion stemmed from the fact that if providing a greater degree of justice to a death row inmate is what the cost difference is all about (appeals and what not) are we suggesting that a life imprisonment inmate gets a relatively (or considerably if the costs are the barometer for anything) less just and fair judicial examination ?

My Norge sister summed it up well. It's not that the justice system is less capable or willing to examine life-imprisonment sentences, it's that the prisoners, state and their families choose not to prolong the legal recourse with appeals, reviews or inquires. With capital sentences they take their right to appeal to its ultimate finality.

But about point (4) Your 'only brother' - I guess @Nihonjin1051 we should've seen this coming....we're not even considered brothers by @SvenSvensonov ! :cry:

Yes, I have only one brother, but you can be another sister if you'd like:p:.

Last edited:
A map showing each state's most unique favorite food

1262287509955054151.png

Foursquare tracked people’s tastes across America to come up with a very interesting way to determine the uniqueness of taste: they mined their user data to figure out which food or drink was disproportionately popular in each state. So this map doesn’t show what’s the most popular item in each state, but what item is most uniquely popular in each state (in relation to other places).

This way, you get slightly more interesting selections that aren’t the usual pizza, burritos and burgers. You can see an interactive version of the map here. Here’s the full list:

• Alabama - Fried Green Tomatoes
  • Alaska - King Crab
  • Arizona - Prickly Pear
  • Arkansas - Catfish
  • California - Chinese Chicken Salad
  • Colorado - Chili Rellenos
  • Connecticut - Grinders
  • Delaware - Crab Soup
  • Florida - Conch Fritters
  • Georgia - Brunswick Stew
  • Hawaii - Poke
  • Idaho - Sweet Pork
  • Illinois - Italian Beef
  • Indiana - Lemon Rice Soup
  • Iowa - Potato Wedges
  • Kansas - Cherry Limeade
  • Kentucky - Country Ham
  • Louisiana - Crawfish
  • Maine - Lobster
  • Maryland - Crab Cakes
  • Massachusetts - Lobster Rolls
  • Michigan - Perch
  • Minnesota - Juicy Lucy Burger
  • Mississippi - Po’boys
  • Missouri - Toasted Ravioli
  • Montana - Huckleberry
  • Nebraska - Mini Corn Dogs
  • Nevada - Bottle Service
  • New Hampshire - Haddock
  • New Jersey - Pork Roll
  • New Mexico - Sopapillas
  • New York - Avocado Toast
  • North Carolina - Hush Puppies
  • North Dakota - Bison
  • Ohio - Pierogies
  • Oklahoma - Chicken Fried Steak
  • Oregon - Salad Rolls
  • Pennsylvania - Chicken Cheesesteaks
  • Rhode Island - Fried Clams
  • South Carolina - Grits
  • South Dakota - Walleye
  • Tennessee - Banana Pudding
  • Texas - Breakfast Tacos
  • Utah - Chile Verde
  • Vermont - Maple Syrup
  • Virginia - Crab Sandwich
  • Washington - Dungeness Crab
  • West Virginia - Pepperoni Rolls
  • Wisconsin - Fried Fish
  • Wyoming - Elk
Foursquare explains its methodology:

Foursquare’s data science team identified the singular tastes of all 50 states and D.C., using a mix of data sets (menus, tips, ratings, and more) and normalizing for size against other states. Then the editorial team reviewed the data and selected the winning taste that is most special and unique to each state. The percentage equals the affinity for that taste over the national average. Also included are the 50 best places in each state for that taste.

Virginia:o: - crab sandwich:angry:

original-201202-HD-vegetable-sandwich-with-dill-sauce.jpg

That's better:yahoo:.

It goes without saying that I wasn't talking about absolutes ! :pissed:

Fairness is the cornerstone of Justice and there can be no fairness in treating every case or issue by considering it from a singular perspective.

But about point (4) Your 'only brother' - I guess @Nihonjin1051 we should've seen this coming....we're not even considered brothers by @SvenSvensonov ! :cry:

@Transhumanist - Thats it....I am not trusting you Scandinavians again ! :mad:

If I had made a Dane as my Brother....he'd still call me his brother ! :cray:

I think Danes are better than Swedes and Norwegians ! :whistle:

Did I ? My confusion stemmed from the fact that if providing a greater degree of justice to a death row inmate is what the cost difference is all about (appeals and what not) are we suggesting that a life imprisonment inmate gets a relatively (or considerably if the costs are the barometer for anything) less just and fair judicial examination ?

:taz:No rebuttal:cry:.

I win?

:D

@Transhumanist - Thats it....I am not trusting you Scandinavians again ! :mad:

:cry: Scandinavian men are notoriously shy. Getting close to anyone, especially to the point that they'd be considered "brother" is not a common occurrence. Trust me, I've dated two guys and have had to make the first move both times:disagree:. Scandinavian women are more open though:partay:. We'll be your friend:wave:.

join_the_herd_wallpaper_16_9_by_lockiesajt-d4jhlqa.jpg

If @SvenSvensonov 's being dismissive, he's probably just being shy:ashamed:.

Last edited:
I'm surprised Kentucy's favorite isn't fried chicken. And what the heck is Avocado Toast? I never tried that. Sounds disgusting.

Avocado Toast:

Soft-Boiled-Egg-Avocado-Toast.jpg

KFC's actually a Utah thing, it was founded there. I'd have to look up Kentucky's contribution to fried chicken.

Avocado Toast:

Soft-Boiled-Egg-Avocado-Toast.jpg

KFC's actually a Utah thing, it was founded there. I'd have to look up Kentucky's contribution to fried chicken.
`

Well that doesn't look too bad I suppose, it might be worth a try. I bet this is more of a city thing than upstate.
As for Kentucky and Fried Chicken, I was just making a joke referencing the famous restaurant.

:taz:No rebuttal:cry:.

I win?

:D

Yes ma'am !

tumblr_mqgdakQEJd1rrx588o1_500[1].gif

But I still think I'm right ! :whistle:

I don't think that the victim resigning himself to his or her fate ought to be the barometer to judging whether justice has been done or not nor a cost reduction because of the same become an argument for or against the death penalty.

:cry: Scandinavian men are notoriously shy. Getting close to anyone, especially to the point that they'd be considered "brother" is not a common occurrence. Trust me, I've dated two guys and have had to make the first move both times:disagree:. Scandinavian women are more open though:partay:. We'll be your friend:wave:.

join_the_herd_wallpaper_16_9_by_lockiesajt-d4jhlqa.jpg

If @SvenSvensonov 's being dismissive, he's probably just being shy:ashamed:.

Hmmmmn....Pakistanis are completely opposite - We're very sociable.....our friends become our brothers.....our parent's friends become our uncles and aunts and our own cousins becomes our siblings ! :agree:

Heck, in Pakistan, whenever you stop a random guy in the street to ask for directions you call him 'Bhai - Brother' ! :lol:

If only Scandinavian ladies weren't so tall and I wasn't only 5'8 so that I wouldn't look like Gimli the Dwarf next to them.....ahhhh.....Scandinavian lady's are God's finest creation and I am missing out on it all ! :cry:

But then again its not as if Norwegian and Swedish ladies can beat Danish ladies when it comes to beauty and brains ! :tongue:

At any rate our Pakistani women are the best....the most beautiful ! :kiss3:

May we Pakistani men become worthy of them ! :(

Plus they're short like me ! :ashamed:

After all all good things come in small packages ! :smokin:

A map showing each state's most unique favorite food

1262287509955054151.png

Foursquare tracked people’s tastes across America to come up with a very interesting way to determine the uniqueness of taste: they mined their user data to figure out which food or drink was disproportionately popular in each state. So this map doesn’t show what’s the most popular item in each state, but what item is most uniquely popular in each state (in relation to other places).

This way, you get slightly more interesting selections that aren’t the usual pizza, burritos and burgers. You can see an interactive version of the map here. Here’s the full list:

• Alabama - Fried Green Tomatoes
  • Alaska - King Crab
  • Arizona - Prickly Pear
  • Arkansas - Catfish
  • California - Chinese Chicken Salad
  • Colorado - Chili Rellenos
  • Connecticut - Grinders
  • Delaware - Crab Soup
  • Florida - Conch Fritters
  • Georgia - Brunswick Stew
  • Hawaii - Poke
  • Idaho - Sweet Pork
  • Illinois - Italian Beef
  • Indiana - Lemon Rice Soup
  • Iowa - Potato Wedges
  • Kansas - Cherry Limeade
  • Kentucky - Country Ham
  • Louisiana - Crawfish
  • Maine - Lobster
  • Maryland - Crab Cakes
  • Massachusetts - Lobster Rolls
  • Michigan - Perch
  • Minnesota - Juicy Lucy Burger
  • Mississippi - Po’boys
  • Missouri - Toasted Ravioli
  • Montana - Huckleberry
  • Nebraska - Mini Corn Dogs
  • Nevada - Bottle Service
  • New Hampshire - Haddock
  • New Jersey - Pork Roll
  • New Mexico - Sopapillas
  • New York - Avocado Toast
  • North Carolina - Hush Puppies
  • North Dakota - Bison
  • Ohio - Pierogies
  • Oklahoma - Chicken Fried Steak
  • Oregon - Salad Rolls
  • Pennsylvania - Chicken Cheesesteaks
  • Rhode Island - Fried Clams
  • South Carolina - Grits
  • South Dakota - Walleye
  • Tennessee - Banana Pudding
  • Texas - Breakfast Tacos
  • Utah - Chile Verde
  • Vermont - Maple Syrup
  • Virginia - Crab Sandwich
  • Washington - Dungeness Crab
  • West Virginia - Pepperoni Rolls
  • Wisconsin - Fried Fish
  • Wyoming - Elk
Foursquare explains its methodology:

Foursquare’s data science team identified the singular tastes of all 50 states and D.C., using a mix of data sets (menus, tips, ratings, and more) and normalizing for size against other states. Then the editorial team reviewed the data and selected the winning taste that is most special and unique to each state. The percentage equals the affinity for that taste over the national average. Also included are the 50 best places in each state for that taste.

Virginia:o: - crab sandwich:angry:

original-201202-HD-vegetable-sandwich-with-dill-sauce.jpg

That's better:yahoo:.

Pennsylvania - Chicken Cheesesteaks
t1935.gif

:usflag::usflag::usflag:

NASA's Space Launch System gets big push from House Appropriations Committee

15722680-mmmain.jpg

The House Appropriations Committee has passed a NASA budget for 2016 that tells the space agency Congress is serious about the big new rocket being developed in Alabama, wants it used more, and is ready to spend more money to build it.

The budget passed Wednesday by a voice vote gives NASA $519 million more than 2015 and the Space Launch System $150 million of that. SLS would get $1.85 billion in 2016 compared to $1.7 billion this year.

The bill also designates SLS as the launch vehicle for NASA's planned mission to the Jupiter Europa moon in 2022 and provides $50 million to advance work on its permanent upper stage. SLS will fly first with a modified Delta rocket stage on top.

"I am very pleased with passage of this funding bill by the House Appropriations Committee," committee member and U.S. Rep. Robert Aderholt, R-Haleyville, said in a statement. "We have worked diligently to make sure it has a positive impact on Alabama."

The house panel also writes the budget for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. The budget passed Wednesday directs NOAA to do more tornado research in the Southeast using facilities such as the Severe Weather Institute, Radar & Lightning Laboratory (SWIRLL) at the University of Alabama in Huntsville.

The full House will vote on the budget this summer. The Senate will also approve its version at some point, and the two will be reconciled later this year.

Here are other key numbers in the Appropriations Committee's NASA budget:

- NASA overall (the so-called top line number) $18.529 billion

- Exploration: $3.409 billion

- Space Operations: $3.957 billion

- Science: $5.237 billion

- Orion Deep Space Crew Vehicle: $1.096 billion

- Commercial spaceflight: $1 billion

- Astrophysics: $735.6 million

- Space grants: $40 million

- Space technology: $625 million

- Exploration R&D: $350 million

spacelaunchs.jpg

RS-25

3666ae3a5ab44a68ba8ee2e584f343a4.jpg

PSXLIoB.jpg

Tesla Gigafactory

Tesla’s mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable transportation. To achieve that goal, we must produce electric vehicles in sufficient volume to force change in the automobile industry. With a planned production rate of 500,000 cars per year in the latter half of this decade, Tesla alone will require today’s entire worldwide production of lithium ion batteries. The Tesla Gigafactory was born of necessity and will supply enough batteries to support our projected vehicle demand.

Tesla broke ground on the Gigafactory in June 2014 outside Sparks, Nevada, and we expect to begin cell production in 2017. By 2020, the Gigafactory will reach full capacity and produce more lithium ion batteries annually than were produced worldwide in 2013.

In cooperation with Panasonic and other strategic partners, the Gigafactory will produce batteries for significantly less cost using economies of scale, innovative manufacturing, reduction of waste, and the simple optimization of locating most manufacturing process under one roof. We expect to drive down the per kilowatt hour (kWh) cost of our battery pack by more than 30 percent. The Gigafactory will also be powered by renewable energy sources, with the goal of achieving net zero energy.

The name Gigafactory comes from the factory’s planned annual battery production capacity of 35 gigawatt-hours (GWh). “Giga” is a unit of measurement that represents “billions”. One GWh is the equivalent of generating (or consuming) one billion watts for one hour—one million times that of one kWh.

hero.jpg

:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Dolby Cinema - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Dolby Cinema is the name of a cinema concept by Dolby Laboratories.Dolby Cinema is considered the Dolby Laboratories answer to the IMAX theaters

The cinema concept consist of the Dolby Atmos system for sound and the Dolby Vision projectors, capable of HDRI and HFR in 2D and 3D formats. The first theatres will temporarily use 4K laser projectors until the Dolby Vision-capable ones are ready to ship out spring 2015.[4] The theatre will also feature atmospheric lighting and a dynamic pathway to immerse visitors in the movie experience before the movie has started.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom