What's new

Team USA

April 29th 2015
Rubella Elimination in the Americas
http://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/blog/rubella-elimination-americas

measles_3.jpg

Great Inventions/Inventors

~1969 American https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurice_Hilleman developed the Rubella Vaccine

220px-Hilleman-Walter-Reed.jpeg

American https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Plotkin also was pivotal
nj7058-592a-i1.0.jpg

Last edited:
Moved to American section and made sticky if it's alright.

'Make America great again.':enjoy:

Moved to American section and made sticky if it's alright.

'Make America great again.':enjoy:

Thank you.

As part of making America great by lots of small steps:

Over the last 8 years, as the economy has expanded by 10%, energy consumption overall has dropped by 1.5%. The US economy is not only larger, but more efficient, which is important is keeping it insulated from energy price shocks.

This is America too. :D

================================================

South Florida mom Emily Robinson was horrified after receiving a request to contribute to the Donald Trump Campaign, so she decided to get creative.

Robinson, like many Americans was deeply disturbed by Trump’s sexist comments. So, when she received a mailer from his campaign requesting an “emergency contribution” she decided to protest in the best possible way.

Fortunately for the rest of the world, she shared this act of protest on Facebook and it’s spreading like wildfire.

Robinson, our queen, mailed the Trump Campaign a letter with a clump of her pubic hair attached. Yes, her pubes.

The letter read:

Dear Mr. Trump,
I am not able to mail you my actual pussy so I’ve included the next best thing.
Cheers, Emily

Underneath she taped the patch of her pubes.

Another American tradition, Car Night at the local joint. :tup:

CarNight-01.jpg

CarNight-02.jpg

CarNight-03.jpg

CarNight-04.jpg

CarNight-05.jpg

CarNight-06.jpg

(Of course, a brisk peel off down the main straightaway when leaving the show is traditional. The burbling at idle and the snarl at full throttle of powerful engines and the aroma of burnt rubber and hi-octane gasoline is impossible to describe. :D )

The evolution of home builder construction and home size in my area since WW2.

traditional-exterior.jpg

Cape home built right after WW2 for the returning GI's (late 1940's-1950's) . Usually around 1200-1400sq feet with a 1 car garage. This is the "white picket" fence type home you hear about.

ISug86130e20ja1000000000.jpg

1960's the design moved to the Raised Ranch/ split level (part of living space below ground level) with about 2200 sq feet and a two car garage,

Screen Shot 2016-10-16 at 1.06.23 AM.jpg

Early 1970's saw the Garrison type home with about 2000 - 2500 sq feet (+ 1000 sq ft basement space) and two car garage,

71672029_1.jpg

The 1980's brought the Colonial style home. 2500+ sq ft (+ 1200sq ft in basement)

ar125574877023358.jpg

The 1990's brought the McMansion, Enormous homes. 4000+ sq ft (+ 1500 sq ft in attic + 1500 sq ft basement). 3+ car garage,

Last edited:
Thank you.

As part of making America great by lots of small steps:

Over the last 8 years, as the economy has expanded by 10%, energy consumption overall has dropped by 1.5%. The US economy is not only larger, but more efficient, which is important is keeping it insulated from energy price shocks.
well, not according to Trump. he thinks things are worse than ever, inner cities are in chaos, jobs are fleeing the country and basically everything is going to hell. And a sizeable chunk of this great nation believes everything Trump says.

A big thank you to all veterans for their honorable and noble service to the nation!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veterans_Day

"Veterans Day is an official United States public holiday, observed annually on November 11, that honors military veterans; that is, persons who served in the United States Armed Forces. It coincides with other holidays, including Armistice Day and Remembrance Day, celebrated in other countries that mark the anniversary of the end of World War I; major hostilities of World War I were formally ended at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, when the Armistice with Germany went into effect. The United States previously observed Armistice Day. The U.S. holiday was renamed Veterans Day in 1954.

Veterans Day is not to be confused with Memorial Day; Veterans Day celebrates the service of all U.S. military veterans, while Memorial Day honors those who died while in military service."

Last edited:
Ceremonies are held all over the country, in towns small and large to commemorate Veterans Day, held on November 11 each year:

20161114-028.jpg

20161114-032.jpg

20161114-034.jpg

Back
Top Bottom