What's new

Taiwan can respond to assassination of unarmed fisherman by the Philippines

Gawd enough of this apology. The apology was already given but Taiwan rejects it and will still impose sanctions. That is their choice and problem. The Philippines has been diplomatic but should not be too nice when we are already being bullied.

I'd agree. That is one mistake Ma has made, keep demanding for an apology, when the real issues are determining if the shooting was warranted and compensation.

I hardly think the moment happened like a movie scene. If I had to use a movie to describe it, I would probably say the "Killing Field" to describe what had happened - 42 out of 52 shots aimed at the Captains cabin, while he was running away, not presenting any danger to anyone. Even assuming , for the sake of argument, that he ignored the blare horn and continue to fish, and then try to back up the ship and try to ram the 80ton steel ship with his 30 ton fiberglass boat on high seas, risking killing his son and son in law, in order to run away from the PCG boat, the coastguard said they backed up, and then went forward (as though they peeled rubber) almost hitting the coastguard ship, and but for the coastguard's quick reverse, the fishing boat 1/3 the size would have collided with the coastguard. B/c the fishing boat resisted the warning to stop, they ordered the shooting..

Questions:

1) how fast was the fishing boat going when it shifted from reverse to forward that almost collided with the coastguard? such that the coastguard had enough time to reverse the gear to avoid collision? remember, this all happened on water, not land.
2) If a collision was avoided, how was the coastguard in danger when it gave chase? it was the one chasing, not being chased, and there was no other information provided that would indicate a danger to the coastguard. Are you saying they were going so fast on water that the boat could have flipped over? that's absurd.
3) If the coastguard intended to shoot the engine, why did 42 of the 52 bullets landed in the captain's cabin? and then, they claim "accidental" killing. How can it be accidental when you aimed most of your shots at the captain?

RUBBISH, LIES,

Now Aguino is telling the world press that Ma is jealous of Aguino for having such high ratings in his own country, unlike Ma, and say the sanctions are a way to bully the smaller country. He has turned this serious matter into a circus sideshow between him and Ma.

WOW, WHO IS BEING DECEPTIVE?

by the way, where is the video to prove the PCG story to NBI? I don't think they will produce that for a while, and when they do, its probably heavily edited, and the one minutia part that supports the story will appear blurry and questionable, leaving all viewers in a quandary.

The Filipinos are definitely in the wrong here, why? because the victim here was just one old fishermen whose nationalistic view probably clouded his sense of safety, but this gives no right for the the Philippines to open fire continuously and subsequently KILL the old man. I can't believe how incompetent and irresponsible these Filipino coast guards are.

Even with the island disputes with Japan , the Japanese never killed anyone; they just shoot water or arrest people, like what the Philippines should of done...but no, it is clear this country is a warmongering nation that wants to drag the US into supporting the Philippines blood lust. But too bad for the Philippines, The US will be neutral when conflict does ensue.

Here is a 2 min video of facts on what happened there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=j5JzRUQZdwo

sorry if its been posted already, I can't be stuffed reading 40+ pages of cap locks and seizure red texts.

Also, the picture posted by that whiny mushroom tip licking Zero Wing; red neck hill billies put signs similar to that on their property which is fitting considering the Philippines is also a country filled with red necks.

Well its them chinese have been stealing from us are you telling me that's a lie too

The Filipinos are definitely in the wrong here, why? because the victim here was just one old fishermen whose nationalistic view probably clouded his sense of safety, but this gives no right for the the Philippines to open fire continuously and subsequently KILL the old man. I can't believe how incompetent and irresponsible these Filipino coast guards are.

Even with the island disputes with Japan , the Japanese never killed anyone; they just shoot water or arrest people, like what the Philippines should of done...but no, it is clear this country is a warmongering nation that wants to drag the US into supporting the Philippines blood lust. But too bad for the Philippines, The US will be neutral when conflict does ensue.

sorry if its been posted already, I can't be stuffed reading 40+ pages of cap locks and seizure red texts.

Also, the picture posted by that whiny mushroom tip licking Zero Wing; red neck hill billies put signs similar to that on their property which is fitting considering the Philippines is also a country filled with red necks.

Because it is the thing happen in our waters just 80 miles from a Philippine Province tell me something its our backyard why are going here and when a PCG ship ask you to stop why ram it? and again why pick on the Philippines? majority of you people are don't tell me am lying because the post speak for its selves overlapping my foot! you were caught and you try to ram ship and don't tell me its not because its common to all you people its insulting that people like you have the nerve to call b.s on my country because we can't defend ourselves you people have so nerve to call me names while you people don't even know what soap is! you people are nothing but bunch of racist jerks lets wait for the investigations to be over well! well why do i bother you people racist after all

Why would an unarmed boat attempt to ram a ship with eight times its volume (remember, half length also means half beam and half draft -- not to mention one is fiberglass and the other one is metal). That doesn't make sense. Why are the other Filipinos taking that at face value? Why would anyone believe a crazy story like that? Do you realize how stupid you're making us look to other nationalities? Have you never been bullied by a PNP cop before who lied about what he was doing to get away with it?

Do you not realize that fishing in someone else's waters doesn't justify killing them? Are you serious that 52 bullets isn't a lot (remember, shooting at moving targets in the wavy seas is hard, if there are 52 holes there are hundreds that missed). Are you sure that chasing the small boat for hours and shooting it the whole time means we showed restraint instead of making us look like crazy murderers? Do you realize that claiming self defense only works if the other party was capable of killing us or causing damage?

Or are you just blindly defending and posturing because one side has the Filipino flag on it.

This is a really bad year to be a Filipino on the internet. First it was that stupid business in Sabah and then now this

Why would an unarmed boat attempt to ram a ship with eight times its volume (remember, half length also means half beam and half draft -- not to mention one is fiberglass and the other one is metal). That doesn't make sense. Why are the other Filipinos taking that at face value? Why would anyone believe a crazy story like that? Do you realize how stupid you're making us look to other nationalities? Have you never been bullied by a PNP cop before who lied about what he was doing to get away with it?

Do you not realize that fishing in someone else's waters doesn't justify killing them? Are you serious that 52 bullets isn't a lot (remember, shooting at moving targets in the wavy seas is hard, if there are 52 holes there are hundreds that missed). Are you sure that chasing the small boat for hours and shooting it the whole time means we showed restraint instead of making us look like crazy murderers? Do you realize that claiming self defense only works if the other party was capable of killing us or causing damage?

Or are you just blindly defending and posturing because one side has the Filipino flag on it.

This is a really bad year to be a Filipino on the internet. First it was that stupid business in Sabah and then now this

Because of you, I remain hopeful this conflict will resolve amicably.

if half of the people in Philippines voice concerns like you, I am sure Ma will quickly back down on the sanctions.

Ma is the cleanest president Taiwan has ever had, but too naïve and not enough cunning -- typical Harvard grad.

Well its them chinese have been stealing from us are you telling me that's a lie too

fishing in disputed waters is a stealing? how about Taiwan arrests all fisherman who come close to the 20th parallel and call them thieves?

nice slideshow, very informative.

Yes because this just 80 miles from a Philippine Province

Yes glorify hating filipinos just like the Nazi's killing many people did in world war 2

WTF are you talking about, half the time you don't even make sense. Take a chill pill and get with the program man.

would any Filipino care to respond to this msg? Or are you going to say he is an imposter?

Its time for Taiwan to institute put a no access zone around Luzon. And blockade Manila. Any ship that tries to run the blockade will be sunk. Until the compensation is paid in full. The compensation should be around $30 million.

Taiwan president calls for calm as mob sends Filipino to hospital
By: Agence France-Presse
May 18, 2013 8:50 AM

TAIPEI - Taiwan's leader on Friday called for calm and promised to protect Filipinos on the island amid widespread anger at the Philippines over the killing of a Taiwanese fisherman.

Anti-Manila sentiments mounted after a 65-year-old fisherman was shot dead last week by Philippine coastguards who said his vessel intruded into Philippine waters.

Taiwanese media have reported an attack on a Filipino, tourists cancelling planned visits to the Philippines and some supermarkets removing food from the Philippines from their shelves.

Taiwan president calls for calm as mob sends Filipino to hospital - InterAksyon.com

The Taiwanese President is stupid...he inflamed the Taiwanese people and now he's calling for calm because a lot of Filipinos are getting hurt and harrassed, and racially discriminated. He should have not inflamed the Taiwanese public....he should have just said the TRUTH....Taiwanese fishermen are poaching in Philippine EEZ and there's no overlapping EEZ...and Batanes Islands is undisputed.

See and you called us uncivilized so tell me how many Taiwanese hurt in the Philippines zero! You people are hypocrisies just like your mainlander brothers you fish in our waters you ram our ship now your hurting filipinos may araw rin kayo mga hayop!
original.jpg

See and you called us uncivilized so tell me how many Taiwanese hurt in the Philippines zero! You people are hypocrisies just like your mainlander brothers you fish in our waters you ram our ship now your hurting filipinos may araw rin kayo mga hayop!
original.jpg

Geez you are loosing it. You are having a break down. Calm down take a deep breath and take your Haldol.

Geez you are loosing it. You are having a break down. Calm down take a deep breath and take your Haldol.

Thanks admiral general much appreciated of all the nay anti filipinos here like you the most because you always know to the right things i can laugh at that's million man! :tup: :rofl:

Because of you, I remain hopeful this conflict will resolve amicably.

if half of the people in Philippines voice concerns like you, I am sure Ma will quickly back down on the sanctions.

Ma is the cleanest president Taiwan has ever had, but too naïve and not enough cunning -- typical Harvard grad.

Well he is trying to score big points with the locals voters but my countrymen has to pay the price for his political mileage

fishing in disputed waters is a stealing? how about Taiwan arrests all fisherman who come close to the 20th parallel and call them thieves?

tell me sir do you know what 80 miles to the nears Philippine Province is?

Back
Top Bottom