What's new

Taiwan Armed Forces

An excellent piece , amigo !
I heard Taiwan was interested in Japan's Type 10 tank though.

Amphibious exercises near Taichung,

Taiwanese+Military+Perform+Drills+Taichung+uMTvwk-pg9ul.jpg

Taiwanese+Military+Perform+Drills+Taichung+2g0WP-UIKunl.jpg

---

Coordinated Air-Amphibious exercise,

Taiwanese+Military+Perform+Drills+Taichung+Le6EMKVjUxol.jpg

Taiwanese+Military+Perform+Drills+Taichung+7ZbMiXlGl5Tl.jpg

Taiwanese+Military+Perform+Drills+Taichung+TQady0qLW-hl.jpg

Taiwanese+Military+Perform+Drills+Taichung+lU2KDppgdyOl.jpg
aren't those the F-CK-1 Ching-Kuo aircraft?

My friend, that is very true and correct that the PLAAF has the capability to strike Taiwan, but it will not be without casualties on the Mainland as well. The Republic of China Armed Forces (Taiwan) has a forward deployed garrison in the island of Kinmen (Qiamoy), which is literally less than 50 kms from the Provincial Capital of Fujian called Xiamen.

kinmen-island-map.jpg

taiwanstrait2-2-e1380607014984.jpg

There are a vast multilayered defense grid in Kinmen that includes Hsiung Feng I, II, III as well as an advanced guard of MBTs, anti tanks, and an unspecified number of army troops ( i would estimate probably 2-3 divisions, and probably at least 2-3 battalions of Marine Corp units).

If say hostilities were to initiate, you can trust that ROCAF will wreck havoc on Xiamen, Sui'an, Shima, Datong, Huafeng, Quanzhou, Jijiang. Taking just the island of Kinmen will be a strategic operation for the PLA and would result in immense number of combatant losses too epic to quantify. Even and if they do take that island, they have to also assault the much heavier defended Pescadores (Ma Kung Island Group) , which will enable the ROCAF to prepare for their defense, and enough time for any allies to come to the aid of Taiwan.

Japan will include Taiwan in its military umbrella and will now cooperate with Taiwan on defense articulations, one in which Taipei has been insistent in forming with Japan ever since 1972. Even the current President of Taiwan (Ma) , tho is patriotic in regards to the Senkaku Shoto, has been quite vocal to Prime Minister Abe on various accounts -- on forming a quasi defense pact with Taipei in conjunction with a Japanese-Taiwan Special Relations Act, similar to the one Taiwan has with the United States.

Ma has even been more adamant with PM Abe on a Taiwan-Japan Special Relations Act than say Lee Teng Hui, even tho Ma is a KMT party member. Tho i have to say we Japanese value is diplomatic face in regards to the Mainland , we call this 'diplomatic ambiguity'. :)

img-taiwanmayingjeoujapanshinzoabe103110_122001267382.jpg

AJ201304100104.jpg

thediplomat_2015-08-13_13-30-36.jpg

thediplomat_2015-08-13_13-30-35.jpg

Taiwan’s prototype MALE UAV. Credit: J. Michael Cole

thediplomat_2015-08-13_13-30-28.jpg

The Sea Oryx Missile System. Credit: J. Michael Cole
Buddy @Nihonjin1051 , where do you get this stuff anyway? The write ups i mean...

Taiwan soldiers with a Machine gun
Taiwan.jpg

Taiwanese F-16s on Standby at Hualien
F-16.jpg

Back
Top Bottom