What's new

Taliban easing peace talks’ conditions

in other words atlast it is accepted that "Its not terrorism its guarding own interests you stupid"

so all hallow words about "terrorism" should be kept aside by now

They will leave their violent struggle which is not going anywhere and join in Afghan society building.

Pakistan has been saying this since decades

During 2001 the scenario is different, there are some sects in Pakistani establishment that thought they can do a USSR to US and also get Billions.
Then there are some Political establishment who thought talks are the way forward.

When these Mullahs from Pakistan went to talks with Afghan Taliban they returned with the decision to fight.

Pakistan never thought that these extremists will turn against Pakistan and they can be used by external forces.

Pakistan was in the mood of Afghan Jihad and the success it brought to ISI.

During 2001 the scenario is different, there are some sects in Pakistani establishment that thought they can do a USSR to US and also get Billions.
Then there are some Political establishment who thought talks are the way forwards.

When these Mullahs from Pakistan went to talks with Afghan Taliban they returned with the decision to fight.

I see & you were apprised of this how exactly ? :what:

When these Mullahs from Pakistan went to talks with Afghan Taliban they returned with the decision to fight. I still do not understand how that decision came.

The cat and mouse game will continue for atleast another decade.

When these Mullahs from Pakistan went to talks with Afghan Taliban they returned with the decision to fight. I still do not understand how that decision came.

Hain ? Kaun saa Mullah...? Kaun see fight ? :what:

They were attacked by the United States...what else were they supposed to do ?

They offered to repatriate Osama to a Muslim country if 'evidence' was provided against him...Uncle Sam instead went Geronimo on their arse & now reaps what it sowed...just as we do !

I don't believe this!Pakistan is still to be blamed in Russia--Afghan war?what wrong with our Indian friends?are you too immature to understand that at that time the only compitent US had was Russia?and this war was not launched by MULLAS!This war was supported strongly by U.S.A,because if Russia is damaged of course it will be only U.S remain with greater power and will be in a position to implant its strategies...Pakistan on the other hand was still in same position as she is today,she was threaten by Russian,because if Russia had attacked Afghanistan and other countries of that area then definitely Russians were came up with the plan against Pakistan...and it was best time for U.S.A to launch its strategy.
So U.S.A offered Pakistan against Russia,Pakistan accepted like this we (PAK AND US)succeed.
But who knows that they have other plans???check out U.S.A's hollywood movies and media at that time,how were they supporting these talibans?how Americans shows talibans as the Heros and with respect called them as MUJAHIDS!
But who knows that after few years,a looser is gonna hit Trade towers and this new drama will begain?definitely its a very old plan!and now these mujahids are terrorists??bravo!
did you remember that how foreign media supported this drama?cnn showed poor Palestinians in celebration and the date which was written on camera was 2 days before attack and they are saying:''Palestinians are celebrating attack on trade tower''and BBC?this news channel showed wrong structure of trade building,do some research.and the original structure was so strong that it can only fall unless dynamites are placed inside the buildings,and this was find out from very old documentry in which making of trade tower was shown.

I have a complain with my Indian brothers,that while analyzing they do not act in neutral way,and they are usually come under the influence of media, no matter they are filled with how much lies,you guys analyze Pakistan getting benifit but didn't realize the original gameplan,Pakistan's situaltion and threats she faced and U.S.A's silent role to attain their targets!
Man!Americans are very lucky:azn:

Hain ? Kaun saa Mullah...? Kaun see fight ? :what:

They were attacked by the United States...what else were they supposed to do ?

They offered to repatriate Osama to a Muslim country if 'evidence' was provided against him...Uncle Sam instead went Geronimo on their arse & now reaps what it sowed...just as we do !

Tell me what we have got to lose or lost to reap what we sowed? We came with a purpose - get rid of that rat - OBL and his brigade - we got rid of them - as the byproduct got rid of Taliban who was in control and sitting in Kabul with only Masood and Dostum occupying few parts of Afghanistan. Now Taliban is fighting insurgency - the only failure if we quit now is that we have lost building a nation post-war. Afghanistan will go back to the chaotic days of civil war but guess what - Taliban will not be a power like the pre-2001 because we will provide the funding to the war lords like Masood's brother opposing the Taliban - the $4 billion per year what we had promised Afghanistan for her security till 2024. We will just watch the show from the sidelines with no rats like OBL to target us.

And if someone points out that it cost U.S the economy, what we spent in Afghanistan is about $330 billion in 11 years - considering that the US defence budget is around $600 billion per year, do you think that $30 bill per year roughly would have cost US the economy other than factors like sub-prime mortgage crisis?

Tell me what we have got to lose or lost to reap what we sowed? We came with a purpose - get rid of that rat - OBL and his brigade - we got rid of them - as the byproduct got rid of Taliban who was in control and sitting in Kabul with only Masood and Dostum occupying few parts of Afghanistan. Now Taliban is fighting insurgency - the only failure if we quit now is that we have lost building a nation post-war. Afghanistan will go back to the chaotic days of civil war but guess what - Taliban will not be a power like the pre-2001 because we will provide the funding to the war lords like Masood's brother opposing the Taliban - the $4 billion per year what we had promised Afghanistan for her security till 2024. We will just watch the show from the sidelines with no rats like OBL to target us.

And if someone points out that it cost U.S the economy, what we spent in Afghanistan is about $330 billion in 11 years - considering that the US defence budget is around $600 billion per year, do you think that $30 bill per year roughly would have cost US the economy other than factors like sub-prime mortgage crisis?

You dint come for OBL :) for what you came has not been achieved and hence the agreement to take Taliban along.

You came with what purpose ? To get rid of OBL ? That purpose could have been achieved if the Taliban had been offered the evidence they sought to repatriate him to a Muslims country (insert Saudi Arabia).

What you guys instead did was bomb a country to nothing, killed so many Afghans & Pakistanis, lost so many American soldiers in turn, raked up more debt than anything you ever had, lost yet another war only to masquerade as an after-thought as if you won & destabilized the region for generations to come.

And for what ? Doing in 2012 what Pakistan asked you to do in '01 - Talk to the Taliban !

And why would the country not fall back into a civil-war ? Whole swathes of Afghanistan are under Taliban control & those blasted Warlords were the ones who fought each other to the ruining of their country in the early '90s. I'm sure you've brought stability to those lands ! :tup:

You guys in your stupidity don't realize that with Iraq, with Afghanistan, with the way you use & abuse Muslim countries (Pakistan & most of the Arab world)...you've strengthened Al-Qaeeda more than it ever was ! For every OBL a 100 would take his place & who would suffer their wrath ? We...the innocent in the Muslim World who are sandwiched between your ardent desire to stick your d*ck in everything & they - the terrorists - who'd butcher me in trying to castrate you !

Yes you've won ! :tup:

in other words atlast it is accepted that "Its not terrorism its guarding own interests you stupid"

so all hallow words about "terrorism" should be kept aside by now

That's the problem with a lot of myopic Pakistanis. Why do the 2 have to be mutually exclusive. Guarding one's interest is always the highest priority. And getting rid of source of Global terrorism is pretty critical to protection of self Interests. Unfortunately, only America at this time has the muscle power to do something about it so blatantly..

They key questions are,

-Who will control ANA? will NATO allow to dilute it by adding Taliban fighters?
-How will be the power sharing/administration?

Given the history, it will lead to more trouble.

They key questions are,

-Who will control ANA? will NATO allow to dilute it by adding Taliban fighters?
-How will be the power sharing/administration?

Given the history, it will lead to more trouble.

1. its already diluted.

2. If NATO/US only allow non-Pukhtuns in ANA then it will backfire.

3. power-sharing is indeed a question to ponder :) may be spliting Afghanistan and giving respective areas to popularly elected groups

You came with what purpose ? To get rid of OBL ? That purpose could have been achieved if the Taliban had been offered the evidence they sought to repatriate him to a Muslims country (insert Saudi Arabia).

What you guys instead did was bomb a country to nothing, killed so many Afghans & Pakistanis, lost so many American soldiers in turn, raked up more debt than anything you ever had, lost yet another war only to masquerade as an after-thought as if you won & destabilized the region for generations to come.

And for what ? Doing in 2012 what Pakistan asked you to do in '01 - Talk to the Taliban !

And why would the country not fall back into a civil-war ? Whole swathes of Afghanistan are under Taliban control & those blasted Warlords were the ones who fought each other to the ruining of their country in the early '90s. I'm sure you've brought stability to those lands ! :tup:

What else we came for apart from OBL especially in Afghanistan? It is a classic case of action/reaction. Reaction after few futile attempts to get OBL.

1998 embassy bombings - OBL behind it - Interpol arrest warrant out and US requested extradition from Taliban. Taliban were lying through their ***** that OBL was not there.

2000 - USS Cole bombing - OBL sitting in Afghanistan but was behind it and OBL's buddy Taliban conveniently was sitting quiet.

9/11 - Our financial capital attacked and 3000 innocents killed - what do you think we will do? Make it a "Dossier politics"? No - Taliban invited trouble and got it. Did we want to come and lose our soldiers' lives? No. We never had a choice except come at them. And economics wise I showed you the nos - so lets not go there about our debts.

But behind the scenes diplomacy happened to get OBL but who stalled it? Musharraf. Here is the link for you -

Pakistan blocks bin Laden trial - Telegraph

Again coming back to 2012 - Did we come for nation building? No - but haven't we taken the moral route to talk to Taliban and initiate a peace deal before we leave in 2014? Even if we leave - here is the situation mate - The Afghanistan with whatever the semblance of democracy with 200,000 odd ANA will be supported by US for next 10 years - So there is no easy route for Taliban except it will be civil war - So who is at fault here? US or your buddy Taliban? . ANA will be supported by every country including I would say Iran(considering what Taliban did to their diplomats in 1998 in Mazar-e-Sherif) except Pakistan - And why Pakistan will support Taliban - the ancient barbaric morons - you know the answer mate.

You guys in your stupidity don't realize that with Iraq, with Afghanistan, with the way you use & abuse Muslim countries (Pakistan & most of the Arab world)...you've strengthened Al-Qaeeda more than it ever was ! For every OBL a 100 would take his place & who would suffer their wrath ? We...the innocent in the Muslim World who are sandwiched between your ardent desire to stick your d*ck in everything & they - the terrorists - who'd butcher me in trying to castrate you !

Yes you've won ! :tup:

And leave out Iraq and other discussions about the new Crusade out of here and stick to Afghanistan - will you?

You dint come for OBL :) for what you came has not been achieved and hence the agreement to take Taliban along.

My response to Armstrong above holds the answer. :)

Back
Top Bottom