What's new

Tanks: Saudis out, Qataris in

Qatar is an island and their only land border (sort of) is with Saudi Arabia.

Who the hell are they buying armor for ?

:rofl: Salman, you know how to give the coolest laugh.

They have too much money, they will buy things even if it is not needed

No, again It's an obligation to the PAS. The World Cup thing is insane if that's what the article tells.

You just said it: Their only border is with Saudi Arabia. The two countries do not see eye to eye (pun not intended) on many issues. During the 90s, Saudis pushed Qataris back from the border by claiming that Qatar's border post was in Saudi territory. That is the reason why Qataris allowed USA to set up a huge base on their soil.

Qatar is rich and therefore fears others, especially Saudis.

The dispute we have had with Qatar was about the bloodless coup, the Saudi-Qatari boarder issue was settled nearly a century ago. Personally, I endorse many actions Qatar had taken toward KSA, but Qatar is more hated in the Arab World than the Ghadafi himself LoLz.

Qatar used to be a part of the Kingdom of Bahrain, but they sought after they independence and luckily they've got it. Both of them had tensions on and off, some were alarming, but KSA interfered and settle the score.

Qatar is also concerned about Iran as much as the GCC as a whole. In fact, Iran and Qatar had made some sort of an agreement to share a gas filed, located between their waters.

Being a rich nation doesn't make your neighbor concerned when they are allies.

i would love to Saudi and Qatari have the Leopard 2

That isn't true. Germany has already committed itself to deliver 277 Leopard 2 tanks to KSA.

Maybe you mean the deal with Spain. Spain produces the Leopard 2 under license as the Leopard 2E. The number of tanks ordered is between 200-300. They will be produced by General Dynamics Santa Bárbara.

Here a link to a German source.

I could see why SA would go for tank orders b/c of Israel/Iran but Qatar? alas when your an oil sheikh your wants are unlimited you know what they say "C'est La Vie"

I could see why SA would go for tank orders b/c of Israel/Iran but Qatar? alas when your an oil sheikh your wants are limited you know what they say "C'est La Vie"

Well. it isn't clear if this deal, if even truth, would be realized. If a left/green-coalition comes to power, the chances would be minimal.

They have already Buy hundreds of Altay´s !!!

Germany will Regret this.

Really want to know how a Strong Germany will have a Future with this "Greens" if they don´t allow to sell Weapons.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could see why SA would go for tank orders b/c of Israel/Iran but Qatar? alas when your an oil sheikh your wants are limited you know what they say "C'est La Vie"

I'm sure that you were smoking something, weren't you?

Politically, Qatar is an ally to KSA and vice versa. If you think that KSA was after the Leopards just because the Qataris bought, then you probably don't know the hell you're talking about. Qatar is a member-state of the PAS

They have already Buy hundreds of Altay´s !!!

Germany will Regret this.

Really want to know how a Strong Germany will have a Future with this "Greens" if they don´t allow to sell Weapons.

The Altay's deal hasn't been finalized yet, it was MoU.

Hi there,
How do you do Sir? :smart:

That's incorrect. Spain's deal was different, it took place in the forth quarter of 2009, prior to showing KSA's interest in the German-made Leopard 2 tanks in the second quarter of 2011. With that being said, there are two separate deals, one is partially being fainalized - 277 out of 800 - while the second is pending - Spain's - KSA is very interested in Leopards but if the remainder of the 800 tanks didn't work out, Spain is the alternative.

Maybe you mean the deal with Spain. Spain produces the Leopard 2 under license as the Leopard 2E. The number of tanks ordered is between 200-300. They will be produced by General Dynamics Santa Bárbara.

Here a link to a German source.

Politically, Qatar is an ally to KSA and vice versa. If you think that KSA was after the Leopards just because the Qataris bought ,then you probably don't know the hell you're talking about. Qatar is a member-state of the PAS

Nope I knew the KSA would go for the Abrams because the newer variants (for export) are much more qualified for combat in desert warfare/high heat stress areas than the leopard 2 my reasoning was that Qatar does not have the same military ambitions as the KSA, and be allies all you want any support human/technical offered by Qatar will be minimal to the already large financial and industrial resources the KSA has.

Your are right, The deal has already been finalized

Talk to them mate, we need the rest. :raise:

Enjoy your time being there....

Nope, no Leopard 2s im afraid. The massive strike rendered retards of the Arab forums are not a reliable source, they think their own farts are chemical weapons. And if you are to believe the idiots there then don't drag our IQ down with you buddy.

Politically, Qatar is an ally to KSA and vice versa. If you think that KSA was after the Leopards just because the Qataris bought, then you probably don't know the hell you're talking about. Qatar is a member-state of the PAS

The Altay's deal hasn't been finalized yet, it was MoU.

You keep ranting on acronyms that are absolutely made up, WTF does "PAS" stand for??? Peninsula Army Shield?? Seriously?? And what the hell does RSAD stand for? What the does RSNG stand for??? Please stop making up acronyms it makes you look silly.

You keep ranting on acronyms that are absolutely made up, WTF does "PAS" stand for??? Peninsula Army Shield?? Seriously?? And what the hell does RSAD stand for? What the does RSNG stand for??? Please stop making up acronyms it makes you look silly.

Hold your horses man :no: these are called You keep ranting on acronyms that are absolutely made up, WTF does "PAS" stand for??? Peninsula Army Shield?? Seriously?? And what the hell does RSAD stand for? What the does RSNG stand for??? Please stop making up acronyms it makes you look silly.[/QUOTE]

These aren't acronyms, people call them abbervations. http://www.writeexpress.com/abbreviations.html"]abbreviations
I'm not gonna waste my time to type down the whole word. For example, Electromagnetic pulse is commonly abbreviated EMP, while it doesn't have a reference in some dictionaries. Acronyms are fixed, while abbreviations aren't.

Next time, please drop the attitude, okay?

Hold your horses man :no: these are called abbreviations I'm not gonna waste my time to type down the whole word. For example, Electromagnetic pulse is commonly abbreviated EMP, while it doesn't have a reference in some dictionaries. Acronyms are fixed, while abbreviations aren't.

Next time, please drop the attitude, okay?

Well I was half asleep when I wrote that, and I know what abbreviations are, but seriously use the correct abbreviations next time okay? Your abbreviations are mostly wrong.

Qatar is rich and therefore fears others, especially Saudis.
they should join together and attack Iran

"pun intended" ;)

Well I was half asleep when I wrote that, and I know what abbreviations are, but seriously use the correct abbreviations next time okay? Your abbreviations are mostly wrong.

Aslam o Alakum
how is Ramadan going my dear :)

Back
Top Bottom