What's new

Tale of a Brave IAF Pilot.

I, think my post was pretty self explanatory.

Yes, one pilot in that Sabre formation is our forum member, and will be able to separate fact from fiction, i don't think however he would be commenting here.

That will be great to have the first hand information on something like this!!!!!!!

Has to be Mr MuradK. I read somwhere he flew Sabres!!
@Aero can U pls pm him to comment here?

Great vedio guys.

I HERD that the IAF GNAT though a basic fighter with no missles was a tiny highly agile plane and so small it was really difficult to shoot down in dog fights

GNAT was a indengious fighter i think built by hal

Great vedio guys.

I HERD that the IAF GNAT though a basic fighter with no missles was a tiny highly agile plane and so small it was really difficult to shoot down in dog fights

GNAT was a indengious fighter i think built by hal

Gnat is British.

The Ajeet is an indigenous version of Gnat built by HAL.

That would be better too. But can you tell us what is the fiction here ??? You seem convinced over it. So you too can explain and enlighten us.

The idea that dotani was hit or something, he was never hit and instead exited from the combat zone.
the initial article is a better read.. instead of a jingoistic presentation.

This is a beautiful 3D animated reconstruction of one of the Indian Air Force's most unforgettable dogfights -- in which Flying Officer Nirmal Jit Singh Sekhon valiantly defended the Srinagar air force base with a Folland Gnat against marauding Pakistani F-86 Sabres on December 14, 1971, exactly 41 years ago. A fitting tribute. Big kudos to Anurag for this, and here's hoping there's more soon.

Livefist: 41 Years Ago: Animated Reconstruction Of IAF's Most Historic Dogfight

The narrator mentioned Flt. Lt. Mirza shot down the Indian pilot. I suspect that must be Flt. Lt. Saleem Mirza, although Sir @Muradk would know better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys Guys Guys come on now we are still stuck in 1971 war. I saw the video it is good I mean Good Bullshit ( with due respect ).

Salim Baig took the shot I don't think Sekhon ejected cant be sure. Andarabi was behind him but could not take a shot because one of his fuel tank it was stuck to his wing. In a Dog fight things can change in a sec, That's what happend sekhon got after Andarabi and Salim came from the top and took him out. None of the Sabers got shot not even a scratch.
You guys should read the above article written by Air Cdre Kaiser Tufail. It is not easy to write such articles with details he has done a fantastic job. Putting these dog Fights in his book if I am not wrong he even went to India and met IAF 1965 and 71 war vets.

f21a91ccd48ed8b9c001d6b3261265da.jpg

Flying officer Nirmal Jit Singh Sekhon Param veer chakra

5448b7cea18ec6cb70b9fb847540fc10.jpg

Back
Top Bottom