What's new

Taxi driver killing: Court orders physical remand for Rangers man

Slav Defence

THINK TANK VICE CHAIRMAN: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
KARACHI: A local court in Karachi sent a Rangers man accused in the shooting of a taxi driver on physical remand until July 22.

The taxi driver, identified as Murid Abbas, was shot dead in Karachi's Gulistan-i-Jauhar locality on Tuesday when he did not stop his vehicle upon being signalled to do so by Rangers personnel.

Today, a court in Karachi ordered physical remand for Lance Naik Ghulam Rasool, a Rangers man who fired five shots at Abbas and is now facing murder charges.

Rasool was subsequently handed over to the police.

Police has moreover claimed that three other Rangers men nominated in the case had managed to escape and were on the run.

Tuesday’s was the second such incident in recent weeks as last month another unarmed civilian was killed by Rangers in Shah Faisal Colony for the same reason.

Jis mulk main Musharraf is being tried for killing Abdul Rashid Ghazi, to phir is Ranger ko bhi phansi ho jaye gi!

Jis mulk main Musharraf is being tried for killing Abdul Rashid Ghazi, to phir is Ranger ko bhi phansi ho jaye gi!

aap ne kal TV per yeh incident dekha tha?yeh taxi driver apni family k saath taxi mai jaraha tha,jab rangers ne roka..is ne suna nahi ya kiya reason that k yeh ek dum se nahi ruka..agay jaa ker but he stopped..tu rangers ne is ki biwi,bchay k agay isko goli maar di..ab aap batayein k kiya hona chahiye?

aap ne kal TV per yeh incident dekha tha?yeh taxi driver apni family k saath taxi mai jaraha tha,jab rangers ne roka..is ne suna nahi ya kiya reason that k yeh ek dum se nahi ruka..agay jaa ker but he stopped..tu rangers ne is ki biwi,bchay k agay isko goli maar di..ab aap batayein k kiya hona chahiye?

First get your facts right and secondly write in English.

He was with his son only, not wife.

When the rangers signalled him to stop at the picket, he sped up (eyewitness accounts according to GEO, the wife even admitted it). The wife said that he sped up because his son had diarrhea and he was going to get some medicines. Then the rangers shot.

Ab Rangers ko ilhami ani thi keh yeh banda terrorist hai ya innocent?

And diarrhea isn't such a life threatening disease that you can't stop for 1 minute.

When a LEA tells you stop in a screwed up city, you stop. No questions. Hum log Switzerland main nhn reh rahay jahan sab kuch theek ho aur terrorists na hon and we can flaunt with the cops.

atleast some sense of accountability prevailing !

I don't understand the policy of Karachi administrators,law makers that why the hell are rangers still deployed in Karachi?
--Because of their deployment,police is not getting it's full salary
--Police and rangers both collapse with each other at some points
--Due to their collapse,both of them are not working efficiently and effectively,instead they blame each other for their blunders/errors.

What I suggest:
--They must send rangers back.
--Focus on better training of police,its replenishment.

In any country Rangers are only deployed when are needed.In our country they are deployed 24/7,what do you expect then? @Secur @FaujHistorian @balixd and others..what do you all suggest..?

When the rangers signalled him to stop at the picket, he sped up (eyewitness accounts according to GEO, the wife even admitted it). The wife said that he sped up because his son had diarrhea and he was going to get some medicines. Then the rangers shot.

And diarrhea isn't such a life threatening disease that you can't stop for 1 minute.

When a LEA tells you stop in a screwed up city, you stop. No questions. Hum log Switzerland main nhn reh rahay jahan sab kuch theek ho aur terrorists na hon and we can flaunt with the cops.

But when I saw the news,the correspondent was saying that he was with his wife and son?:blink:
second,i have already answered in post 6.

Last edited by a moderator:

Okay let me tell you another story "RELATED TO ME"

Last month me with my cousin who was on short trip from Kuwait for his personal work. We had a plan for Centaurus Islamabad for shopping. I am working in Blue Area (Near Parliment House remember) and mostly daily I'm crossing Blue Area Security barrier and no one dare to stop me.

We are coming from Rawalpind to Islamabad around 10:30pm. We are in Suzuki Alto. When I was crossing the barrier near Stock Exchange tower the security guard on first barrier didn't give me any king of "Stop" signal but when I am crossing the second barrier the guard who was standing near the second barrier push the barrier in front of me and said

"Pechay walay guard nay aap ko ruknay ko bola aap kyo nahe rukay aap nay bohat bare pata nahe violation ki hai". I said WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT He didn't give me any kind of signal. Even he was looking towards the coming cars.

