What's new

Taliban suffocate Pakistan Buddhist heritage

Status
Not open for further replies.
already replied all your questions:hang2::lazy:

so "angoor khatte" is the reply, hell with you seriously man

GO GET A LIFE

BTW i will waiting for more of your Fatwa's, here in Isloo, Lal Masjid is open u can Join them any time okk & yeah u can always escape in Burqa...

Last edited:
Babri Mosque was a khandar, and no prayers were held there for more than 50 years. In essence it was a empty building.

:what: many mandirs, temples in India are also not used for worship but merely empty buildings why dont you destroy them.

your statement was no more than a BS.

Look, let's cut to the chase here. The true test of whether idols will be permitted or not is this: Are Muslim Pakistanis willing to cough up the money to repair or replace the Gandhara and Buddhist "idols" the Taliban may be destroying? Yes or no.

Well its upto Afghanistan if they want to sell their artifacts or not, but I think Pakistan should keep all these archaelogical findings that are found in Pakistan.

There have been many archaelogical findings in Pakistan such as Taxila, Gandhara, ancient Buddhist statues, Mohenjo-Daro and Harappa of the ancient Indus Valley Civilization, etc...

A country can earn billions on tourism alone, and Pakistan has so much potential in the tourism sector.

A country can earn more money on tourism than selling ancient artifacts.

You replied to a man, who knows nothing about what he is talking.

The talk of money to be gained by selling the statues, came into being when the council of 400 clerics in Afghanistan passed a referendum on destroying the large Buddha statues in Bamyan. That was when a foreign museum offered the Taliban government a good amount of money (of course not amounting to billions, as stated by 'Fundamentalist') to buy the statues when their destruction became imminent. Whatever happened is all history now.

You can refer to the entire article here:-

Islam Online- News Section

:what: many mandirs, temples in India are also not used for worship but merely empty buildings why dont you destroy them.

your statement was no more than a BS.

Jana, I have lived in India, and if you believe my words... any temple, that has had no visitors for a long time, and is not a heritage site, is indeed destroyed to give way for some other useful building.

Example: A 30 year old temple (of Lord Krishna) in the heart of New Delhi, Dwarka, regularly and frequently visited by people for the purposes of faith, was destroyed in the matter 5 hours to give way for a hospital. People were very much angry but could not do anything in front of a large section of police force. It happened not long ago, just a year back.

So now you know.

Look, let's cut to the chase here. The true test of whether idols will be permitted or not is this: Are Muslim Pakistanis willing to cough up the money to repair or replace the Gandhara and Buddhist "idols" the Taliban may be destroying? Yes or no.

For the time being no such thing is happening, and for decades money has been coughed up to maintain them, so if incase such a thing happens, we will cough up money to rebuild them, InshAllah.

Even in museum as per islamic law Statues are not allowed , i am not mufti but telling you as per my understanding and knowledge.

Man why don't u talk with some proof

There are museums with statues from Harappa, Mohenjedaro & taxila, this means they are all.......

u prove me wrong please....

Jana, I have lived in India, and if you believe my words... any temple, that has had no visitors for a long time, and is not a heritage site, is indeed destroyed to give way for some other useful building.

Example: A 30 year old temple (of Lord Krishna) in the heart of New Delhi, Dwarka, regularly and frequently visited by people for the purposes of faith, was destroyed in the matter 5 hours to give way for a hospital. People were very much angry but could not do anything in front of a large section of police force. It happened not long ago, just a year back.

So now you know.

I believe Babri Masjid was definitely a great heritage site having been there for hundred of years since 16th century if i am not wrong, a building which was a legacy since the first Mughal Emperor, making it earn the respect it deserved.

Also Babri Masjid with centuries old legacy can't be compared to a temple which was just 30 years old. Hell of a difference between both buildings age and importance.

So now you know.

Babri Mosque was indeed a heritage.

Besides destroying any temple, Mosque for paving way for construction of a hospital or any other such public service development is one thing and destroying a historical mosque by Hindu fanatics is another.

so your justification does not hold any weight.

[

Taliban suffocate Pakistan Buddhist heritage

"For weeks we don't get even a single foreign visitor. If visitors don't come, if sites are not preserved and protected, if research stops, what do you think will be the future of archaeology?" he said.

When was the last time, they had many visitors in a week??

Even before 9/11 and even before spread of militancy after US attacked Afghanistan, there were no significant number of visitors to Taxila's historical Budhist sites.

Italian archaeologists were active in Pakistan's northwest Swat valley from 1956 until they reluctantly discontinued work in 2007 after Taliban fighters led by radical cleric Maulana Fazlullah rose up demanding sharia law.

Everyone and everything is in the eyes of storm due to militancy. Swat was not even safe for locals so its obvious that foreigners would have avoided to visit.

He says the army has requisitioned the museum building in Swat's main town of Mingora. Despite the summer offensive, which appears to have flushed out Taliban havens in Swat for now, he doubts life will soon return to normal.

"I don't see any chance in the near future of re-opening the Swat museum. The situation is still not suitable.

more than Bull. Sh.it because we have seen after army had cleared Swat of militants even women were flocking the markets for Eid shopping two months back and now on this Eid you can imagine the level of normalcy.

Even cinemas there have been opened and music, art is coming back

Besides destroying any temple, Mosque for paving way for construction of a hospital or any other such public service development is one thing and destroying a historical mosque by Hindu fanatics is another.

[

You should ask Mr. Babur why he build the mosque on Birth Place of Rama.

I believe Babri Masjid was definitely a great heritage site having been there for hundred of years since 16th century if i am not wrong, a building which was a legacy since the first Mughal Emperor, making it earn the respect it deserved.

Also Babri Masjid with centuries old legacy can't be compared to a temple which was just 30 years old. Hell of a difference between both buildings age and importance.

Taimikhan, first of all, I doubt any Indian here would disagree with you on the heritage value of the Babari Mosque. Secondly, I was in no way comparing it with a 30 year old small10mx15m temple (there are already too many in Delhi). It was mere a reply to Jana, who wondered if useless temples would be destroyed to give way for better infrastructure or anything useful to the society.

However, the Liberhan Commission's report is still under consideration and an exhaustive research work is on to determine the existence (still disputed) of a Ram Mandir beneath the Babari Mosque, as claimed by Hindu organizations. Upon the completion and determination of all the reports will it be decided what to do with the site.

Anyway, I will let you in on a fact - Qutab Minar in New Delhi, and its older neighbor, Alai Minar, were constructed upon a Hindu temple and a Jain temple respectively. I request you to visit Delhi (I will be more than glad to accompany you as your host) and see the idols of Hindu and Jain gods on their internal pillars by yourself. Yet, Qutab Minar and Alai Minar (You must wonder why do they flank the Ashoka Pillar, built 1000 years before them, on each side) are parts of our national pride.

So please abstain from generalizing the entire country basing it on a singled out incident.

P.S. Let us stick to the topic - the Bamyan statues, and justification for their destruction.

Last edited:

[

If any ancient temple is built upon a Mosque, I would be party to the crowd that takes down the Mandir to bring the old mosque back into existence.

Please do not argue on bringing down just any old temple without any valid reasons. It will be a wastage of manual labor, and destruction of a heritage site.

Taimikhan, first of all, I doubt any Indian here would disagree with you on the heritage value of the Babari Mosque. Secondly, I was in no way comparing it with a 30 year old small10mx15m temple (there are already too many in Delhi). It was mere a reply to Jana, who wondered if useless temples would be destroyed to give way for better infrastructure or anything useful to the society.

However, the Liberhan Commission's report is still under consideration and an exhaustive research work is on to determine the existence (still disputed) of a Ram Mandir beneath the Babari Mosque, as claimed by Hindu organizations. Upon the completion and determination of all the reports will it be decided what to do with the site.

Anyway, I will let you in on a fact - Qutab Minar in New Delhi, and its older neighbor, Alai Minar, were constructed upon a Hindu temple and a Jain temple respectively. I request you to visit Delhi (I will be more than glad to accompany you as your host) and see the idols of Hindu and Jain gods on their internal pillars by yourself. Yet, Qutab Minar and Alai Minar (You must wonder why do they flank the Ashoka Pillar, built 1000 years before them, on each side) are parts of our national pride.

So please abstain from generalizing the entire country basing it on a singled out incident.

P.S. Let us stick to the topic - the Bamyan statues, and justification for their destruction.

Well if you were so much concerned about the post of Jana and replying to hers, would have been better you had seen the post of the indian member to whose post Jana replied in such a way. Sometimes apnay garaiban mae bhi jhank naa chahiyea.

And with no hard feelings, but i have for the time being no desire to come to India and sent back in a body bag as many have been or in an unstable mindset through the brutal torture, as the chances of that are great especially as I am from the area which is the border area of the current hot zone and a Pushtun :) .

Plus, i am not contesting the notion that these structures were built by raising to the ground other religious ones. That is to be certified by the Indian govt, they are the expert and have experts.

Babri Mosque is a disputed site. Libarhan Commission is working on the problem from years. Nothing can be done until a solution acceptable to all is found.

Please take note that Hindus want to build a Shriram Mandir there. But that has not been built, either. So, India is still secular with no clever talks.

I have only four word for it.

Just delayed is justice denied.

Very clever way of postponing till next generation, than those clever ones will do it their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom