What's new

Tagore, The Islamophobe....

IamBengali user is a Hindu Bengali not a Muslim Bengali, that's why he likes Tagore so much. As much as I have respect for Rabindranath, but get over it! Tagore has nothing to do with us Muslims in East Bengal! If you are so butt hurt then go back to West Bengal, where he is from! And it is also to the fact that we don't give a damn about Bengali Literature (except for a few idiots who do learn these things from a young age) and we don't know much about Tagore but we do know about Kazi Nazrul Islam. I can firmly say East Bengal and West Bengal in respect to both culture, religion, language and cuisine are different. And Tagore is from West Bengal not Bangladesh! That's why we must have different anthem of OUR OWN!

Kazi Nazrul Islam was more West Bengali than Tagore who spent a considerable time of his life in East Bengal, and do you know about the "Shyama Sangeet" of Kazi Nazrul? :-)

It's time for Bangladesh to change our Sanskrit based script of Bangla to Persian and Arabic for Bengali Muslims. Cannot tolerate shitty Ko, Kho, Gho... And whatever! I can't even go past Gho!

That I agree and propose also, you guys should discard Bengali language, you are not Bengalis, you guys are Bangladeshis, why should you share culture, language, literature, and identity of being "Bengali" with Hindus, time to create your own identity and leave us Bengalis alone. :)

Last edited:
IamBengali user is a Hindu Bengali not a Muslim Bengali, that's why he likes Tagore so much. As much as I have respect for Rabindranath, but get over it! Tagore has nothing to do with us Muslims in East Bengal! If you are so butt hurt then go back to West Bengal, where he is from! And it is also to the fact that we don't give a damn about Bengali Literature (except for a few idiots who do learn these things from a young age) and we don't know much about Tagore but we do know about Kazi Nazrul Islam. I can firmly say East Bengal and West Bengal in respect to both culture, religion, language and cuisine are different. And Tagore is from West Bengal not Bangladesh! That's why we must have different anthem of OUR OWN!

It's time for Bangladesh to change our Sanskrit based script of Bangla to Persian and Arabic for Bengali Muslims. Cannot tolerate shitty Ko, Kho, Gho... And whatever! I cannot even go past Gho!

Kazi Nazrul Islam was more West Bengali than Tagore who spent a considerable time of his life in East Bengal, and do you know about the "Shyama Sangeet" of Kazi Nazrul?

He is from West Bengal but he was given Bangladeshi citizenship and spent more time in East Bengal, I think. Where do you think his Persian and Islamic influences in Ghazal and Nazrul Geeti came from? West Bengal!? LOL! It doesn't matter since we don't care about Kazi Nazrul Islam either! And I don't know about him. Read about him and his poem a one or two in School but that was a long time ago for my admittedly short life! But still is better than Tagore, I presume.

That I agree and propose also, you guys should discard Bengali language, you are not Bengalis, you guys are Bangladeshis, why should you share culture, language, literature, and identity of being "Bengali" with Hindus, time to create your own identity and leave us Bengalis alone.

Good! Thank you! We will, so don't worry! It's just a mater of time!!

He is from West Bengal but he was given Bangladeshi citizenship and spent more time in East Bengal, I think. Where do you think his Persian and Islamic influences in Ghazal and Nazrul Geeti came from? West Bengal!? LOL! It doesn't matter since we don't care about Kazi Nazrul Islam either! And I don't know about him. Read about him and his poem a one or two in School but that was a long time ago for my admittedly short life! But still is better than Tagore, I presume.

No, he didn't. :)

I can firmly say East Bengal and West Bengal in respect to both culture, religion, language and cuisine are different.

Not much, apart from religion, at least not yet. :)

Good! Thank you! We will, so don't worry! It's just a mater of time!!

You need to start somewhere, to start with stop identifying yourselves as Bengalis, Bangladeshi is better. People across the world generally associate Bengalis with Tagore. :-)

Last edited:
@DRAY No. Actually there is a lot of difference between West and East Bengal. Apart from religion it is also the cuisine. Our one is more North Indian and especially Pakistani influenced.

Anyway, I am sorry if I sounded mean back there. I don't mean to be rude with anyone... And I am certainly not racist nor prejudiced and I am sure, so are not my Muslim Bengali brothers who has been calling Hindus in this thread such name as Kafirs and Murtards. The thing is, we really and sincerely want a national identity of our own and not adopt things from West Bengal culture.

See we're not... When we say anything like that. We don't say as if Hindu people seem to think it to be offensive. We mean it helpfully, you know. And if it is wrong about what we say; okay it's wrong and people could say, you know; you are wrong about that one. But in many cases we believe it is right. You know, we are quite serious about it.

@DRAY No. Actually there is a lot of difference between West and East Bengal. Apart from religion it is also the cuisine. Our one is more North Indian and especially Pakistani influenced.

Anyway, I am sorry if I sounded mean back there. I don't mean to be rude with anyone... And I am certainly not racist nor prejudiced and I am sure, so are not my Muslim Bengali brothers who has been calling Hindus in this thread such name as Kafirs and Murtards. The thing is, we really and sincerely want a national identity of our own and not adopt things from West Bengal culture.

See we're not... When we say anything like that. We don't say as if Hindu people seem to think it to be offensive. We mean it helpfully, you know. And if it is wrong about what we say; okay it's wrong and people could say, you know; you are wrong about that one. But in many cases we believe it is right. You know, we are quite serious about it.

You are not a good Jamati yet, you still have a chance, see, most of the BD members here are Jamatis, non-Jamatis have stopped coming to this forum or converted to Jamatism, among the regular members I can trust @BDforever to guide you ahead, but even he has become a half-Jamati because of the bad influence from fellow Jamati members. :-)

And don't share so much of personal information and location details online with strangers, I saw you doing it in some other thread, it's not safe. :)

It's not really "Pakistani Influenced", Pakistan India and Bangladesh were conquered by similar Islamic empires so Muslim culture would be somewhat similar. It is usually known as North Indian Muslim culture because foreign invaders reached those areas first due to geographical location, whereas the advent of Islam in Bangladesh is very unique and that's why there is a whole book dedicated to that. Historians and people of other professional capacities even today are astonished how such a large Muslim population came to be in that particular area, an area that is disconnected from the rest of the Muslim world.

The last Muslim empire, Mughals instilled Muslim culture in Bengal and present day Bangladesh.

@DRAY Right, I shouldn't be doing that. Thanks!

But I am not a Jamaati because I was never connected with Jamaat e Islam! I am just a religious person strongly expressing my desire and I don't mean to offend anyone even if I ever sounded rude. No, no they are not Jamaatis. An outspoken Bengali Muslim does not mean Jamaatis. See that's what you Indians have as a misconception about us.

@Saiful Islam You are totally right! We are unique! We are strongly Mughal and Central Asian inspired and influenced! But say... Are you a Jamaati?

@aazidane @khair_ctg Are you guys Jamaatis?

Rabindranuth Tagore is not only foreign, but was an antagonist to the independent expression of Bengal Muslims' culture and social freedom. that is a part that some radical Indians on this forum are also trying to play whenever any Bangladeshi is posting about Rabindra culture's undue grip on Bangladesh. Tagore had been threat then, and at present, not in bedouin Arab land (as one Indian somehow pulled up) but right there in Muslim Bengal
And the faith you are following is originated in Bangladesh right?

But I am not a Jamaati because I was never connected with Jamaat e Islam! I am just a religious person strongly expressing my desire and I don't mean to offend anyone even if I ever sounded rude. No, no they are not Jamaatis. An outspoken Bengali Muslim does not mean Jamaatis. See that's what you Indians have as a misconception about us.

@Saiful Islam You are totally right! We are unique! We are strongly Mughal and Central Asian inspired and influenced! But say... Are you a Jamaati?

No I am not a Jamaati, but the PDF Indians here think any Bangladeshi that is Islamically inclined is labelled a Jamaati and anyone who speaks against the 71 war is one.

It doesn't matter where Islam originated from because Islam is the religion of all people! We are peaceful and not racist and we do not have caste system. Does that explain anything?

The issue is... Our "Bangla" that our government and school is teaching to our young children and impacting the lives of our people are effected by Hinduism. Hinduism is another faith so why should we as Muslims followers of Islam have anything to do with it!? That's why we want to get rid of it.

And Tagore is from West Bengal not Bangladesh so that is another reason. We want our people to stand up for themselves and create something of our own as a Bangladeshi not a Bengali.

No matter what your nationality is, a Muslim is a Muslim first and foremost!! Now... The Muslims that are only naam e Muslims as in Muslim by only name and not a proper practising are a whole different case.

No I am not a Jamaati, but the PDF Indians here think any Bangladeshi that is Islamically inclined is labelled a Jamaati and anyone who speaks against the 71 war is one.

Hmm... And do you know why they do that? I think it is because, nowadays the identity of Bangladeshis as Muslims have weakened... So now they group us all together with West Bnegalis and think we are alike. So if they see a Islam inclined Bangladeshi they automatically think we are part of Jamaat. Little do they know that Bangladesh is a Muslim country if not by law and Islam has been here for more than 900 years! So we have the right to be as Muslim as possible and get free of all the Hindu influences. BECAUSE it is disrupting with our faith!!

no. but you are saying that no other religion except Dharmic religions like Hinduism and Jainism can exist in Bangladesh right?

by indian definition, anyone who disagrees with their version of 1971 war and their colonial presence in BD and its history since 1971 is a "Jamati". nothing you can do about it. to me jamati means someone praying in a group or praying in jamaat. i don't have any actual affiliation with JeI (the JeI people probably wouldn't consider me as one of them) but i respect and agree with many aspects of the party

Back
Top Bottom