Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Tahirul Qadri decides not to contest elections
By Web Desk
Published: January 22, 2013
LAHORE: Even if Minhaj-ul-Quran International (MQI) takes part in the elections, neither I nor any of my family members will take part in the elections, said MQI Chief Tahirul Qadri on Tuesday.

Qadri was speaking to media in Lahore.

Explaining that his family members are legally qualified to take part in the elections, Qadri said this is a symbolic decision taken to “promote democracy” within the party.

The MQI chief recently reached a deal with the ruling coalition which will give his party some say over the formation of a caretaker government ahead of elections this spring.

As a part of the deal, the firebrand cleric will also host a meeting between constitutional experts and political parties’ leaders to find a way to reform the Election Commission of Pakistan.
Tahirul Qadri decides not to contest elections – The Express Tribune

For contesting election he will have to let go his Canadian citizenship, which also means he will have to let go welfare fund he is getting from Canadian Gov... this guys is a total waste.. feel sorry for the people who followed him to Islamabad..

^^ why are you so desparate to make him leave his canadian citizenship, atleast this guy doesnt deny that he is a national of canada, unlike the nawaz brothers who operate big big businesses in landon and say that they arnt british national? the zardari family owns villas in england and at the same time zardari is our president

qadri is million times better guy than zardari and nawaz we have

^^ why are you so desparate to make him leave his canadian citizenship, atleast this guy doesnt deny that he is a national of canada, unlike the nawaz brothers who operate big big businesses in landon and say that they arnt british national? the zardari family owns villas in england and at the same time zardari is our president

qadri is million times better guy than zardari and nawaz we have
I'M NOT DESPERATE, i dont give a Sh!t if this guys stand in election or not, i'm just stating the fact......
kindly add Aftab Bhai & his associates to the list of foreign citizenship holder , it wont hurt u :D

I'M NOT DESPERATE, i dont give a Sh!t if this guys stand in election or not, i'm just stating the fact......
kindly add Aftab Bhai & his associates to the list of foreign citizenship holder , it wont hurt u :D

aftab bhai who??

Tahirul Qadri decides not to contest elections
By Web Desk
Published: January 22, 2013
LAHORE: Even if Minhaj-ul-Quran International (MQI) takes part in the elections, neither I nor any of my family members will take part in the elections, said MQI Chief Tahirul Qadri on Tuesday.

Qadri was speaking to media in Lahore.

Explaining that his family members are legally qualified to take part in the elections, Qadri said this is a symbolic decision taken to “promote democracy” within the party.

The MQI chief recently reached a deal with the ruling coalition which will give his party some say over the formation of a caretaker government ahead of elections this spring.

As a part of the deal, the firebrand cleric will also host a meeting between constitutional experts and political parties’ leaders to find a way to reform the Election Commission of Pakistan.
Tahirul Qadri decides not to contest elections – The Express Tribune

For contesting election he will have to let go his Canadian citizenship, which also means he will have to let go welfare fund he is getting from Canadian Gov... this guys is a total waste.. feel sorry for the people who followed him to Islamabad..

It is not a waste. He showed the govt. that if need be Pakistanis can protest against the government and bring it down.

The protestors in Islamabad were from all walks of life, liberals, religious, bearded, not bearded, women with covered head, women without covered heads young, old, teenagers, babies. People were not there to support him to come to elections but supporting what he was demanding.

There was news that Canadian officials want him and probably he will have to give up his Canadian citizenship, if at all this news is true, well he is a law guy and he knew the consequences of doing the protest in Pakistan before actually organizing it. He risked his other nationality for the sake of Pakistan, unlike our politicians who if given the choice by their other country to keep only one passport they would all the very next day fly to Europe and America and other countries without any hesitation and denounce their Pakistani Nationality. But who knows as the things are going and keeping in view our honest and hard working politicians who want to keep the constitution up to date and enforce it's implementation when it comes to their chair, we might see an amendment stating that anyone holding a Pakistan Origin Card can contest elections.

Protestors supported him protest 100% keeping in view his demands nothing more nothing less. But if he stands in elections he will be standing after fulfilling all the requirements as per the Constitution for which he was protesting. Who else will be contesting after fulfilling the articles of constitution except Imran Khan?

Part 2 Chapter 1 Article 16

16. Freedom of assembly.

Every citizen shall have the right to assemble peacefully and without arms, subject to any reasonable restrictions imposed by law in the interest of public order.

Good idea as Dr. Qadri has a very robust agenda for development of Pakistan through his efforts privately.

Dr. Qadri is an institution in Pakistan.

It is better to be Canadian or Christian or padri rather than to be a member of illuminati or similar cult and breeding the same.

+ an awful singer (Mirasee), and an awful Comedian (Maskhara). :bunny:

i think we all need to grow up from name calling, as i have been saying, just need to post here one video of waseem akhter and here goes bang :lol:

This Qadri is acting like Anna Hazare... first making rallies against govt and then refusing to stand in election.

Koi jara pata karo kya Anna aur Qadri mei koi link hai? :P

Qadri says he and family won’t take part in elections

Dr Tahirul Qadri, patron of the Tehreek-e-Minhajul Quran, on Tuesday reiterated that he and his entire family will not take in the upcoming general elections.

Addressing a news conference at Minhajul Quran’s secretariat here, he said he and his sons and family won’t take in the elections.

“My daughters and daughters-in-law will also not take part in the general elections,” he asserted.

However, Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT) is free to decide whether it wants to take part in the electoral process or not.

Replying a query regarding the validity of agreement with the government before the end of long march, Dr. Qadri said agreement has been made with the government, whether current regime stays in power or not the agreement will remain intact.

He said had the army intervened in the long march, democracy would not have been saved nor the peace.

Dr Qadri said people are increasingly getting disappointed with the prevalent system in Pakistan, adding the democracy should have a mechanism of auto-accountability. The responsibility for everything cannot be attributed to the previous governments, he added.

He said that his long march was cent percent successful, adding that people have become aware of their political rights after the long march.

Qadri says he and family won

Back
Top Bottom