What's new

Tajik Army officer stuns Indian delegation with flawless Hindi

English is good for the global industries, but if India and Indians truly want a national language then SANSKRIT should be enforced at all levels....it will be a long process but start in the primary schools.....it would be a great intiative to bring back a dying wonderful language

A very novel idea, but it may not be welcomed by pseudo secularists as they see Sanskrit as a Hindu Language.

Sanskrit isn't the mother of Tamil, Malayalam has some Sanskrit Influences, but mostly Tamil.

Only thing Tamil and Northern languages have in common is the Script all comes from one ancient source. All Indian script, including a lot in S.E. Asian scripts have origins from one old script. -Brahmi script-

To add to what you have just said, Telugu also has quite a bit of Sanskrit influence.

Sanskrit could be made the National Language!

It's high time Indian Academicians sit together and revise the entire History of India keeping away the Western Academia(Responsible for lots of Distortion), Communists, Congress, Victorian and all such Craps!

Mathur – A Karnataka Village That Speaks in Sanskrit
Sanskrit, or Samskrita, is the primary tongue of the villagers in Mattur, or Mathur Village in Karnataka. The village, which is around 10 km from Shimoga, having been making sure that the ancient language flourishes in their village.

Subha J Rao writes in the Magazine section of The Hindu about this interesting village and the effort the villagers are taking in keeping Sanskrit alive.

Some excerpts from the article

The seed for change was sown in 1982, when the organization, Samskruta Bharathi, got together a 10-day programme to teach the villagers spoken Sanskrit. And, people in this primarily agricultural society eagerly took part in the unique experiment. Now, Sanskrit has become the primary tongue for many of the residents.

This village and the neighboring Hosahalli are mainly populated by Sanketis, who speak Sanskrit at home. And, it is not just them who speak the language. The village has a fair share of people from other communities, and all of them are exposed to Sanskrit. Local teachers attribute the fluency to the dedication with which a “new language’ was learnt.
Another village that converses in Sanskrit in India is Jhiri village in Rajgarh District of Madhya Pradesh. This was reported a year ago in the visual media.

Mathur – A Karnataka Village That Speaks in Sanskrit ~ Hindu Blog

Sanskrit is Infact the Mother of all Living Languages... Tamil Have many words of Sanskrit ... But its not the Other way around... So its proves Sanskrit is Oldest language...

& its a Other Fact that Sanskrit Like Hinduism didnt origin in India... & all South India Language came from Tamil But the Tamil Itself came from Sanskrit...

Sanskrit is the Oldest Language while Tamil is the Oldest Living Language...

Panini is the worlds oldest grammarian whose works are intact, although there were many grammarians before Panini in the Indian subcontinent, some of which undoubtedly lived in the territory now called pakistan.They were all the fathers of grammar, and perfected the Sanskrit language to a great height...

Sanskrit was not called sanskrit before, the word Sanskrit means 'cultured, perfected." The language was described completely by Panini in his Ashta-adhyayi (Eight Chaptered (book)), it is worlds complete and shortest grammar for any human language.Sanskrit is related to the Indo-iranian avestan language,which is the mother of the modern Persian language.This is because both the languages have a common ancestor and a common race.

Sanskrit attained heights in North India, which also includes portions called Pakistan now.2 of the 9 great grammarians of sanskrit where born there..

This has been ages of misinformation. Tamil was the oldest language to split from Sanskrit, mate. It was the first language that split and went parallel as a separate language, but it essentially did come from Sanskrit. All Indian languages have. And very highly qualified Tamils accept this.

Do you know that Tamils Hindus (the priests) pray in Sanskrit as well?

Malayalam IS itself tightly wound Sanskrit spoken very fast. I being Sikkimese could make out the meaning of lot of words correctly.

This is a misconception. Sanskrit is the oldest language while Tamil is the oldest breakaway language from Sanskrit.

Malu here.....i got love for you guys/gals in the Northeast.....my interactions have always surprised how moderna dnf orward thinking y ufolks are compared to the rest of India.....The South and the Northeast is being bled by the Mayawati;s and Laloo's of India...lol

So why bother learn another Indian language just for the sake of integration, patriotism as u say.

Arent we integrated all these years?? What difference will it make?

I never asked any one to learn another Indian language... I asked because of politics we are forced to learn english

I never asked any one to learn another Indian language... I asked because of politics we are forced to learn english

Nobody is forcing you, in any case, English is now as much Indian as any other language. History cannot be changed, speaking English is a direct outcome of history, just like speaking any other "Indian" language is.

if you job is tranferable then on each time you have to learn one more local language some languages are simple to pick as punjabi and gujrati but learning urdu is very tough as for me and there i have used kashmiri boy for as language translator,

I think there is enough options in the Indian educational system to bypass learning English, but again why should one forgo the chance to become a global citizen by not learning English.

Nobody is forcing you, in any case, English is now as much Indian as any other language. History cannot be changed, speaking English is a direct outcome of history, just like speaking any other "Indian" language is.

i can not agree with you and I rest with my case..
the debate is not what is now at present.. my point is what we have lost because of the language politics...

look today even if I support for hindi, thats too I have to explain in english, and what can be more hypocrisy this also I am typing in english :hitwall: ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom