What's new

Targeting Sri Lankans brings India shame

what is the Central Government telling the Tamils in TN by training the SL armed forces in TN after repeated cry from the people not to train them here because these very same people who are being trained will attack our fishermen at sea.
Had the Center listned to Tamils on atleast not training the SL armed forces in TN, this would have never happened.

This is 2012 you are speaking about when India is governed by a coalition Govt. TN has 39 MPs in center.Is it so hard to use that political power to your advantage.

What I have felt is Tamilnadu Tamils think Sinhalese and Tamils in Sri Lanka live like enemies lol. We had a terrorist issue unfortunately that group is a Tamil group, before it there was a group who spread violence called JVP which is mostly Sinhalese, both groups got what they deserve at the end. This is totally SL Army vs Terrorist group game, but some of TN members only see the tag "Tamil" and forgetting the rest. Just think if we need to target Tamils then we don't want to wait until last 2 weeks.

Have you ever heard sinhala vs Tamil fights in SL except one incident in 1983?
I can give one answer for all of you, visit our Northern areas in weekend.

And again some talk about Buddhists Vs Hindu thing lol Even the Sinhalese majority are Buddhists, they do visit Hindu kovils. In SL there are 2 sensitive areas but those 2 areas are majority Muslims.

Just invite Jayalalitha to visit Norther Areas. If she accepts and the visit goes well, the ant-SL sentiments in TN can be cooled to some extent.

Colombo protesters decry Tamil Nadu attacks on pilgrims

(9 mins ago)

Scores of Sri Lankan protesters demonstrated in the capital Colombo against attacks on pilgrims visiting the south Indian state of Tamil Nadu.

An organization of Tamil businessmen marched to the Indian High Commission to hand over a petition condemning recent attacks on Sri Lankans, including buses being stoned by Indian mobs.

“Stop harassing our pilgrims,'' the protesters chanted, demanding better protection for Sri Lankans, some of whom were visiting India to pray at Christian shrines, FP reports.

Earlier this week, Sri Lanka warned its citizens against visiting Tamil Nadu after a string of assaults and the expulsion of two school football teams visiting the state for friendly games.

Sri Lankan military personnel undergoing training in Tamil Nadu had also been forced out, it said.The cause of the attacks is unclear but many politicians in Tamil Nadu have been critical of Sri Lanka's government over its military campaign that defeated separatist Tamil Tiger rebels in 2009.

Tamil Nadu was a base for Sri Lankan Tamil rebels during the early days of their guerrilla war in the 1980s. Indian Tamils share close cultural and religious links with Sri Lanka's ethnic Tamil minority.

Colombo protesters decry Tamil Nadu attacks on pilgrims - The Standard

===

If any Sri Lankan pilgrims were attacked, then it is deplorable. No difference must result in mob violence.

If TN Govt has a problem, it should have legally stopped those SL citizens from entering the State showing official police concerns.
We have an obligation to protect people who visit our country regardless of whether we agree with their domestic policies and actions or not.

8f1e372a36bf2f2e67f15595f6283cf7_M.jpg

AFP | Ethnic Tamil demonstrators, who are members of a business organisation, demonstrate in front of the Indian High Commission in Colombo on September 6, 2012. Dozens of traders demonstrated in Colombo protesting attacks against Sri Lankan pilgrims visiting the south Indian state of Tamil Nadu.

in1(46).jpg

The indian army butchered way more Tamils in Sri Lanka than the lankan military. The Lankan military accomplished where the Indian Military failed even after slaughtering the Tamils.

Its the hindu Tamils that killed Rajiv Gandhi in India in retaliation for the brutalities by the IPKR in Sri Lanka.

Sri Lankans actually should be training the inept indian army imho.

resize_image

Members from the Sri Lankan Tamil community shout slogans against the Tamil Nadu attack on Sri Lankan pilgrims, in Colombo September 6, 2012.

Pilgrims who were harassed by pro-LTTE activists in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu, sought refuge in a church on September 3, 2012. according to local media.

With every passing day I feel the rest-of-Indians are united in backstabbing Tamils. At least they are united in this, huh

I think the Tamils have right to ask whatever the Indian Government earns from TN should not be used in defence preparation again Pakistan or China.

Both these countries are simply too far away geographically to be considered as enemies of Tamils, because there needs to be no emotional attachment as a Indian, because I have not come across a Pakistani or Chinese who has spoken ill about Indian Tamils, the same way the rest-of-Indians have not been ill mouthed by a Sinhala.

I dream of a day when at least one MP from TN will address our PM in The Parliament as the PM of SL

The indian army butchered way more Tamils in Sri Lanka than the lankan military. The Lankan military accomplished where the Indian Military failed even after slaughtering the Tamils.

Its the hindu Tamils that killed Rajiv Gandhi in India in retaliation for the brutalities by the IPKR in Sri Lanka.

Sri Lankans actually should be training the inept indian army imho.

A truly silly comment. The leadership of the LTTE was both Christian and Hindu. Although I deplore their terrorism, they had no parochial feeling among themselves.

The more the denizens of Tamil Nadu and their leaders go off the deep end, the better for Sri Lanka.

Everytime Jayalalitha and/or Karunandhi say and do outlandish things, the better for Sri Lanka.

I say let them scream and shout and stamp their feet about Sri Lanka. It makes them look like fringe lunatics :)

It's clear from comments on websites the rest of India have a very poor impression of the leaders of Tamil Nadu.

That Tamil Nadu has created fights with Karnataka and the Kannadigas, Kerala and the Malayalis, and carried out a hate campaign against the Hindi language in the past certainly does not help.

More and more non-Tamil Indians are beginning to be aware of the puerile nature of Tamil politics.

That's good for Sri Lanka.

===

And how's this for Tamil Nadu lunacy?

Sri Lankan Pilgrims Attacked in Tamil Nadu Mostly of Tamil Origin « dbsjeyaraj.com
Mr Sri Lankan,
Im not a Tamil. As you mentioned we have issues with Tamils. We may have difference of opinion and that's our problem. But that doesnt mean a foreigner like you can take advantage of that situation. In this case we are with Tamils. We are not at all ashamed of this act by Tamils against Lankan's because if you are not ashamed of what you did to those poor Indian fishermen, then why should we feel ashamed ?

A truly silly comment. The leadership of the LTTE was both Christian and Hindu. Although I deplore their terrorism, they had no parochial feeling among themselves.

If you are going to throw him a bone and point out every silly comment of his, then you are going to need a ''follow his posts'' feature on the forum. He's only trying to find the meaning of his life, albeit in the wrong place.

ok, by your logic, let me kill your mother, and let my next of kin come to your home and ask for being treated royally. will you through the person out of your home or give him/her biiryani

Who's whose mother? Indian Tamils don't give a damn about Sri Lankan Tamils. They were pissed off because Tamil pride has been severely damaged with the demise of Prabhakaran. (i.e Tamil Sun God :P) What Tamils are doing now is taking revenge on innocents. What a ball less people. :tdown:

Bombing civilian hospital in self declared no fire zone does not bring any shame but protesting against these oppression brings lots of shame.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: How about rampaging down a hospital ward and killing everyone insight to avenge blood for blood. So much for the Tamil brotherhood. :tdown:

Well Hindus regard Buddhism as a branch of Hinduism, and Buddha was regarded as one of the Avatar of Vishnu.

Well that was a cheap lie to convert Buddhists to Hinduism. lol

Who's whose mother? Indian Tamils don't give a damn about Sri Lankan Tamils. They were pissed off because Tamil pride has been severely damaged with the demise of Prabhakaran. (i.e Tamil Sun God :P) What Tamils are doing now is taking revenge on innocents. What a ball less people. :tdown:

That is certainly not the tone people use.

Well that was a cheap lie to convert Buddhists to Hinduism. lol

What an irony! What you guys practise in the name of Buddhism is the first breach of Buddhist laws.

I don't think that rampaging attacks on mainstream Hindu temples is something that Gautama Siddhartha taught.

Either have the courage to know our Dharma's history properly, or stop peddling nonsense that those politico loonies teach you to brainwash.

True teachers never entertain such thoughts.

Having twisted Buddh Dharma so badly, you guys have lost it totally as to what it really was. Learn it from us.

And the next time you want to attack a Hindu temple (giving the excuse of Tamil), do our entire Buddhist community a favor and de-link it from our way of life. Such madness has no place in Buddhism except maybe in Sri Lankan version where their complex gets in the way of The True Path.

With every passing day I feel the rest-of-Indians are united in backstabbing Tamils. At least they are united in this, huh

I think the Tamils have right to ask whatever the Indian Government earns from TN should not be used in defence preparation again Pakistan or China.

Both these countries are simply too far away geographically to be considered as enemies of Tamils, because there needs to be no emotional attachment as a Indian, because I have not come across a Pakistani or Chinese who has spoken ill about Indian Tamils, the same way the rest-of-Indians have not been ill mouthed by a Sinhala.

I dream of a day when at least one MP from TN will address our PM in The Parliament as the PM of SL

If we are not with you in something does not mean we are backstabbing !!!
I Agree Indian Govt was INSENSITIVE in doing all SL related stuff with TN......instead there are plenty of other states ..that wuld have loved to interact !!

Dont make mockery of yourself !! Mob mentality to kick out Guests and destroy stuff is not the right message nor way to Do Justice to the cause for SL Tamils.........
If you are so hurt and want to to do something for SL tamils, Help them get reintegrated into SL Political System,Send aids to Develop Jaffna................................Acting BIG by kiskcing them out is jsut TIT for TAT Sadism ....

How old are you !! Russia is far far far aways...then how the heck did thyey help us in 71 war ??? China is far far away from SL,how did they help SL in their civil war ??

Your dream is **** !!.go back into the cave you came out from !!!As a CM of a state.there are protocol and certain manners you have to keep ..............What CM jaya did is utmost disrespect !.........

This is 2012 you are speaking about when India is governed by a coalition Govt. TN has 39 MPs in center.Is it so hard to use that political power to your advantage.

Just invite Jayalalitha to visit Norther Areas. If she accepts and the visit goes well, the ant-SL sentiments in TN can be cooled to some extent.

Was talking to someone in the liquor industry in TN. He mentioned there are rumours floating around that Jayalalitha is targettting the 39 MP seats to have a shot at PM position in 2014 and she is planning on complete alcohol prohibition in TN in October as this will gain goodwill for her from the women. My view is that Amma will project the SL tamils issue as well till then as this will be a guaranteed success for her in TN Lok sabha elections.

Back
Top Bottom