What's new

Tamilnadu MP, Kanimozhi alleges Hindi imposition at Chennai Airport

manlion

Reaction score
DMK MP Kanimozhi on Sunday said that a CISF officer posted at the airport here sought to know whether she was an “Indian” for not knowing Hindi, triggering yet another debate on “Hindi imposition” in institutions and installations managed by the Centre in non-Hindi speaking states

The incident took place on Sunday afternoon when Kanimozhi was at the domestic terminal of the airport to board a flight to New Delhi. As Kanimozhi narrated the incident on her verified Twitter page, #HindiImposition hashtag became the flavour on the micro-blogging site with hundreds of users supporting the MP and questioning the “insistence on one language.” “Today at the airport a CISF officer asked me if ‘I am an Indian’ when I asked her to speak to me in Tamil or English as I did not know Hindi. I would like to know from when being Indian is equal to knowing Hindi. #Hindiimposition,” Kanimozhi wrote.

As the incident stoked a row with many seeking explanations from the agency, CISF said it has ordered an enquiry into the matter. “It is not the policy of CISF to insist upon any particular language,” the CISF said.

Kanimozhi’s allegations of “Hindi imposition” comes close on the heels of the DMK viewing the three- language policy proposed in the New Education Policy (NEP) as an attempt to bring Sanskrit via the “back door”

After landing in Delhi, Kanimozhi told DH that the incident took place at the security area of the airport when an officer was making an announcement in Hindi. “I told the officer that not everyone knows Hindi and that the announcement should be in a language that people understand here (in Chennai). That is when she asked me whether I was an Indian. I did tell her this was not the way to talk and I still do not understand the connection between me not knowing Hindi and me being an Indian,” Kanimozhi added.

Quoting Kanimozhi’s tweet, several people took to Twitter to narrate their experiences of being told to learn Hindi by CISF personnel at airports and how “Hindi is being imposed” quietly on people from non-Hindi speaking states.

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/nation...ndi-imposition-at-chennai-airport-871345.html

116442284_3514351415292970_4072882980470704229_n.jpg

This is a dangerous precedent. If a Tamil person cannot communicate to the security at Chennai airport in her own language, then a lot is going wrong in India. I just checked the tweets of Kanimozhi, and it appears that the C.I.S.F. team have apologized to her online, and a disciplinary action will be taken against the imbecilic staff who forced her to speak Hindi against her will.

Eager to prove his Hindi point, Justice Katju shares troll post referencing ‘Baahubali’
“Our beloved Katju sir in our language 'Dambadamba jivla baahaa-na Katju' which means 'You are a Genius Katju sir',” the Facebook user wrote.

Markandey_Katju_Baahubali.jpg

NEWS CONTROVERSY MONDAY, AUGUST 17, 2020 - 15:43
TNM Staff Follow @thenewsminute
For nearly a week now, ever since the row over Hindi imposition made the headlines after DMK MP Kanimozhi spoke about her experience at an airport, former Supreme Court judge Markandey Katju has been actively advocating for the Tamil population to learn Hindi. The former judge, who has also served as the Chief Justice of the Madras High Court has been extensively using Facebook to reiterate that Hindi is the ‘link language of the sub-continent’ and that it would be beneficial for the Tamil population to learn it.

In this campaign, Justice Katju has been sharing accounts of Tamil Facebook users who message him criticising or rubbishing the Dravidian ‘anti-Hindi’ politics.

While one cannot distinguish if most of the messages which Katju shares are genuine or sarcastic, the post from one user identified as ‘Prakash Alagar’ which Katju shared on Monday, was evidently sarcastic. However, the former SC judge completely missed the joke.

‘Prakash’ claimed that he was from a village called ‘Kalakeya’ from Western Ghats in Tamil Nadu. He further said that his tribe speaks ‘Kiliki’ language, which was ‘neglected by the Tamil politicians.’

Supporting the argument made by the former judge, Prakash said, “If I speak 'Aardha bhos.. Kkraakvikana Bhhumle.. Mohinoojukooo…Lioohakvee… Unu Kaasthaa..peezzraaa.. RoopuveeMinn.. Bahathhee' in our language. They won't understand its a loss for us only. Being in Tamil Nadu we feel we are supposed to learn and speak in Tamil. Same way being in India, we must learn Hindi which is the language of Majority. Tamil Politicians should stop this hypocrisy an double standard.” (sic)

The references – as any keen fan of south Indian movies would by now have caught on to – are from the blockbuster hit film franchise Baahubali. Kalakeya is a fictional tribe that prominently feature in the film Baahubali: The Beginning, and the language KiLiKi was created by lyricist Madhan Karky specifically for the film.

‘Prakash’, whose trolling of the Hindi imposition debate was clearly lost of Katju, further wrote, “Please share this message to all the Indians. Let them know the plight of 13,124 Kalakeya Tribes and our Kiliki language which survived Tamil Supremacy. I want say to say this to you, our beloved Katju sir in our language 'Dambadamba jivla baahaa-na Katju' which means 'You are a Genius Katju sir'.” (sic)

The Baahubali films made by SS Rajamouli and starring Prabhas, Anushka, Rana Daggubati and others, were a huge success across the country. These films went on to make unprecedented records in the history of Indian films.

