What's new

Taliban announce peace talks with Pakistan

We cannot enter into dialogue with the Taliban for the following reasons:

1) We have seen how well the agreements in SWA, Swat and Bajaur have been honoured. Like a wise man once said:
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me".

2) These people have taken the lives of over 40,000 innocent Pakistanis, can we really allow them to go scotch free ?

3) These people will use this as an opportunity to restock for another summer offensive like they did with the Bajaur Accord of 2009.

In a nutshell, there is no room for peace talk. The Taliban have been beaten to a pulp and are in no condition to carry out a sustained campaign of attacks against the state any longer. It would make sense to demand a general surrender. To start negotiations with them on the "My enemy's enemy is my friend" maxim will be the biggest diplomatic blunder in the history of the world. These people will stab us in the back at the first chance they get.

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

What foreigners?

TTP is enemy of NATO+allies.

How many NATO kills have they claimed ?
Now divide that against 40,000 Pakistanis.
You have your ratio, you have your answer.

I hope they are not doing this to buy time and to regroup bcoz their azz is badly kicked by Pak army.

We cannot enter into dialogue with the Taliban for the following reasons:

1) We have seen how well the agreements in SWA, Swat and Bajaur have been honoured. Like a wise man once said:
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me".

2) These people have taken the lives of over 40,000 innocent Pakistanis, can we really allow them to go scotch free ?

3) These people will use this as an opportunity to restock for another summer offensive like they did with the Bajaur Accord of 2009.

In a nutshell, there is no room for peace talk. The Taliban have been beaten to a pulp and are in no condition to carry out a sustained campaign of attacks against the state any longer. It would make sense to demand a general surrender. To start negotiations with them on the "My enemy's enemy is my friend" maxim will be the biggest diplomatic blunder in the history of the world. These people will stab us in the back at the first chance they get.

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

How many NATO kills have they claimed ?
Now divide that against 40,000 Pakistanis.
You have your ratio, you have your answer.

They're Allies of Al-Qaeda and they're in Afghanistan and many of the drone strikes are aimed at them.

Camp Chapman attack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hakimullah Mehsud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.longwarjournal.org/videos/2010/05/hakeemullah_mehsud_breaks_his.php

You guys are most confused lot in the world :angry: your hatred shifts from one goal post to other goal post in no time. Whenever any bomb blast occurs, you throw wild accusations to say that TTP is controlled by RAW to destroy Pakistan, but now 180 degrees tilt :hitwall: how can you support talks between RAW controlled TTP and your government and cheer for that :hitwall:

Most of the times, I get a feeling from some members here that, as long as it works against India and Indian Hindus, you can go to any extent to lie.

You guys are beyond anybody's comprehension :hitwall:

The two links you have posted are closely related, here's how in a chronological list of events:

1) American drone strike kills baitullah mehsud.
2) TTP carries out Camp Chapman Attack as vengeance for the blood of baitullah.
3) Americans carry out drone strike against hakimullah mehsud in retaliation for the Camp Chapman attack.

They have animosity between them but they are hardly enemies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom