What's new

Tata is owner of Tata-Daewoo Pakistan

Karachi ki Biryaani ke baare mein meine bahut kuchh suna hein Ranger Sahab. Agar bass.....

"Enemy of Intelligence" Karachi is famous for "Halwa"
For biryani you should go to Lucknow or Hyderabad.

"Enemy of Intelligence" Karachi is famous for "Halwa"
For biryani you should go to Lucknow or Hyderabad.

Correction! Karachi is not famous for Halwa, that title belongs to Multan and it's Sowhan Halwa. How did you come to the conclusion Karachi is famous for Halwa? Also Student Biryani is Pakistan most famous Biryani restaurants and is located in guess where? KARACHI

Sindhi biryani, Dam Kebab and Paratha Roll are some of the most popular dishes served in Karachi.

Correction! Karachi is not famous for Halwa, that title belongs to Multan and it's Sowhan Halwa. How did you come to the conclusion Karachi is famous for Halwa? Also Student Biryani is Pakistan most famous Biryani restaurants and is located in guess where? KARACHI

Sindhi biryani, Dam Kebab and Paratha Roll are some of the most popular dishes served in Karachi.

@RescueRanger; I did find the Biryanis in Karachi to be a shade too greasy for my liking. The Raans were very good though.
On another thread; you spoke about Doodh-Patti. What is that? Some Kulfi?

@RescueRanger; I did find the Biryanis in Karachi to be a shade too greasy for my liking. The Raans were very good though.
On another thread; you spoke about Doodh-Patti. What is that? Some Kulfi?

Sir, depends where you have the Biryani. Sindhi Biryani is known to be dry rather than greasy, always try a student restaurant. Best food and cheap too! Re: Doodh Patti: It's sweet tea cooked in milk, in Pakistan it is a traditional breakfast accompaniment:
104639-road-trip-naran-picture-298.jpg

Sir, depends where you have the Biryani. Sindhi Biryani is known to be dry rather than greasy, always try a student restaurant. Best food and cheap too! Re: Doodh Patti: It's sweet tea cooked in milk, in Pakistan it is a traditional breakfast accompaniment:
104639-road-trip-naran-picture-298.jpg

OK Jee; I got that. That kind of tea is commonly made in Western India esp Gujarat. Though they add some Masala to it too and call it Masala Chai. Then of course there is Adrak Chai; great on a cold wet day. And there is the Irani "paani-kum" chai. One Irani joint that we loved to frequent as students had great chai; it was said that some egg-whites were added to the Chai! But places like that had chai which was kept boiling in a huge Handi through the day. At the end of the day, the chai became even more kadak or strong. Quite a difference from Angrezi Chai which has all the fragrance and flavor and no taste.

Tea in Japan, China or even Iran is something different again.

In India older people share that & we have a complete list that which city is famous for which item.

Student is a restaurant chain which can't match classic biryani which prepare with traditional chefs who prepare it from generation. I believe a classic biryani of traditional chef can outclass it in Pakistan.
In old Lucknow there are a traditional restaurant (I forget its name) which prepares biryani, kebabs etc. which also delivered to certain bollywood personalities & sheikhs through direct flights.
They prepare these items since Nawab era.

At the end of the day, the chai became even more kadak or strong

You get this kadak chai in sheesha cafes in GCC countries. It looks like tea but takes like sugary water. Then there's also this pink Kashmiri chai which I had the pleasure of enjoying in Lahore - did I mention it was pink? and had badaam in it. It tasted heavenly!

In India older people share that & we have a complete list that which city is famous for which item.

Student is a restaurant chain which can't match classic biryani which prepare with traditional chefs who prepare it from generation. I believe a classic biryani of traditional chef can outclass it in Pakistan.
In old Lucknow there are a traditional restaurant (I forget its name) which prepares biryani, kebabs etc. which also delivered to certain bollywood personalities & sheikhs through direct flights.
They prepare these items since Nawab era

Maybe you are talking about Tunde key Kabab. Tunde Miyan was a famous Cook who had lost one arm.
Though the correct technical name is Galouti Kabab.

Maybe you are talking about Tunde key Kabab. Tunde Miyan was a famous Cook who had lost one arm.
Though the correct technical name is Galouti Kabab.

His ancestors prepare kebabs for nawab of Awadh who does not have single tooth in his mouth. So, they prepare special soft kebab for nawab. If yes then that would be Tunde key Kabab
Btw, I am vegetarian so didn't taste it.

I believe he was referring to Karachi Halva also called Bombay Halva, a halva of Sindhi cuisine brought by Sindhis. It is very popular in India, its very chewy, sweet and oily.

Karachi_Halwa_5016c4dfe8b16.jpg

Last edited:
Profit from Tata's ventures can finance Indian govt. projects to destabilize neighboring countries. Until India changes its policies towards its neighbors, people need to be careful about getting involved with Indian companies or foreign companies with Indian control and ownership. Aman Ki Asha is meaningless till India actually changes its actions on the ground.

It is better to look for alternatives that can provide the same jobs and do not have Indian hand involved in it. Chinese automotive technology is not as mature as Korean, but they are getting there fast, in about 4-5 years max.

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

I believe he was referring to Karachi Halva also called Bombay Halva, a halva of Sindhi cuisine brought by Sindhis. It is very popular in India, its very chewy, sweet and oily.

Karachi_Halwa_5016c4dfe8b16.jpg
Oh sir jee, Karachi Halwa chooro or Multan ka sohan halwa khan key dhekain.

India and Pakistan can never be seperated but we have attitudes like we exist on two different planets

It might hold true for you but its hard to believe most Pakistanis have Arab background/Ancestry.
I would repeat
Pakistanis were not cave men when Islam arrived in subcontinent. Before that you were one of us and it is evident from life style/sense of humor/music/literature/language/culture of yours. Invaders came and influenced religious beliefs of few people of subcontinent but that does not make them an Arab or a Turk(one of them).
No matter how much you deny "par Sare Pakistani Dil se Desi hi hain"
U may repeat a million times whatever u believe.........But no matter how much u try u still can suppress the Truth forever.

Start doing a little research........Here its a Good thesis to start with.

http://eprints.hec.gov.pk/2110/1/2028.htm

Back
Top Bottom