After 35mins of ***** by those guards. Between some of high official of Military Intel stopped his car and ask the guards

"Bhai in larkoon ko kyo rook rakha hey tumko shakal say terrorist lag rahay hain??? pharlay likhay lag rahay hain unkay ghoomnay kay din hey janay doo kyo ruka hey?"

I told him a story and again both guard start bashing and lying to the Officier "hamnay isko roka ye ruka nahe hamnay koi churya nahe pehan rakhe jo chordain"

That Military Intel Officier said to him beta aap inko chor rahay ho yaan may IJ sahab say kah kar aap ko bataoon kay may koon ho ? both guard doing ***** harkatain in front of him he little angry and said to them I am going towards PIM's forsome work and hope when i will be back with in 15 mins I will not see this car and these innocent guys standing at this place otherwise i will let you know who am I!

Anyway after 35 mins os time waste and no proper justification of those guards (actually they want RISHWAT and I'm not interested to give any kind of single $$ to them nor I offer them) I called my friend. He is cousin of Salman Ahmed (Junoon Group) and also well known personality in Islamabad and having great contacts PR and also owned Resturant in Islamabad. He came in his Land Cruser along with his guards.

guess what saat he guards ke phat gaye and @ last wohi "Sorry Sorry sir g kuch pelayeen khelayeen" etc and we left.

Now on the Second day same time same place I was again with my cousin but this time we are in Toyota Passo in White with black hud in front Police protocol lights under the grill blinking (Red/Blue) and back mirrors "Originaly black tinted". When I was crossing the barrier near Stock Exchange Tower the security guards not even dare to stop me... I was going towards my friend hotel in Blue Area.

TWO FACE OF THE STORY... when I was crossing the barrier with some GOOD CAR even my Car having Protocol Lights inside my Car Grill and also having black hud low profile tyre sort of sports/luxury car THESE GUARDS DONT HAVE BALLS to STOP me but when I was crossing the barrier with my ALTO Car they stopped me and waste my 35 MINS without any justification..

*** banda is mulk ke POLICE AUR RANDER KE MARAY ***** they deserve that!

ye loog bas gareeb ko rook sakhtay hain yaan usko jo ASROO-RASOOK nahe rakhta.... itne himat hey tu poray Karachi may loog PROTOCOLS guards tinted Mirriors kay saath aur Cars may Illegal WEAPONS rakh kar ghoomta yhain itnay he RANGER waloon ko geerat agaye hey tu ROOK KAR DEKHAYE UNKO! begerat kaheen kay!

I don't understand the policy of Karachi administrators,law makers that why the hell are rangers still deployed in Karachi?
--Because of their deployment,police is not getting it's full salary
--Police and rangers both collapse with each other at some points
--Due to their collapse,both of them are not working efficiently and effectively,instead they blame each other for their blunders/errors.

What I suggest:
--They must send rangers back.
--Focus on better training of police,its replenishment.

In any country Rangers are only deployed when are needed.In our country they are deployed 24/7,what do you expect then? @Secur @FaujHistorian @balixd and others..what do you all suggest..?

But when I saw the news,the correspondent was saying that he was with his wife and son?:blink:
second,i have already answered in post 6.
i really have no idea or know the background of the story, but if he was signalled to stop and he didn't follow then LEA has every right to shoot him. But was it the part of SOP. It depends what SOP says, if shoot down was the SOP than it is fine if not than Rangers should be hanged as its extra judicial killing.
Let the investigation be completed.

Talking about why we need Ranger in karachi, than i would say given the highly politicised nature of Police, their incompetence, lack of resources, number of Police Jawans for a bigger city like Karachi you need all hands on deck.

@Stealth - now i live in Westridge,i go to blue area or islamabad almost every 3rd day, never got stopped, nor did my father, or any of the siblings, rather am on my bike, or any of the cars, be it the axio, vitz or the old FX. I can count on my finger tips - times i have been stopped by Police or Army soliders while entering rawalpindi. whenever i got stopped either i was with a friend or younger brother, and everytime they checked papers and i was allowed to walk away.

when you got stopped at the night time, rather than getting into confrontation, did you ask him why were you stopped? did you tell him that you might have overlooked when his friend waved at you to stop? did he ask to check the papers / registration of the car?
let me add here that i never keep original ID card, Driver's license or the registration book be it the cars or the bike , i have the color copy of everything, and neither the police or army had any problem with it.
if police still got a problem with you even after looking at papers and searching the car than that is the time you need to make some calls.

i really have no idea or know the background of the story, but if he was signalled to stop and he didn't follow then LEA has every right to shoot him. But was it the part of SOP. It depends what SOP says, if shoot down was the SOP than it is fine if not than Rangers should be hanged as its extra judicial killing.
Let the investigation be completed.

Talking about why we need Ranger in karachi, than i would say given the highly politicised nature of Police, their incompetence, lack of resources, number of Police Jawans for a bigger city like Karachi you need all hands on deck.

I have already mentioned that ranger's presence is not benefiting us as expected in post 6.

@balixd @Stealth both of you have your own experiences,that is why I suggest that we need to work a lot in correction of infra-structure of our law and order system and should work on eradication of evils like corruption etc.
Let me add further that deployment of rangers is not a solution to such problems,I have mentioned solutions i post 06 already.

Okay let me tell you another story "RELATED TO ME"

Last month me with my cousin who was on short trip from Kuwait for his personal work. We had a plan for Centaurus Islamabad for shopping. I am working in Blue Area (Near Parliment House remember) and mostly daily I'm crossing Blue Area Security barrier and no one dare to stop me.

We are coming from Rawalpind to Islamabad around 10:30pm. We are in Suzuki Alto. When I was crossing the barrier near Stock Exchange tower the security guard on first barrier didn't give me any king of "Stop" signal but when I am crossing the second barrier the guard who was standing near the second barrier push the barrier in front of me and said

"Pechay walay guard nay aap ko ruknay ko bola aap kyo nahe rukay aap nay bohat bare pata nahe violation ki hai". I said WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT He didn't give me any kind of signal. Even he was looking towards the coming cars.

After 35mins of ***** by those guards. Between some of high official of Military Intel stopped his car and ask the guards

"Bhai in larkoon ko kyo rook rakha hey tumko shakal say terrorist lag rahay hain??? pharlay likhay lag rahay hain unkay ghoomnay kay din hey janay doo kyo ruka hey?"

I told him a story and again both guard start bashing and lying to the Officier "hamnay isko roka ye ruka nahe hamnay koi churya nahe pehan rakhe jo chordain"

That Military Intel Officier said to him beta aap inko chor rahay ho yaan may IJ sahab say kah kar aap ko bataoon kay may koon ho ? both guard doing ***** harkatain in front of him he little angry and said to them I am going towards PIM's forsome work and hope when i will be back with in 15 mins I will not see this car and these innocent guys standing at this place otherwise i will let you know who am I!

Anyway after 35 mins os time waste and no proper justification of those guards (actually they want RISHWAT and I'm not interested to give any kind of single $$ to them nor I offer them) I called my friend. He is cousin of Salman Ahmed (Junoon Group) and also well known personality in Islamabad and having great contacts PR and also owned Resturant in Islamabad. He came in his Land Cruser along with his guards.

guess what saat he guards ke phat gaye and @ last wohi "Sorry Sorry sir g kuch pelayeen khelayeen" etc and we left.

Now on the Second day same time same place I was again with my cousin but this time we are in Toyota Passo in White with black hud in front Police protocol lights under the grill blinking (Red/Blue) and back mirrors "Originaly black tinted". When I was crossing the barrier near Stock Exchange Tower the security guards not even dare to stop me... I was going towards my friend hotel in Blue Area.

TWO FACE OF THE STORY... when I was crossing the barrier with some GOOD CAR even my Car having Protocol Lights inside my Car Grill and also having black hud low profile tyre sort of sports/luxury car THESE GUARDS DONT HAVE BALLS to STOP me but when I was crossing the barrier with my ALTO Car they stopped me and waste my 35 MINS without any justification..

*** banda is mulk ke POLICE AUR RANDER KE MARAY ***** they deserve that!

ye loog bas gareeb ko rook sakhtay hain yaan usko jo ASROO-RASOOK nahe rakhta.... itne himat hey tu poray Karachi may loog PROTOCOLS guards tinted Mirriors kay saath aur Cars may Illegal WEAPONS rakh kar ghoomta yhain itnay he RANGER waloon ko geerat agaye hey tu ROOK KAR DEKHAYE UNKO! begerat kaheen kay!

This is a perfect example of what is wrong in Pak. Rich kids acting like twats.

Back
Top Bottom