According to Karky Research Foundation (KRF) founded by Madhan Karky, KiLiKi is designed to be a minimalistic language using a minimum number of syllables and the KiLiKi alphabet comprises 22 symbols. Though the idea to create the language was limited to the film, now it has evolved into a language with script, grammar, and more than 3,000 words, KRF claims.

Going back to Katju's post, though many have pointed out in the comments that Prakash was playing a prank, the post remains. (Or does the judge know that Kiliki is fictional?)

https://www.thenewsminute.com/artic...ahubali-130924?amp=&__twitter_impression=true

Tamil is a hideous language. Ugly chicken scrawl script and sounds ugly too. A basic conversation sounds like people having a fight.

Hindustani/Urdu/Hindi is far, far, far nicer.

Whah, so now not only hindutva, but Hindi language as well lol.

But it will only cause more damage to India. It's not possible to impose another language on majority people . Pakistan once had this experience . And now India is following the same way.

I hope consequence will be worse in this case.

But it will only cause more damage to India. It's not possible to impose another language on majority people . Pakistan once had this experience . And now India is following the same way.

Don't know about majority but I strongly believe it's near impossible to impose an alien language on Bengalis.

All self respecting Bengalis will fight back, ghotis too.

And I don't mean fight with arms.

Mamata Didi will protect Bangla, People like Garga Chaterjee are the future of Bengali dominated Bengal.

DMK MP Kanimozhi on Sunday said that a CISF officer posted at the airport here sought to know whether she was an “Indian” for not knowing Hindi, triggering yet another debate on “Hindi imposition” in institutions and installations managed by the Centre in non-Hindi speaking states

The incident took place on Sunday afternoon when Kanimozhi was at the domestic terminal of the airport to board a flight to New Delhi. As Kanimozhi narrated the incident on her verified Twitter page, #HindiImposition hashtag became the flavour on the micro-blogging site with hundreds of users supporting the MP and questioning the “insistence on one language.” “Today at the airport a CISF officer asked me if ‘I am an Indian’ when I asked her to speak to me in Tamil or English as I did not know Hindi. I would like to know from when being Indian is equal to knowing Hindi. #Hindiimposition,” Kanimozhi wrote.

As the incident stoked a row with many seeking explanations from the agency, CISF said it has ordered an enquiry into the matter. “It is not the policy of CISF to insist upon any particular language,” the CISF said.

Kanimozhi’s allegations of “Hindi imposition” comes close on the heels of the DMK viewing the three- language policy proposed in the New Education Policy (NEP) as an attempt to bring Sanskrit via the “back door”

After landing in Delhi, Kanimozhi told DH that the incident took place at the security area of the airport when an officer was making an announcement in Hindi. “I told the officer that not everyone knows Hindi and that the announcement should be in a language that people understand here (in Chennai). That is when she asked me whether I was an Indian. I did tell her this was not the way to talk and I still do not understand the connection between me not knowing Hindi and me being an Indian,” Kanimozhi added.

Quoting Kanimozhi’s tweet, several people took to Twitter to narrate their experiences of being told to learn Hindi by CISF personnel at airports and how “Hindi is being imposed” quietly on people from non-Hindi speaking states.

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/nation...ndi-imposition-at-chennai-airport-871345.html

So election preparation in Tamil Nadu started by this clown family? Soon tide will change in TN as BJP is gaining in south with every passing day. Now BJP is biggest political party of south in terms of most Member of parliament.

BTW we Indians can settle our language dispute within ourselves.
Not required suggestions from any foreigner like you.
Both Hindi and Tamil are Indian language.

Only idiot can imagine that BJP want to or trying to impose Hindi over any other native Indian language.
Gujarat/Maharashtra/Karnataka/Assam all are non Hindi speaking states with BJP as biggest political force.
Soon West Bengal will have clear majority BJP government. Its also a non Hindi speaking state.

We Indian respect our native languages. And really don't want to loose this language diversity.

Don't know about majority but I strongly believe it's near impossible to impose an alien language on Bengalis.

All self respecting Bengalis will fight back, ghotis too.

And I don't mean fight with arms.

Mamata Didi will protect Bangla, People like Garga Chaterjee are the future of Bengali dominated Bengal.

Urdu is biggest alien language that is being imposed on West Bengal by Islamist Mamata Banergee. But don't worry BJP will change this. Just wait for 1 more year than Islamist rule of TMC will be wiped from WB.

Tamil is a hideous language. Ugly chicken scrawl script and sounds ugly too. A basic conversation sounds like people having a fight.

Hindustani/Urdu/Hindi is far, far, far nicer.

You must be living in Sinhalalalala land.
Sinhalese are genetic cousins of us Bengalis.
As cousins, we request you to not be racist.

Back
Top Bottom