What's new

Talibanization of Pakistan cricket team and wider society - why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menace2Society

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I remember a time when Pakistan was one of the fastest growing countries in the world. Where people were well groomed, spoke well and were normal enough to accept how other people wanted to live their lives.

Look at our early cricket players. Fine gentlemen, well groomed and dressed.
5386075e004a2.jpg

The-Pakistan-cricket-team-in-England.jpg

The 90s was the last generation to follow these principles. Thats why they were stars.
5465dc863f0f3.jpg

And now after severe Talibanization of Pakistani society look at this rabble. Superstar status gone. I blame Saeed Anwar and 9/11 accelerating the process. The pressure applied on Yousuf to convert, the society pressure he faced to change his identity. How pathetic have we become.

Look at this mess, thats why nobody treats us like they used to.
2816615297.jpg

image_20130906104209.jpg

57459fedb92d1.png

mohd-yousuf300.jpg

Interesting how the pathan players like Younis and Imran Khan and Afridi and others have not gone the same way. They still value being well groomed and well presented but sadly look at what we have become.

We have lost all the star power. I wish we could reverse the process of Talibanization. Who is at fault for this mess?

I blame Saeed Anwar but then what led up to that moment? Bhutto changing the destiny of the country in the 70s? Our forefathers were such worldly people, we should have gone forwards and upwards but just regressed into this mess.

Nothing to do with beards. Its supremacism and missionary zeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom