What's new

Taiwan hails missile as 'aircraft carrier killer'

I believe Taiwan is wasting money on the missile to kill a piece of JUNK. .
This training carrier may be a piece of junk, but Taiwan is not wasting any money here, least of all of the deterrence factor. If this Taiwanese weapon is successful, and I have no technical doubt the Taiwanese can do it, it does not matter if the target is an aircraft carrier or a destroyer.

This training carrier may be a piece of junk, but Taiwan is not wasting any money here, least of all of the deterrence factor. If this Taiwanese weapon is successful, and I have no technical doubt the Taiwanese can do it, it does not matter if the target is an aircraft carrier or a destroyer.

Its a normal anti-ship missile. Calm down lol. They could've saved money and bought Harpoon but instead wasted time and money devising an inferior weapon to what they can just buy.

Its a normal anti-ship missile. Calm down lol. They could've saved money and bought Harpoon but instead wasted time and money devising an inferior weapon to what they can just buy.
Sounds like you are scared since this is just another piece of the fact that the PRC will not be able to subdue the Taiwanese as easy as you would like to believe. May be it should be YOU who should calm down.

Sounds like you are scared since this is just another piece of the fact that the PRC will not be able to subdue the Taiwanese as easy as you would like to believe. May be it should be YOU who should calm down.

Nah I'm happy because they wasted money that could've gone towards buying Harpoons. They're even being ridiculed by Taiwanese :lol:

Nah I'm happy because they wasted money that could've gone towards buying Harpoons. They're even being ridiculed by Taiwanese :lol:
Wealthy people can afford to 'waste' money. If anything, this purchase of a decrepit ship and spending all that money to refit is more of a waste than what the Taiwanese is doing.

Wealthy people can afford to 'waste' money. If anything, this purchase of a decrepit ship and spending all that money to refit is more of a waste than what the Taiwanese is doing.

Nah Taiwan's economy is smaller than Guangdong, Shandong and Jiangsu, soon to be overtaken by Zhejiang. Guangdong itself has a larger navy, air force and army than all of Taiwan :lol:

They are least able to afford any arms race.

Nah Taiwan's economy is smaller than Guangdong, Shandong and Jiangsu, soon to be overtaken by Zhejiang. Guangdong itself has a larger navy, air force and army than all of Taiwan :lol:

They are least able to afford any arms race.
Smaller does not mean they cannot budget for what they need and that they cannot afford it. The fact that the Taiwanese have been purchasing US arms, from ships to fighter aircrafts proved this.

I wish Taiwan success in developing something that will never be used. Being so close to China, I have little doubt the wiser heads behind their military will think twice, three or even four times before firing anything at Chinese naval assets. :agree:

I wish Taiwan success in developing something that will never be used. Being so close to China, I have little doubt the wiser heads behind their military will think twice, three or even four times before firing anything at Chinese naval assets. :agree:

if they're US's puppet , they will keep firing till last bullet, so dare you kill US's puppet ??

if they're US's puppet , they will keep firing till last bullet, so dare you kill US's puppet ??

Words means nothing, action means everything. Dare the so called small U.S. puppet fire at Chinese naval assets? :azn:

They will if the PRC tries something.

The PRC need not try anything other than to continue with what they are doing. Like I say, I wish Taiwan all the best of luck in developing what they are developing.

The PRC need not try anything other than to continue with what they are doing. Like I say, I wish Taiwan all the best of luck in developing what they are developing.
Then the PRC should have no worries with whatever the Taiwanese do with their money.

Then the PRC should have no worries with whatever the Taiwanese do with their money.

Why should they? Don't let a handful of post mislead your judgments. I am sure they are more curious than they are worried.

No one should be worried about anyones spending, just like America shouldn't be worried about China's spending and what the PRC does with their money.

Back
Top Bottom